None of Your Business....

6 of those people are from just two families and EVERY one of those people inherited their wealth

class envy

the koch and waltons on that list inherited their wealth.

They did not make it.

They were given it.

They are not the best and brightest they are merely kids who were given HUGE banks accounts to start their lives with.

If you want kings and queens to rule then keep making your stupid bullshit insults.

Let's be clear... I earn millions over the course of my life and I die and leave it to my daughter, and you have a problem with this? Why?

Hollywood makes millions on just one movie and they support the left . Soros is a billionaire and he is ok but the banks CEO nope they cant have that type of money. They ( the left) are so hypocritical

Kinda annoyed you used Big Ben as your example . Huge Steelers fan here.. J/K by the way

Heck - I'm not picking on your Steelers. They haven't stolen from me since they beat the Titans last Sunday...

:lol: :lol:
:lol::lol::lol:

Do you have any clue the level of expertise, experience and talent it takes to run a multi-national company with thousands of employees?

Yes.

Do you have any clue how utterly irrelevant that is to anything I said?

You could take any kid off the street and give them 100 million to start off with and they would still have money to leave their kids.

What I posted was facts, figures, and reason. What you produced is a tirade.

No, he produced facts and reason, too. You may not recognize it as such because it presents ideas you reject at a visceral level, but that doesn't change its validity.

Here's what it comes down to. One could make a case that top movie stars, TV stars, pop stars, and sports stars are overpaid. But even if that's true, they are still making their inflated salaries from THEIR work, not from the work of others.

A CEO of a big corporation is different, and the difference is qualitative, not just quantitative. The company he runs makes money by selling products that its workers produce, for more than what it pays the workers -- quite often MUCH more. The difference represents the company's profit margin, and the CEO is paid from those profits in ways that give him a vested interest in keeping wages and salaries down.

There's a qualitative difference between making a salary, however inflated one believes it to be, from a person's own labor, and making the same amount of money by skimming from the labor of others.

Reminds me of some work my company needed done not too long ago. Just some mild construction stuff that we hired a contractor for. The work was quoted to take a week, for a total of $45,000. There were 11 total people to do the work. One was the owner of the company, the other 10 were his employees. Hard workers, very good at what they did. The work was done in half the time they promised. Anyway, seeing as these guys were also pretty cool and friendly guys a few of us took the chance to chat with them a bit, and their pay system came up in conversation. Of the $45K, the owner gets $12,000 off the top. The remaining gets split up equally among the employees. So, doing the math, that's $3,300 per man for the job, or a little more than $1000 a day. Like the one guy told me, "You're damned right I work hard. If I was just getting paid chump change by the hour I wouldn't care, I'd take it easy. But this man pays me good, so I give it back to him."

Unfortunately in our country, such businesses are becoming increasingly rare. We no longer do business by giving great products and services for reasonable prices, and paying our employees well for good work. Now, we sell bare minimum products and services for as inflated a price as we can, and pay our employees as little as possible and hold the unemployment rate over their head to force them to sit down and shut up and take like a good little whore.

What I posted was facts, figures, and reason. What you produced is a tirade.

No, he produced facts and reason, too. You may not recognize it as such because it presents ideas you reject at a visceral level, but that doesn't change its validity.

Here's what it comes down to. One could make a case that top movie stars, TV stars, pop stars, and sports stars are overpaid. But even if that's true, they are still making their inflated salaries from THEIR work, not from the work of others.

A CEO of a big corporation is different, and the difference is qualitative, not just quantitative. The company he runs makes money by selling products that its workers produce, for more than what it pays the workers -- quite often MUCH more. The difference represents the company's profit margin, and the CEO is paid from those profits in ways that give him a vested interest in keeping wages and salaries down.

There's a qualitative difference between making a salary, however inflated one believes it to be, from a person's own labor, and making the same amount of money by skimming from the labor of others.

Nope sorry Dragon. Not this time. The majority of big-salary Millionaires and Billionaires exist OUTSIDE of a short list of CEOs. You just convieniently ignore all that with the rhetoric.

And for EACH of those sectors, entertainment, music, sports, ect --- there is a worker infrastructure supporting the elite earners. Starving waitresses in Burbank are getting paid scale on the same set as folks pulling down $400,000 an episode. Sports figures have a phenomenal labor structure to support their efforts. Trainers, marketers, sales forces, travel coordinators, janitors, ect..

Don't give me crap about "skimming from the labor of others". There's no diff here. Except maybe that the ratios are actually HIGHER outside of CEO pay. After all managing a corporation with 131 separate biz units and 100,000 employees gives you a smaller elite admin cost/employee than on the set of Two and a Half Men...

The majority of big-salary Millionaires and Billionaires exist OUTSIDE of a short list of CEOs.

Make it a long list, then, of those whose income primarily comes from business profits or investments rather than salary. That will be a majority.

And for EACH of those sectors, entertainment, music, sports, ect --- there is a worker infrastructure supporting the elite earners.

Any such infrastructure primarily supports the owners, and only secondarily the elite workers. The elite workers are paid excessively based on their value to the owners, and the rest are screwed mainly because that's possible. One could make a good case that the system is screwed up -- not arguing with that. But put the blame where it belongs.

Don't give me crap about "skimming from the labor of others". There's no diff here.

Except where the elite workers are also the owners, yes, there is.

Seriously.. are you inebriated 24/7? You make no fucking sense whatsoever.

I'm waiting for simple explanation as to what damned difference it makes in your life what another private citizen leaves to his children?

You are just too stupid to see the reality.

it makes for spoiled fucking rich assholes like the koch brothers who try to purchase our government out from under the people.

Seriously.. are you inebriated 24/7? You make no fucking sense whatsoever.

I'm waiting for simple explanation as to what damned difference it makes in your life what another private citizen leaves to his children?

You are just too stupid to see the reality.

it makes for spoiled fucking rich assholes like the koch brothers who try to purchase our government out from under the people.

So, as usual, you cannot answer a simple question... no wonder you're the laughing stock of USMB. You're just a jealous, envy ridden little tool.

Forum List

Back