Nobody cares about the World Series

Not a thread on it. I hear nobody at work talking about it.

When I was a kid, this was the biggest sporting event in the country

as a Yankee fan, I agree......:eusa_boohoo:

in all seriousness, yes, I agree, when I was growing I used to have a transistor radio to my ear every sept, playoff and series time, and the yankees had a dry spell a lot of those years too ( "we are family"- who was that? ;))then, they expanded the first round playoffs in the search for more money, then the Roids, etc etc etc .....the NFl is it now...but, give them time, they're effing that up to.........example- more London games? Who gives a shit? :rolleyes:

Softball was invented by a man that thought baseball wasn't boring enough.

Well baseball is boring but it isnt as well.If you're talking about watching baseball on TV,then YES,baseball is boring.Its like watching paint dry,but watching it LIVE though is a total different experience and very fun and enjoyable.

I've been to "live" baseball game and it is only more interesting than a live ice hockey game by the fact that they can score a little more - but both are worse than watching paint dry.

you just proved my point for me that LIVE baseball IS exciting the fact that you said it is MORE interesting than a hockey game.:lol::lmao::lmao::lmao: I dont even get into hockey but I have been to a LIVE hockey game before and that was very exciting.

If i was into that game like I am with football,then hockey would be a blast to watch on tv all the time as others spelled it out to you how exciting it is to watch with so many different things going on.:cuckoo::lmao::lmao:

Not a thread on it. I hear nobody at work talking about it.

When I was a kid, this was the biggest sporting event in the country

as a Yankee fan, I agree......:eusa_boohoo:

in all seriousness, yes, I agree, when I was growing I used to have a transistor radio to my ear every sept, playoff and series time, and the yankees had a dry spell a lot of those years too ( "we are family"- who was that? ;))then, they expanded the first round playoffs in the search for more money, then the Roids, etc etc etc .....the NFl is it now...but, give them time, they're effing that up to.........example- more London games? Who gives a shit? :rolleyes:

Long-term business strategy.

Wait, did you just compare baseball to hockey?

Do you have trouble with your vision?

:lol:

Just in boringness......they are alike in that respect. Do you have trouble with comprehension? :D

No trouble at all!

That you would compare the excitement of the two is what makes me wonder about your vision. Hockey is clearly more exciting! :eusa_whistle:

Ha,ha, that you would consider Hockey exciting makes me wonder about your comprehension.

Just in boringness......they are alike in that respect. Do you have trouble with comprehension? :D

No trouble at all!

That you would compare the excitement of the two is what makes me wonder about your vision. Hockey is clearly more exciting! :eusa_whistle:

Ha,ha, that you would consider Hockey exciting makes me wonder about your comprehension.

Certainly more than baseball! Hockey doesn't start and stop every few seconds, and they actually hit each other! :lol:

No trouble at all!

Well, you are a girl after-all...:eusa_whistle:

Constant action, fighting, checking, great plays, speed, finesse and the most dangerous and difficult position in team sports, what's not to like?

Well baseball is boring but it isnt as well.If you're talking about watching baseball on TV,then YES,baseball is boring.Its like watching paint dry,but watching it LIVE though is a total different experience and very fun and enjoyable.

I've been to "live" baseball game and it is only more interesting than a live ice hockey game by the fact that they can score a little more - but both are worse than watching paint dry.

you just proved my point for me that LIVE baseball IS exciting the fact that you said it is MORE interesting than a hockey game.:lol::lmao::lmao::lmao: I dont even get into hockey but I have been to a LIVE hockey game before and that was very exciting.
I think you need to read my post again. Less exciting than watching paint dry is not very exciting for most people, but all you have proven is that you think watching paint dry is the bomb! :( :cuckoo::cuckoo:

If i was into that game like I am with football,then hockey would be a blast to watch on tv all the time as others spelled it out to you how exciting it is to watch with so many different things going on.:cuckoo::lmao::lmao:

So many different things going on? Ice skaters bumping into each other trying to hit a puck into the net and missing 99% of the time, wow, it doesn't take much to excite you. I bet watching grass grow would really send you into a tizzy.:lol::lol:

No trouble at all!

Sexist! :( :(

Constant action, fighting, checking, great plays, speed, finesse and the most dangerous and difficult position in team sports, what's not to like?

To each his own.........I like Football and Basketball, and I'm a girl, alright! :lol::lol:

Sexist! :( :(

To each his own.........I like Football and Basketball, and I'm a girl, alright! :lol::lol:

Not sexist.. I very much appreciate the differences..:wink_2:

I think you need to read my post again. Less exciting than watching paint dry is not very exciting for most people, but all you have proven is that you think watching paint dry is the bomb! :( :cuckoo::cuckoo:

So many different things going on? Ice skaters bumping into each other trying to hit a puck into the net and missing 99% of the time, wow, it doesn't take much to excite you. I bet watching grass grow would really send you into a tizzy.:lol::lol:

Missing 99% of the time? :confused: Hockey players don't miss the net most of the time, that's why the goalies are there! ;)

What about basketball players? I just saw that the career leader in FG% is at 0.599. That means the best ever player missed 40% of his throws, doesn't it? :eusa_whistle:

The thing I think is a problem with hockey is how difficult it can sometimes be to follow the puck. It's much harder to see than a football or basketball, even a baseball.

[ame=http://youtu.be/6GrnjRJG32g]Seinfeld - Kramer's Fantasy Baseball Camp - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back