None of Your Business....

You are just too stupid to see the reality.

it makes for spoiled fucking rich assholes like the koch brothers who try to purchase our government out from under the people.

It's not actually stupidity. It's willful ignorance.

Okay - what do I know. Maybe it really is stupidity.

You two would have a lot more credibility with your issue if you would bring Soros into the conversation also. But, that would be asking too much wouldn't it?

Actually, that loses credibility to me. Stay on subject ffs. Every time somebody mentions the Koch brothers, people try to change the subject.

not really. to the extent they can, corporations pay workers far less than they are worth. everyone is worth a living wage. but for wage/price controls, we'd be china.

before we had those types of controls, we had sweatshops...

the way i see the right is that's what they want to go back to.

for the record, i understand why some millionaires vote the way they do. they vote their self interset. it takes someone special to vote against their self-interest for the benefit of society. i find it perplexing, however, that people who have suffered the most at the hands of some of these policies are the most vociferously defensive of them.

i think that's p'nuts.

Well of coruse they are.......if they are doing a job worthy of a living wage. The kid bagging your groceries at apart time job that requires little skill, knowledge or education isn't doing a job worthy of a living wage. If they drop out of their taxpayer funded free education and never avail themselves of the the low cost educational opportunities provided thru community colleges or vo-tech centers and continue to bag groceries at 30 or 40, they are not worthy of making $30 per hour. It's a minimum wage job that kids living at home do, not men with families and a mortgage. You guys really need to face reality when you discuss nebulous ideas like "fair share" and "living wage".
most making minimum wages are ADULTS, between the ages of 18 and 25....with the majority of those jobs going to women, and primarily single women with children, the second largest group of minimum wage earners are seniors, taking a job in retirement to supplement their meager income....teenage children living at home were NOT the majority, from all that I have read on the topic.

Teach the cashiers to bag their own groceries that they ring, then pay them more by cutting out the bagging grocery person....then you have your living wage earned by the employee kept....the other grocery bagger needs to learn how to run the register as well...then he too can have a job that pays more! :D

I think you are missing my point. Minimum wage jobs are minimum wage for a reason. They fit great for a lot of people. We made our son buy his truck when he turned 16. He is 18 and a freshman in college this year. He worked a minimum wage job and paid his truck off 6 months early. He lived at home until going to college, so doing entry level jobs for minimum wage fit his needs nicely. He's looking for a job in college now for spending money and again, a minimum wage job will fit his need. My sister is retired and living off of retirement. She has taken a number of minimum wage jobs simply for something to do and to work in areas that have always interested her. People in between those two stages need to ask themselves why they are in the position of not qualifying for anything beyond a MW job at 30 or 40 years of age? In most cases (not all) it is due to choices they made. My state has what is called Oklahoma's Promise. You can Google it if you want. It is a program you can register for when your child is in 8th grade if you make under $50,000 and have your college education PAID for. You have to take certain required courses in high school and maintain a 2.5 GPA. How simple is that? But guess how many of those families won't avail themselves of the aid or how many of those kids will decide they don't want to go to school even when it is paid? Plenty.....and they will bitch because 10 years out of high school they can't make a "living wage".

not really. to the extent they can, corporations pay workers far less than they are worth. everyone is worth a living wage. but for wage/price controls, we'd be china.

before we had those types of controls, we had sweatshops...

the way i see the right is that's what they want to go back to.

I'm all for a minimum-wage. Comparing my argument to China is a little ridiculous, and nowhere did I say I think we should get rid of our labor laws.

Nobody wants to be on minimum, or be the bottom earners of the country-but reality is that some people are going to be. Some people are always going to feel as if they "don't get their fair share". But they're free to explore other options, whether that be go to school for a better education, search other jobs, start their own business, etc. Everybody has the chance at an education here (obviously it needs to be drastically improved), but regardless education is the great equalizer. If someone chooses not to get one, or give themselves the best opportunity to succeed-it's their fault.

It drives me crazy when I see people drop a few coins on the ground, and not even bother to pick them up. People in this country don't appreciate a dollar, and what it stands for anymore. You EARN your money.

i wasn't just referring to your comments. sorry if you thought i was.

but i think it's fair, given the nature of this thread and some of the rants, to address the agenda of the radical right.

the system can't be gamed... the people protesting did everything right... they went to school... worked hard... borrowed money to get the degrees...

i think that's the point you're missing. not that peopel don't "appreciate a dollar" but that there are two separate economies in this country.

I have nothing against those who're protesting. They're using their constitutional rights.

And nobody I know who I graduated college with (graduated in 09), isn't able to find a decent/good job. The only ones who don't have one-are in grad/med school or something like that. Sure some it took a while to get that job. I will admit that-it wasn't like we graduated and jobs were awaiting us. You had to work hard and finding them.

What I find in my generation is people aren't willing to work from the bottom and earn their way to the top-nothing in life is ever handed to you, you have to earn it.

Quick example, I run an ebay business which is moderately successful. I've invited many friends to join me, just to learn the ropes a little bit and get their feet wet. Not ONE of them has taken me up on my offer. And they wonder why I don't struggle as much as they do monetary wise. They'd rather sleep in on the weekends, or just relax during the day.

But if you're discontent with how much you make-get off your ass and change it. Don't expect others to do it for you.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I never said anything like that! Way to go, not only did you reduce yourself to a meaningless ad hominem argument, but you went way out of the ballpark all at the same time.

JamesinFlorida::

I usually don't pull this card, and most of the times I'm labelled as a "liberal" on this message board btw. But if you're discontent with how much you make-get off your ass and change it. Don't expect others to do it for you.

It's a little off topic, but I've always thought that with the exception of Seniors, that ANYONE working for minimum wage should be REQUIRED to be a student of some type. The two things should go together. I'd even accept CORPORATE training if its formal enough and leads to job skills that advance employment.

The purpose of minimum wage was NEVER to make people COMFORTABLE in menial labor.

We should promote the PERSON -- not the JOB...

Last edited:
But if you're discontent with how much you make-get off your ass and change it. Don't expect others to do it for you.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I never said anything like that! Way to go, not only did you reduce yourself to a meaningless ad hominem argument, but you went way out of the ballpark all at the same time.

I didn't mean you specifically, I meant in general. And way to ignore the rest of my argument. :clap2:

It's a little off topic, but I've always thought that with the exception of Seniors, that ANYONE working for minimum wage should be REQUIRED to be a student of some type. The two things should go together. I'd even accept CORPORATE training if its formal enough and leads to job skills that advance employment.

The purpose of minimum wage was NEVER to make people COMFORTABLE in menial labor.

And how is the minimum wage worker supposed to pay for that?

It's not actually stupidity. It's willful ignorance.

Okay - what do I know. Maybe it really is stupidity.

You two would have a lot more credibility with your issue if you would bring Soros into the conversation also. But, that would be asking too much wouldn't it?

Actually, that loses credibility to me. Stay on subject ffs. Every time somebody mentions the Koch brothers, people try to change the subject.

This thread isn't about the Koch bros. is it? But you and TM brought it up, so I went a step further, and you still couldn't bring Soros name into it. I can see why it loses credibility with you, because he's an extreme left sort of person....sorta like how you paint the Koch bros as right extreme.

I didn't mean you specifically, I meant in general. And way to ignore the rest of my argument. :clap2:

So, you're making ad hominems against me for what other people are allegedly saying? :cuckoo: And what rest of your argument? That's all you've said. I guess it's all you got. :lol:

Second job? Sell on Ebay?
A lot of people do that to compensate rather than looking for a handout from the feds.

So, you're making ad hominems against me for what other people are allegedly saying? :cuckoo: And what rest of your argument? That's all you've said. I guess it's all you got. :lol:

Read the rest of the post. I responded to your quotes, they're just not separate from large white screen.

I guess you can't read.:lol:

A lot of people do that to compensate rather than looking for a handout from the feds.

Bingo. I never qualified for many of the government loans/grants (because of my parent's income). Which is another way people on minimum wage could afford schooling.

Also here in Florida we have Bright Futures-which is based on merit. That means yes people from lower SES's can EARN these.

I had to open up my own ebay business, and it pisses me off that other people who could have qualified for those grants/loans didn't take them because they were lazy in school-and now complain about not getting paid enough. People can't have it both ways.

Last edited:

A community college course costs about $100 per semester WITH supplies. A public vocation school might even be less. Doesn't HAVE to be enrolled at Stanford.

This thread isn't about the Koch bros. is it? But you and TM brought it up, so I went a step further, and you still couldn't bring Soros name into it. I can see why it loses credibility with you, because he's an extreme left sort of person....sorta like how you paint the Koch bros as right extreme.

You might want to do some more research. He's not done anywhere near the damage they have. He doesn't have near the money they do.

You might want to do some more research. He's not done anywhere near the damage they have. He doesn't have near the money they do.

You need to talk to the Brits, Ms. Boop.
They think of him as satan.

No, I really don't. I need to take a break from the board, because every so often, I become sick-unto-death of nobody ever being honest. You can't own Koch brothers. Noooo. You have to point at whoever the fuck you're pointing at. Move goal posts, change the subject, whatever it takes.

Buh-bye.

motivatord9e56c9712d28ca1f5b99724f834b9a651de0ee0.jpg

Forum List

Back