No Need For Libs To Go To Polls Nov 4

Can you name the popular initiatives that Senate Republicans support?
Republican Ideas Included in the President s Proposal The White House
Review a few of the Republican initiatives included in legislation passed by Congress:
  • Includes personal responsibility incentives: Allows health insurance premium to vary based on participation in proven employer wellness programs
    • (Sources: H.R. 3468, “Promoting Health and Preventing Chronic Disease through Prevention and Wellness Programs for Employees, Communities, and Individuals Act” (Castle bill); H.R. 4038, “Common Sense Health Care Reform & Accountability Act” (Republican Substitute bill); H.R. 3400, “Empowering Patients First Act” (Republican Study Committee bill); H.R. 3970, “Medical Rights & Reform Act” (Kirk bill), "Coverage, Prevention and Reform Act")
  • Advances medical liability reform through grants to States: Provides grants to States to jump-start and evaluate promising medical liability reform ideas to put patient safety first, prevent medical errors, and reduce liability premiums.
    • (Sources: S. 1783, “Ten Steps to Transform Health Care in America Act” (Enzi bill); H.R. 3400, “Empowering Patients First Act” (Republican Study Committee bill); H.R. 4529, “Roadmap for America’s Future Act” (Ryan bill); S. 1099, “Patients’ Choice Act” (Burr-Coburn, Ryan-Nunes bill))
  • Extends dependent coverage to age 26: Gives young adults new options.
    • (Sources: H.R. 4038, “Common Sense Health Care Reform & Accountability Act” (Republican Substitute bill); H.R. 3970, “Medical Rights & Reform Act” (Kirk bill))
  • Allows automatic enrollment by employers in health insurance: Allows employee to opt-out.
    • (Sources: House Republican Substitute; H.R. 3400, “Empowering Patients First Act” (Republican Study Committee bill); “Coverage, Prevention, and Reform Act” )
  • Mechanisms to improve quality.
    • (Sources: H.R. 4529, “Roadmap for America’s Future Act;” S. 1099, “Patients’ Choice Act;” H.R. 3400, Republican Study Group bill; S. 1783, “Ten Steps to Transform Health Care in America Act” (Enzi bill))
  • Community Mental Health Centers. The President’s Proposal ensures that individuals have access to comprehensive mental health services in the community setting, but strengthens standards for facilities that seek reimbursement as community mental health centers by ensuring these facilities are providing appropriate care and not taking advantage of Medicare patients or the taxpayers.
    • (Source: H.R. 3970, “Medical Rights & Reform Act”)

Budgets are the domain of the House.

Are you really that uninformed? Republicans have passed budget after budget. The Senate is the one standing in the way of passage and you know it. If Reid doesn't like any of them....then sit down and negotiate one like everyone before him did.

Last edited:
And we're STILL waiting to hear about why slimy libs haven't passed a budget.

Crickets.

Budgets originate in the House and the House is Republican.
The House has passed budgets but needs the Senate to make them law.

Thanks for teaching liberals CIVICS 101. That's why they're too stupid to be in power. That's why the country is a mess.

THAT'S WHY THERE'S SUCH A CRISIS OF CONFIDENCE in Obama's government.

A Republican Senate won't accomplish anything except to be blamed for not accomplishing anything, which will help the Democrats in 2016.

Wrong, you do realize that they will send Bill after Bill to Obama's desk?

And none of them will be popular with the American people.

LOL,we'll see.

So you contend that if Laws are not "popular" they should not pass?
You would further contend that only Dems could possibly have ANY ideas that would be "popular"?

A Republican Senate won't accomplish anything except to be blamed for not accomplishing anything, which will help the Democrats in 2016.

LOL,we'll see.

You would further contend that only Dems could possibly have ANY ideas that would be "popular"?

Ooops, I think you have Carb by the short hairs there. LOL.

They always back themselves into a corner.....just like he's doing on this topic.....

:itsok:

You keep hearing it right here on USMB. If GOP wins the Senate (and it will), it won't really change anything. One lib after another claims it won't make a difference. And the polls have Obama down in the 30s for most issues like ISIS, the economy, jobs, Ebola, etc.

Since the election means nothing, I invite all you libs to stay home. Why waste gas and precious time.

Most far lefties are completely demoralized with this wishy washy president that goes back on just about everything he promises anyway, so why waste your time. Enough of you won't show up to keep the Senate.

Mark my words.

Until we legally hold elected politicians responsible for promises made when candidates I always stay home on election day. President Obama made many promises as a candidate he's come no where close to fulfilling as President. Until we can impeach Presidents and members of congress for making those promises and never fulfilling them why should anyone support them for whatever they're getting out of it?

For how often politicians invoke God, you'd think they actuaklly flipped through a Bible at some point and remembered this, kinda a big deal if a politician one might think,

That a man should fulfill whatever he has uttered (Deut. 23:24)

LOL,we'll see.

IOW you can't name any.

If I'm not mistaken the last significant legislation that was passed with wide Republican support was Bush's expansion of Medicare.

Yes, expansion of the so-called welfare state...

lol

You keep hearing it right here on USMB. If GOP wins the Senate (and it will), it won't really change anything. One lib after another claims it won't make a difference. And the polls have Obama down in the 30s for most issues like ISIS, the economy, jobs, Ebola, etc.

Since the election means nothing, I invite all you libs to stay home. Why waste gas and precious time.

Most far lefties are completely demoralized with this wishy washy president that goes back on just about everything he promises anyway, so why waste your time. Enough of you won't show up to keep the Senate.

Mark my words.

Until we legally hold elected politicians responsible for promises made when candidates I always stay home on election day. President Obama made many promises as a candidate he's come no where close to fulfilling as President. Until we can impeach Presidents and members of congress for making those promises and never fulfilling them why should anyone support them for whatever they're getting out of it?

Hey, I found something I agree with you about. People need to be held accountable for brazen lies. I want to find a way to hold the press accountable just as much as the politicians.

Mark my words.

Hey, I found something I agree with you about. People need to be held accountable for brazen lies. I want to find a way to hold the press accountable just as much as the politicians.

Nah, then we wouldn't have any more cool stories about Elvis marrying Bigfoot while waiting at the checkout. :)

Mark my words.

Nah, then we wouldn't have any more cool stories about Elvis marrying Bigfoot while waiting at the checkout. :)

Good point, LOL

Republicans will likely take the senate and so what? You really think this will make congress more efficient? It won't. Republicans have NOTHING to offer everyday Americans and the Americans who will vote for them are too stupid to know it.

Republicans will likely take the senate and so what? You really think this will make congress more efficient? It won't. Republicans have NOTHING to offer everyday Americans and the Americans who will vote for them are too stupid to know it.

You don't read much, do you? LOL

No one buys your silly post, hack.

You don't read much, do you? LOL

No one buys your silly post, hack.
Um okay how about you tell me what it is republicans have to offer the middle class and poor? Bush was a fine example of failing on pretty much everything. Obama's stimulus created more private jobs than any created in both of Bush's terms. Altogether 10.3 million have been created since he came to office. The other Bush's job growth was also pitiful. Clinton's job growth was just as good as Reagan's and Clinton didn't create an epidemic of poor people like Reagan did.

Face it, republicans have nothing.

Forum List

Back