Non-College Grad Scott Walker

Non College grad oversees a state with surplus that now gets returned to taxpayers, while the "President" of Harvard Law Review oversees biggest debt and deficits in recorded history

You were saying?

:eusa_shhh:
you'll burst the bubble

A college degree is not a measure of intelligence or capability

Just out of curiosity...what credence (if any) do you give to a college degree holder? All things being equal, if your daughter brought home a young man as a suitor to meet you, would having a college degree be better or worse in terms of how you thought about him?

I have a son, not a daughter, but I wouldn't care. I would be more concerned about what he is doing with his life.

I have an MBA and I can assure you there are people I went to grad school with who couldn't lead a swarm of flies to a bag of shit. A college education is overrated these days.

Fact is not having a college degree just means he is not part of the good old boy network that got us in this mess. The only people who care about degrees in a politician are snobs

tapatalk post

Your best post ever and you just HAD to blow it on the follow up.

Yeah they were all college grads, and look where the hell our country and lives are TODAY

Really people, these SNOBS who looks DOWN on you if you aren't "edumacated" to some STANDARD they have set for YOU, will be our downfall

Where is your country and life today? Highest standard of living in the world and the strongest nation on earth.

It isn't a matter of looking down on anyone. College isn't for everyone and Mr. Walker has done very well for himself (no innuendo intended) for a man of limited formal education. The challenges we face as a nation are quite complex though and to quote a real "snob" from The West Wing...."I think we might be talking about a .22 caliber mind in a .357 magnum world."

Again, he's going to have to lean heavily on advisers and experts which is fine. As I said, if you're the smartest person in the room, you don't need the advisers. But what you need to do as the team captain is to understand what their solutions and programs actually are going to look like on the ground. Our current President could stand some schooling on that it seems.

Its fine to prescribe A-F as remedies to a particular solution but are they practical? Lets say the issue is a new weapons's system or new trade agreement. How will it affect our allies if they see us deploying something that could be used to destabilize their government or hurt their economy? This is the problem with experts; they tend to have tunnel vision...

One thing is for certain, the Presidency is a much harder job than a governorship.I think he's a good person from the few interviews I've heard. Is he up for it? If he's elected, I hope so.

Anyway, I'd thought I'd try...I should know better.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbpWonUzlrc]Obama Gaffe - YouTube[/ame]

^ College Grad, Degree in Choom

He's made such a mess of things, college is about the last thing that would prevent me fom voting for him.

I would love to be able to assess candidates and leaders on how well they clean up messes. But unfortunately, our election campaign system seems limited and being able to see someone's longterm real life performance would take more time than most campaigns allow.

if parties are lobbying for a track for citizenship,
why not set up tracks for future candidates and leaders, to gain and demonstrate/document experience in managing a city or state, reforming a govt agency or business to run correctly, or even building and governing a city-state from bottom to top.

if people start training as interns while in school, then spend 5-10 years on a supervised track, wouldn't that help solve economic, govt and political problems by enlisting mixed teams of interns and leaders in training, "research and development" on real life solutions?

Why not use that type of history, training and experience to assess someone's leadership skills, and what offices can best use their talents? And assess areas of weakness or conflicts so that person can get assistance to resolve those (instead of waiting until the election to expose past flaws, without time to fix them so they lose out on a position).

Why not set up all citizens and leaders to succeed? why set them up to fail?

It isn't a matter of looking down on anyone. College isn't for everyone and Mr. Walker has done very well for himself (no innuendo intended) for a man of limited formal education.

He dropped out his senior year of college to go to work for IBM. Let's not make it sound like he never got past second grade.

Does that hurt his chances of getting your vote either in the primary or general election?

I don't think so. He seems quite intelligent and capable in general.
icon_smile_2cents.gif

Just out of curiosity...what credence (if any) do you give to a college degree holder? All things being equal, if your daughter brought home a young man as a suitor to meet you, would having a college degree be better or worse in terms of how you thought about him?

I think the problem is, College Degrees have become what High School Diplomas were to a older generation.

What do you mean?

Reverting slightly into Right Wing Crank mode (because even twice a day, a broken clock is right), when you have public schools that graduate kids who can't read their diplomas, employers want to know that you can read, write, understand simple math, know basic simple science.

You got a Bachelor's Degree? Wonderful!

My current job requires a bachelor's degree. It shouldn't. It's not college level stuff. It's simply buying parts for manufacturing.

And I know a lot of buyers who were in the business for years, were really good buyers, and when the recession hit, 90% of purchasing jobs were inaccessable to them because they required college degrees.

I think the problem is, College Degrees have become what High School Diplomas were to a older generation.

What do you mean?

Reverting slightly into Right Wing Crank mode (because even twice a day, a broken clock is right), when you have public schools that graduate kids who can't read their diplomas, employers want to know that you can read, write, understand simple math, know basic simple science.

You got a Bachelor's Degree? Wonderful!

My current job requires a bachelor's degree. It shouldn't. It's not college level stuff. It's simply buying parts for manufacturing.

And I know a lot of buyers who were in the business for years, were really good buyers, and when the recession hit, 90% of purchasing jobs were inaccessable to them because they required college degrees.

Okay. I see your point.

No, his degree (or lack thereof) is not a factor. If he were running for a position like attorney general and didn't have a JD, that would be another issue, but governor is just an administration job and his track record is sufficient.

You mean cutting two billion from education and the poor and then claiming a billion dollar surplus?

I could do that. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night but it's an easy way to make a surplus.

Now, about all those jobs he promised to create......
george-of-the-jungle.gif

Forum List

Back