None of Your Business....

the koch and waltons on that list inherited their wealth.

They did not make it.

They were given it.

They are not the best and brightest they are merely kids who were given HUGE banks accounts to start their lives with.

If you want kings and queens to rule then keep making your stupid bullshit insults.

how do you know that those kids did not work in that industry with their dads and worked into the running of the corporation as they grew up?.....are you sure there is no class envy here?.....

They are not the best and brightest.

They are the luckiest.

I want to promote the best a nd brightest.

I dont want a society where the inheritors rule our government

you still did not answer what i asked??..... as usual it just goes by you and you just go to the next post and ask the same fucking question again.....i just dont think you are the best and the brightest TM......

how do you know that those kids did not work in that industry with their dads and worked into the running of the corporation as they grew up?.....are you sure there is no class envy here?.....

They are the luckiest.

you still did not answer what i asked??..... as usual it just goes by you and you just go to the next post and ask the same fucking question again.....i just dont think you are the best and the brightest TM......

You're being way too kind...

Seriously.. are you inebriated 24/7? You make no fucking sense whatsoever.

I'm waiting for simple explanation as to what damned difference it makes in your life what another private citizen leaves to his children?

You are just too stupid to see the reality.

it makes for spoiled fucking rich assholes like the koch brothers who try to purchase our government out from under the people.

It's not actually stupidity. It's willful ignorance.

Okay - what do I know. Maybe it really is stupidity.

Seriously.. are you inebriated 24/7? You make no fucking sense whatsoever.

I'm waiting for simple explanation as to what damned difference it makes in your life what another private citizen leaves to his children?

You are just too stupid to see the reality.

it makes for spoiled fucking rich assholes like the koch brothers who try to purchase our government out from under the people.

It's not actually stupidity. It's willful ignorance.

Okay - what do I know. Maybe it really is stupidity.

You two would have a lot more credibility with your issue if you would bring Soros into the conversation also. But, that would be asking too much wouldn't it?

They did not make it.

They were given it.

They are not the best and brightest they are merely kids who were given HUGE banks accounts to start their lives with.

If you want kings and queens to rule then keep making your stupid bullshit insults.

They are the luckiest.

Any possibility that you could concentrate on salaries of Millionaires/Billionaires and tell us why you are constantly attacking the rich authors, musicians, sports figures, and entertainers???? And suggesting that the majority of these folks who never took a bailout should be punished? I didn't think so..

You're worth what you're paid. It's a simple (but true) concept. If you were really worth a higher salary-somebody out there would pay you that salary for your work. Why are the workers of the factories paid significantly less than the CEOs? Because almost anybody could do the job of the workers-but not the CEO's position.

Whatever the owner(s)/shareholders want to pay anybody for their position is their own damn business-because it's their money.

Now corporate tax loopholes, and corruption-that's a completely separate issue. Most millionaires are just like regular people (believe it or not).

Hollywood makes millions on just one movie and they support the left . Soros is a billionaire and he is ok but the banks CEO nope they cant have that type of money. They ( the left) are so hypocritical

Kinda annoyed you used Big Ben as your example . Huge Steelers fan here.. J/K by the way
Did an actor bring down our nation to its knees? Did Soros?

The complaint about CEO salaries as I have seen it on this site, is that CEO's don't pay their fair share of taxes on their income because incomes of ceo's have moved more towards receiving Stock and stock options, which avoids marginal income tax rates and is at the 15% capital gains rate.... and that CEO's are NOT PAID on what they accomplish for the good of the corporation but on back door contracts that their own buddies on their own corps boards, just gave to them, and that the stock holders in these corporations don't have a say in what they pay these ceo's out of their money.....along with the fact that many of the ceo's that brought this country to its knees who took billions in bail out dollars, are paying themselves bonuses and increasing their own salaries, while their share holders lost a bundle....

a ceo SHOULD BE PAID on their performance...but THAT is not what is happening....not with a good majority of the biggest ones.

As a stock holder, I personally do not like the board member/ceo relationship that continues to pat eachother on the back with huge raises while the companies fall apart and need bail outs from the gvt....

What I've seen posted on this board are ENDLESS accusations that workers wages have suffered as a DIRECT result of CEO salaries.. More than 8 or 10 posts a day to that effect. Some on THIS VERY THREAD. Also that CEO salaries have risen for no apparent reason other than greed over the past 20 years -- despite the reasons I gave in the OP..

Then you get the hypocrisy of accusing ALL the evil Millionaires/Billionaires of TAKING Govt handouts in these threads --- but claiming (like the Prez and his econ advisors) in other threads that it was NECCESSARY to do the bailouts to avoid a depression. Which is it for gosh sake?

You know -- NFL players do have bonuses based on certain percentage of performance. But they get the bulk of their compensation REGARDLESS of team performance. And in the case of CEOs -- sometimes people are there to STOP LOSSES -- not to make gains. It's a reality of biz. Guiding the company thru a downturn with minimal losses is just as much a skill. So that's why I say it's None of Your Business, what CEO superstars are paid.

Every stock voting form I see has approval for "executive compensation". Then it IS your business to approve or reject..

You're worth what you're paid. It's a simple (but true) concept. If you were really worth a higher salary-somebody out there would pay you that salary for your work. Why are the workers of the factories paid significantly less than the CEOs? Because almost anybody could do the job of the workers-but not the CEO's position.

Whatever the owner(s)/shareholders want to pay anybody for their position is their own damn business-because it's their money.

Now corporate tax loopholes, and corruption-that's a completely separate issue. Most millionaires are just like regular people (believe it or not).

not really. to the extent they can, corporations pay workers far less than they are worth. everyone is worth a living wage. but for wage/price controls, we'd be china.

before we had those types of controls, we had sweatshops...

the way i see the right is that's what they want to go back to.

for the record, i understand why some millionaires vote the way they do. they vote their self interset. it takes someone special to vote against their self-interest for the benefit of society. i find it perplexing, however, that people who have suffered the most at the hands of some of these policies are the most vociferously defensive of them.

i think that's p'nuts.

Last edited:
I answered the question.

Why are you lying about that?

But your answer was stoopid. You're pissed that someone's daddy left them money and yours didn't. Your argument is that it isn't "fair".

Oh so now you admitt you lied and that I DID ANSWER THE QUESSTION.

Then you lie about what I said.

you just cant defend you side with anything but lies.

You need to stop proving everyone right about your intelligence and problem with truth and facts. It was not ME who said you didn't answer the question. It was me who said your answer was STOOPID. Do try to keep up. Everyone is watching. I'll gladly accept your apology for falsely accusing me of lying.......but I won't hold my breath.

Last edited:

They did not make it.

They were given it.

They are the luckiest.

Then do it with YOUR money and not someone else's. Problem solved.

You're worth what you're paid. It's a simple (but true) concept.

Actually, it's nothing more than a dogma that people hold onto in an attempt to justify their political goals.

If you were really worth a higher salary-somebody out there would pay you that salary for your work.

If this is what you think then you don't know anything about the business world. Nobody is going to pay you a higher salary or wage just because they want to be nice. They will pay you the bare minimum they can get away with so doing.

Why are the workers of the factories paid significantly less than the CEOs? Because almost anybody could do the job of the workers-but not the CEO's position.

Just as long as you're not conducting class warfare everything is fine. :eusa_whistle:

This is the problem in all of this. People need to get over their preconceived notions about the moral value of it all. It's not about Rockefeller going to Heaven and Marx going to Hell, or vise versa. It's about what works for the overall society. The way we do business in this country and our approaches and attutides about these kinds of things have created a weak economy that cannot support the populace sufficiently, nor for very much longer.

Then you ought to expect that instead of "paying you what you're worth" or other nonsense like that, they're going to pay you as little as possible, hold unemployment rates over employee's heads to earn submission, and establish increasingly high demands.

not really. to the extent they can, corporations pay workers far less than they are worth. everyone is worth a living wage. but for wage/price controls, we'd be china.

I'm all for a minimum-wage. Comparing my argument to China is a little ridiculous, and nowhere did I say I think we should get rid of our labor laws.

Nobody wants to be on minimum, or be the bottom earners of the country-but reality is that some people are going to be. Some people are always going to feel as if they "don't get their fair share". But they're free to explore other options, whether that be go to school for a better education, search other jobs, start their own business, etc. Everybody has the chance at an education here (obviously it needs to be drastically improved), but regardless education is the great equalizer. If someone chooses not to get one, or give themselves the best opportunity to succeed-it's their fault.

It drives me crazy when I see people drop a few coins on the ground, and not even bother to pick them up. People in this country don't appreciate a dollar, and what it stands for anymore. You EARN your money.

I'm all for a minimum-wage. Comparing my argument to China is a little ridiculous, and nowhere did I say I think we should get rid of our labor laws.

Nobody wants to be on minimum, or be the bottom earners of the country-but reality is that some people are going to be. Some people are always going to feel as if they "don't get their fair share". But they're free to explore other options, whether that be go to school for a better education, search other jobs, start their own business, etc. Everybody has the chance at an education here (obviously it needs to be drastically improved), but regardless education is the great equalizer. If someone chooses not to get one, or give themselves the best opportunity to succeed-it's their fault.

It drives me crazy when I see people drop a few coins on the ground, and not even bother to pick them up. People in this country don't appreciate a dollar, and what it stands for anymore. You EARN your money.

If you don't back EVERYTHING the left advocates then you are for polluted air and water, repeal of child labor laws, clubbing baby seals, kicking puppies... blah bah blah.

It's what one does when one can't defend draconian regulations.

i wasn't just referring to your comments. sorry if you thought i was.

but i think it's fair, given the nature of this thread and some of the rants, to address the agenda of the radical right.

the system can't be gamed... the people protesting did everything right... they went to school... worked hard... borrowed money to get the degrees...

i think that's the point you're missing. not that peopel don't "appreciate a dollar" but that there are two separate economies in this country.

Holy crap have you certainly don't understand the entire concept.
The NFL is more along the lines of that which OWS and the rest of the middle class want to resemble.
But some brain power into the situation.
They spread the wealth around to everyone that it belongs too. The players , with their hard work and entertaining quailties, get a very substantial portion of the entire wealth of that which they create.
That is exactly what the workers want from the company they work for, their FAIR share of the profit. They worked hard to make the company profitable yet their wages do not keep up with the profits. It goes the the top 0.01% of the company.
The discrepancy of pay is not so great. It shows you do not understand.
The real distribution of wealth starts right at this level. The workers get less and less and the CEO's get more and more.

So that's why the first 12 weeks of NBA is getting cancelled due to those poor underappreciated players eh?

Where's your outrage for the team bus driver? for the folks who manage the uniforms? For the front office secretaries? For that $200 Hollywood walk-on that works with the $300,000 star talent?

Don't pretend that OWS SUPPORTS Millionaires/Billionaires as long as they are not CORPORATE rich villians. I don't think that's the plan..

Those CEOs are special talent stars. No different from the BULK of the other Millionaires and Billionaires in this country that have little to do with industry.. There's a special disdain that been CREATED for "Wall Street" Millionaires/Billionaires. But the solution is always to punish them ALL..

Well, you still just don't get it so ... keep your simple-minded ideas . The CEO's are special talent? When they take over a company and it falls flat on its face, those with the special talent get the golden parachutes and walk with millions of dollars.

Hey, great idea.

Pretty arrogant statement there.. Corporations fail for a number of reasons. The HUGE ones rarely fail at all. Unless there's BLANTANT mismanagement or crime. In which case that happens once every few years.. YOU -- want to indict ALL of these bizzes and executive staffs for the failures of a few.. Not only that -- you want to punish the Offensive line of the PACKERS with the same punitive taxes as you have targeted the evil CEOs with.

Betcha can't even dunk and you think those NBA players are way overpaid too...

for the record, i understand why some millionaires vote the way they do. they vote their self interset. it takes someone special to vote against their self-interest for the benefit of society. i find it perplexing, however, that people who have suffered the most at the hands of some of these policies are the most vociferously defensive of them.

i think that's p'nuts.

Well of coruse they are.......if they are doing a job worthy of a living wage. The kid bagging your groceries at apart time job that requires little skill, knowledge or education isn't doing a job worthy of a living wage. If they drop out of their taxpayer funded free education and never avail themselves of the the low cost educational opportunities provided thru community colleges or vo-tech centers and continue to bag groceries at 30 or 40, they are not worthy of making $30 per hour. It's a minimum wage job that kids living at home do, not men with families and a mortgage. You guys really need to face reality when you discuss nebulous ideas like "fair share" and "living wage".

You're worth what you're paid. It's a simple (but true) concept.

Actually, it's nothing more than a dogma that people hold onto in an attempt to justify their political goals.

If you were really worth a higher salary-somebody out there would pay you that salary for your work.

If this is what you think then you don't know anything about the business world. Nobody is going to pay you a higher salary or wage just because they want to be nice. They will pay you the bare minimum they can get away with so doing.

Just as long as you're not conducting class warfare everything is fine. :eusa_whistle:

I never said somebody's going to pay you more "just because". Point out where I said that. Or admit you're just putting words into my mouth.

What I said was if you're WORTH more-others will pay you more. If you can do a job that incorporates more responsibility, and more skills-you WILL get paid more. Why? Because the more responsibilities you get and more skills you possess-the more people are willing to pay you. There's a reason why college graduates make more than high school dropouts. It's not because people want to keep the dropouts down.

This is the problem in all of this. People need to get over their preconceived notions about the moral value of it all. It's not about Rockefeller going to Heaven and Marx going to Hell, or vise versa. It's about what works for the overall society. The way we do business in this country and our approaches and attutides about these kinds of things have created a weak economy that cannot support the populace sufficiently, nor for very much longer.

I know the attitudes have to change. A family friend of mine ran a "small" multi-million dollar company. He was absolutely loaded. You know what he believed in? He stood by the mom and pop stores. Not one worker for him made minimum wage-not even the one's whose job was moving boxes from one room to another. Everybody was looked out after. You had a relative that needed a job? He gave them one with the company. If a worker needed help finding an apartment, or assistance with stuff related to outside of work? They got it. When he died-he left the company to the workers.

But keep using that broad brush to paint as millionaires as greedy. You're just jealous. Most millionaires are hard working Americans who've earned what they have, and will share it with others-IF they earn it.

Then you ought to expect that instead of "paying you what you're worth" or other nonsense like that, they're going to pay you as little as possible, hold unemployment rates over employee's heads to earn submission, and establish increasingly high demands.

I usually don't pull this card, and most of the times I'm labelled as a "liberal" on this message board btw. But if you're discontent with how much you make-get off your ass and change it. Don't expect others to do it for you.

i think that's p'nuts.

Well of coruse they are.......if they are doing a job worthy of a living wage. The kid bagging your groceries at apart time job that requires little skill, knowledge or education isn't doing a job worthy of a living wage. If they drop out of their taxpayer funded free education and never avail themselves of the the low cost educational opportunities provided thru community colleges or vo-tech centers and continue to bag groceries at 30 or 40, they are not worthy of making $30 per hour. It's a minimum wage job that kids living at home do, not men with families and a mortgage. You guys really need to face reality when you discuss nebulous ideas like "fair share" and "living wage".
most making minimum wages are ADULTS, between the ages of 18 and 25....with the majority of those jobs going to women, and primarily single women with children, the second largest group of minimum wage earners are seniors, taking a job in retirement to supplement their meager income....teenage children living at home were NOT the majority, from all that I have read on the topic.

Teach the cashiers to bag their own groceries that they ring, then pay them more by cutting out the bagging grocery person....then you have your living wage earned by the employee kept....the other grocery bagger needs to learn how to run the register as well...then he too can have a job that pays more! :D

Forum List

Back