No, Liberals, Bill Clinton was Not Impeached for Having Affairs but for Perjury and Obstruction

In a thread on the Stormy Daniels mess, a liberal complained that while Republicans argue that Bill Clinton's private sexual immorality was a valid reason for impeachment, they dismiss Donald Trump's private sexual immorality as no big deal, irrelevant, etc.

Oh no, no. Clinton was not impeached for his private sexual actions but for lying about them under oath (perjury) and trying to obstruct justice when he was sued for sexual harassment by Paula Jones (who, by the way, passed multiple lie detector tests). Here are the executive summaries of the four articles of impeachment that were approved by the House Judiciary Committee in 1998:

1. The president provided perjurious, false, and misleading testimony to the grand jury regarding the Paula Jones case and his relationship with Monica Lewinsky.

2. The president provided perjurious, false, and misleading testimony in the Jones case in his answers to written questions and in his deposition.

3. The president obstructed justice in an effort to delay, impede, cover up, and conceal the existence of evidence related to the Jones case.

4. The president misused and abused his office by making perjurious, false, and misleading statements to Congress.

Articles 1 and 3 were passed by the House and Clinton was impeached, but the Senate failed to remove him.

You can read the full text of the impeachment articles here:

Washingtonpost.com Special Report: Clinton Accused

This is the huge difference between Trump's affairs and Clinton's affairs: Trump has not lied about them under oath in any civil or criminal deposition or hearing. Nor has any evidence surfaced that Trump has tried to coach witnesses to give false testimony, whereas Bill Clinton summoned Betty Currie to the White House on a Sunday, a very unusual meeting time, to try to get her to testify that she was always there when Monica Lewinsky was there and that Monica and Clinton were never alone.

Clinton's own wheeling-dealing laid groundwork for his legal dilemma
Is it any better that trump lies to us daily?

All politicians lie to you like Preachers and Used Cars Salesman, so Trump is no different except he's Republican!
The classic republican comeback when they can’t defend their lies. They all lie. What a great attitude to have. Can’t argue with admitted liars and the people who defend them

Now please remind me of all the obama lies. Please don’t say fast and furious. You know both sides do shit like that. God knows how many fast and furious deals trump has made already. You won’t care
I will have the most transparent administration in history.
Obama care will lower premiums by $2000 a year.
If you like your doctor, you can keep him.
All the healthcare debates will be televised on Cspan.
Just a couple major liftoff the top of my head.
I will build a wall and Mexico will pay for it. Is that a lie?
He is still working on it, isn't he?

All politicians lie to you like Preachers and Used Cars Salesman, so Trump is no different except he's Republican!
The classic republican comeback when they can’t defend their lies. They all lie. What a great attitude to have. Can’t argue with admitted liars and the people who defend them

Now please remind me of all the obama lies. Please don’t say fast and furious. You know both sides do shit like that. God knows how many fast and furious deals trump has made already. You won’t care
So if he fails did he lie?

That’s assuming he was serious. He told Mexico president he wasn’t serious but don’t expose him. The Mexican prez said fu

He hasn't done it under oath and he hasn't used his office to obstruct justice....

Oh, and bill clinton is accused of raping at least 3 women and sexually assaulting about a dozen more, all done from positions of power as a law professor, Attorney General, Governor, and President.....Trump has had consenual sex and affairs....clinton is a rapist.
Sure he has!!! The special counsel has a VERY STRONG case of obstruction of justice on Trump....even a layman like myself, has no doubt of that, the evidence is piled from here to high heaven on that charge and yes, he should be impeached, as Clinton was for his perjury on his sexual relations...

Perhaps you could summarize that "very strong case" in a few bullet points? I'll be waiting.
perhaps you should use Google or search engine of your choice and search

Trump obstruction of Justice, special counsel

Would be a good start.

Or, Trump, firing Comey, Lester Holt, obstruction

Or, Trump tower meeting, Don junior with Russians, Trump press release crafted with lies, obstruction

LOL! THAT's your "evidence" of "obstruction of justice"--that he fired the partisan, lying, justice-obstructing James Comey?! The same Comey who falsely exonerated Hillary for putting highly classified information on a private server--THAT James Comey? You must be kidding. Firing a guy who had obstructed justice and lied about it--that's "obstruction of justice"?!

The meeting in Trump Towers was NOT "collusion"! Again, you must be kidding. If that was "collusion," then what do you call Hillary's hiring of a former spy to meet with Russians to get dirt on Trump? You know, the Steele dossier? You know that it was fed to Steele by the Russians, surely you know that much, right?

So Don Jr. meeting with some Russians to see if they have any valid dirt on Hillary is "collusion," but Hillay and the DNC hiring a former spy to meet with Russians and then getting dirt on Trump from those Russians--that's not collusion?

You're delusional. Comey helped Trump get elected when he announced that he was re-opening the Clinton server investigation about a week before the election. He did that in an effort to be "fair", but it absolutely hurt Clinton and he should not have done it. Plus, Comey has been a Republican his whole life, so how stupid are you?

You didn't answer my questions above. I suspect that you won't. You don't strike me as an honest person.

He hasn't done it under oath and he hasn't used his office to obstruct justice....

Oh, and bill clinton is accused of raping at least 3 women and sexually assaulting about a dozen more, all done from positions of power as a law professor, Attorney General, Governor, and President.....Trump has had consenual sex and affairs....clinton is a rapist.
Sure he has!!! The special counsel has a VERY STRONG case of obstruction of justice on Trump....even a layman like myself, has no doubt of that, the evidence is piled from here to high heaven on that charge and yes, he should be impeached, as Clinton was for his perjury on his sexual relations...

Perhaps you could summarize that "very strong case" in a few bullet points? I'll be waiting.

Would be a good start.

Or, Trump tower meeting, Don junior with Russians, Trump press release crafted with lies, obstruction

LOL! THAT's your "evidence" of "obstruction of justice"--that he fired the partisan, lying, justice-obstructing James Comey?! The same Comey who falsely exonerated Hillary for putting highly classified information on a private server--THAT James Comey? You must be kidding. Firing a guy who had obstructed justice and lied about it--that's "obstruction of justice"?!

The meeting in Trump Towers was NOT "collusion"! Again, you must be kidding. If that was "collusion," then what do you call Hillary's hiring of a former spy to meet with Russians to get dirt on Trump? You know, the Steele dossier? You know that it was fed to Steele by the Russians, surely you know that much, right?

So Don Jr. meeting with some Russians to see if they have any valid dirt on Hillary is "collusion," but Hillay and the DNC hiring a former spy to meet with Russians and then getting dirt on Trump from those Russians--that's not collusion?

You're delusional. Comey helped Trump get elected when he announced that he was re-opening the Clinton server investigation about a week before the election. He did that in an effort to be "fair", but it absolutely hurt Clinton and he should not have done it. Plus, Comey has been a Republican his whole life, so how stupid are you?

You didn't answer my questions above. I suspect that you won't. You don't strike me as an honest person.
I’m assuming like most republicans he didn’t want trump but preferred him over hillary

So if he fails did he lie?

That’s assuming he was serious. He told Mexico president he wasn’t serious but don’t expose him. The Mexican prez said fu
Is gitmo closed yet? That was a lie.

In a thread on the Stormy Daniels mess, a liberal complained that while Republicans argue that Bill Clinton's private sexual immorality was a valid reason for impeachment, they dismiss Donald Trump's private sexual immorality as no big deal, irrelevant, etc.

Oh no, no. Clinton was not impeached for his private sexual actions but for lying about them under oath (perjury) and trying to obstruct justice when he was sued for sexual harassment by Paula Jones (who, by the way, passed multiple lie detector tests). Here are the executive summaries of the four articles of impeachment that were approved by the House Judiciary Committee in 1998:

1. The president provided perjurious, false, and misleading testimony to the grand jury regarding the Paula Jones case and his relationship with Monica Lewinsky.

2. The president provided perjurious, false, and misleading testimony in the Jones case in his answers to written questions and in his deposition.

3. The president obstructed justice in an effort to delay, impede, cover up, and conceal the existence of evidence related to the Jones case.

4. The president misused and abused his office by making perjurious, false, and misleading statements to Congress.

Articles 1 and 3 were passed by the House and Clinton was impeached, but the Senate failed to remove him.

This is the huge difference between Trump's affairs and Clinton's affairs: Trump has not lied about them under oath in any civil or criminal deposition or hearing. Nor has any evidence surfaced that Trump has tried to coach witnesses to give false testimony, whereas Bill Clinton summoned Betty Currie to the White House on a Sunday, a very unusual meeting time, to try to get her to testify that she was always there when Monica Lewinsky was there and that Monica and Clinton were never alone.

Mike, I thought impeachment over perjury about sex was absurd, but if Trump knew of the payoff to Stormy and OK'd it, then that would be impeachable in the same vein.

Would be a good start.

There are those who say Comey was RESPONSIBLE for Hillary's loss but of course repubs won't agree now that they're on hating comey rants

That Clinton lying was a disgrace and proof that he was a piece of shit asshole but getting blowjobs from young interns in the workplace should have been grounds for termination. It would have been at every other workplace in the country.

Um, yeah. Hey, you know what, most places have workplace affairs... people usually aren't fired for them.

Everybody knew what a scumbag he was but the idiotic Moon Bats elected him President. They always make the wrong choices. The Liberals in this country are morons.

YOu see, here's the thing, back in the 1990's, I was one of you Right Wing Assholes who screamed "Impeach Clinton".

But in 2008, when I looked at my 25% pay reduction, my underwater mortgage, my busted ass 401K, the first thought on my mind was not, 'Well at least Bush didn't get a blow job and lie about it!"

I wish that lying about a blow job was the worst thing I had to worry about a president doing.

Only a stupid immoral Moon Bats would characterized Slick Willy getting blowjobs in the White House from a young intern as an "affair" to be dismissed. No place else in the US would have tolerated the chief executive getting hummers from an intern at work and then lying about it especially after being exposed in headlines all across the world.

Of course you are lying by saying that it should be tolerated. You stupid Moon Bats always lie to justify Democrat corruption and them being scumbags.
you keep going back to clinton and see how that stops the PRESENT scumbag in office from making millions and getting away with murder ..His cabinets coming and going prove he's an asshole

The only people I know that made millions and have got away with murder and proving they are assholes every day are Bill and Hillary Clinton. The scum of America.

Of course Obama is a close runner up. The reason why he wanted Hillary Clinton to win is because she would have been even worse than he was.
what bullshit trump has made a mockery of our tax laws ,,,,afraid to show them while raking in 100's of millions Open your ** eyes and stop believing all republican crap

Would be a good start.

There are those who say Comey was RESPONSIBLE for Hillary's loss but of course repubs won't agree now that they're on hating comey rants

I could go dig up old posts and old threads of them doing that if you wish. First they loved him, then hated him, then loved him again, now they hate him again. They hate everyone. All the Republicans they would have loved had they won the GOP primary are now being called RINOS. LOL. I heard Ann Coulter is now a RINO. Interesting.

Name the only US President to have his license to practice law stripped / suspended while President.....

C'mon snowflakes....you can say it. We all already know the answer anyway.... :p

Would be a good start.

I could go dig up old posts and old threads of them doing that if you wish. First they loved him, then hated him, then loved him again, now they hate him again. They hate everyone. All the Republicans they would have loved had they won the GOP primary are now being called RINOS. LOL. I heard Ann Coulter is now a RINO. Interesting.
Comey is like the Giant Rabbit in the play Harvey

Name the only US President to have his license to practice law stripped / suspended while President.....

C'mon snowflakes....you can say it. We all already know the answer anyway.... :p
Yea and if the Republican leadership today had any courage they'd lock Trump up.

Wow- this thread is because one poster said that Republicans impeached Clinton for a blowjob?

I want to point out in other threads- Trumpsters have been arguing that Michael Flynn lying to the FBI is no big deal- that he didn't do anything wrong.

if only trump was smart enough to have a law degree.... :rolleyes:

And once AGAIN you have LIED.....I am just so sick and tired of the false information and lies being spread by thoughtless tools like you....you lack in any kind of self respect, to continually spread lies, without blinking an eye.

Clinton agreed with the state of Arkansas, during the last minutes in office, to take a 5 year suspension of his law license....Which did not begin, until the next day.

He was NOT a sitting president, with his law license revoked.

Cliff Notes version: Clinton lied about a blow job and was then impeached by hypocrites in the House like Newt, Livingston, Hyde and Denny "The Diddler" Hastert who did a whole lot worse.

You're welcome

trump is the most disgusting president in history, brought to you by the "family values" party :uhoh3:

I'll tell you what is better: The economy is now growing better than it has in years (it turns out we had 2.9% GDP growth for the last quarter of 2017). February saw the biggest jump in manufacturing jobs since the 1960s. Hundreds of billions of American dollars parked overseas are flowing back to the U.S., thanks to the Trump tax cuts. Jobless claims are at an all-time low. Black and Hispanic unemployment are lower than they've been in many years. Even with its back and forth adjustments, the Stock Market has done better in the last year and three months than it did at any time under Obama. Millions of middle-income workers now get $100 to $400 more in monthly take-home pay, thanks to the Trump tax cuts. And on and on we could go.

Bull shit.

On 1 Apr of Obama's second year in office the market had gone up at a rate of 37.46%.
On 1 Apr of Trump's second year in office the market has gone up at a rate of 21.57%

Since math seems to be hard for you, 37.46% is better than 21.57%...by a lot

Be careful, Rumpers tend to call facts "fake news" like their Orange, bone spured God does!

Last edited:

Two of these counts were REJECTED house, and the other two by the Senate, including by 10 Republicans... You guys didn't prove your case.

So while I always enjoy when I make you SOOOOOOO angry, at the end of the day, Clinton was impeached for having an affair by guys who also had affairs, and Americans rejected the hypocrisy of it.

It's why they ended the careers of adulterers like Henry Hyde, New Gingrich and Livingston (not going to bother to look up his first name). Because the hypocrisy was rank.

So is the hypocrisy of those who went after Clinton for being a player, but defend Trump to the hilt, even though his behavior is a lot creepier.

"That porn star looks like my daughter... let's f*ck her!"

Don't forget Dennis Hastert the little boy lover.

Forum List

Back