No Intellectuals allowed!!!!

"Intellectual"?? We were told what an "intellectual" Obama was... if that's it, we don't want it. Wiliam F. Buckly was an intellectual, Patrick Moynihan was an intellectual, Mario Cuomo was an intellectual.. these new guys are erodite pinheads and idealogues. You guys can have them. I'll take a plain talker like Palin any day. She's obviously got something cause the left shits itself and backpeddles every time she speaks.

Palin has charisma. That makes for popularity and winning beauty contests. It doesn't make for good leadership necessarily. For every intellectual you name that you disagree with, there's another out there whose views you would share. Wanna get rid of them too? There's no reason why you can't disagree with someone while still appreciating intelligence and/or attempts at using actual thought to arrive at conclusions. Hostility toward intelligence is stunningly shortsighted.

Palin is not a "plain talker." Barney Frank is a "plain talker". Joe Biden is a "plain talker." Palin is a negative talker - all of her "clever" statements are based solely on negative quips or pushing negativity in some other way. She appeals to people's base emotions, not to intellect. Throughout history, base emotions have proven a pretty piss poor basis for running things.

"Intellectual"?? We were told what an "intellectual" Obama was... if that's it, we don't want it. Wiliam F. Buckly was an intellectual, Patrick Moynihan was an intellectual, Mario Cuomo was an intellectual.. these new guys are erodite pinheads and idealogues. You guys can have them. I'll take a plain talker like Palin any day. She's obviously got something cause the left shits itself and backpeddles every time she speaks.

I wouldn't vote for Palin....but she always kept her feet on the ground. I can't say that about the rest of them

I don't think it occured to them that some "smart" people ARE "happy". I would just be happy to be smart.

Notice how they put down smart people. Nothing we touch, wear, use, buy was created by people that weren't "smart". How many ditch diggers invented "microwave ovens"? Yet the right wants to put down those inventing "microwave ovens" and say it's the ditch diggers that have "common sense". Go figure.

In my experience the smarter someone claims to be the more miserable they are. Some of them don't know how miserable they are because they offload it to whoever is nearby, but it doesn't change that only an unhappy person would have so much bitterness to spread around.

Now to the bold point...

Please provide the link to where I put smart people down.

The rest of the quoted part is too funny. Nothing we touch, wear, use, buy was created by people that weren't "smart". Really? How smart is that old guy at the farmers market where I buy produce? How smart is that little girl in Malaysia that's making clothes? I just went out to check the mail, on the way I touched a tree! What smart person was responsible for creating that tree? You're making this far too easy.

While the old guy at the farmers market may not be that smart, he may be very happy, but smart are the scientists who genetically enhanced his seed to withstand pests and grow in temperatures too cold or too hot. Or the engineers who developed alloys used in the tractors they designed that plow through hard dirt so that farmer can farm. Or the chemists who designed the fertilizer that farmer uses to get the best possible yield. Or the meteorologist who does his weather or the....

The right just knows the farmer, they don't think about those other things.

Generally, I think older people are more happy because we've basically been there, done that, learned from mistakes and we're still kickin'! I also think as we get older we do become wiser and more free to be independent thinkers, able to sift out the fluff and/or garbage. Adults in their 20s, 30s and even 40s tend to go with the flow of whatever "crowd" they hang with. I know I did.

an "intellectual" liberal bookstore

2715946717_45b1e164c1.jpg

"Left Bank Books", a left wing book shop in Pike Place Market, Seattle

Your point? I guess the hue and cry of FREE SPEECH only applies when it's YOUR speech you want to protect, right?

You want right-wing reading material? Choose Christianbook.com or ConservativeBookClub.com. Then shut the fuck up.

and apparently most of the liberal "intellectuals" do as well. so looney "right" and "intellectual" left r both in the same boat it would seem.

Yeah, that's right.

Anyone who strays too far from the message and makes their ire known ends up on some list or the other.

Right or left politics, doesn't matter.

Anyone who is beginning to get that the game is gigantic fix is apt to be watched.

And both the far right AND the far left have at least gotten that much of the scam.

they may not know why the table wobbles, but they sure in hell know that we are NOT being told the WHOLE truth.

they dont "get" anything, they perpetuate bullshit.

From the stuff you write, it's easy to see that you are neither happy nor an intellectual.

She talks plain, all right. I prefer my president be smarter than me.

Palin has charisma. That makes for popularity and winning beauty contests. It doesn't make for good leadership necessarily. For every intellectual you name that you disagree with, there's another out there whose views you would share. Wanna get rid of them too? There's no reason why you can't disagree with someone while still appreciating intelligence and/or attempts at using actual thought to arrive at conclusions. Hostility toward intelligence is stunningly shortsighted.

Palin is not a "plain talker." Barney Frank is a "plain talker". Joe Biden is a "plain talker." Palin is a negative talker - all of her "clever" statements are based solely on negative quips or pushing negativity in some other way. She appeals to people's base emotions, not to intellect. Throughout history, base emotions have proven a pretty piss poor basis for running things.

AND... she is popular because she's hot with a cute ass. There's simply no other explanation as to why she polls as the number one presidential choice among Republican men (66% according to Rasmussen).

You prefer Alfred E Neuman??!! :tongue:

Bull.

Are you truly trying to claim that you are even dumber than President Obama?

Intellectual is another distraction. The irony of so many debates is the fact they are irrelevant to the real world. But they are critical to keeping most people asleep at the wheel of being. While corporations rape the planet and the employee, philistines argue over the meaning of a word made pejorative. Remember the latta drinking Volvo drivers who read books and looked French? Or the nattering nabobs of negativity - if you are older. Now tell me what that has to do with living a nice life, have a descent job, opportunity, healthcare, a social or religious network of friends and supporters? Nada but it keeps the wingnuts busy as Rome burns.

Don't get me wrong this is not a conspiracy to keep the dumb dumb, they do that of their own volition. The best slavery is one that is not seen as slavery but rather as freedom. The best slavery is one one argues for and fights for and supports through think tanks and blogs. Watch TV or news and then go back to reality and compare. For an interesting look into this issue see:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Burning-All-Illusions-Personal-Political/dp/0896085317/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1250874641&sr=1-3]Amazon.com: Burning All Illusions : A Guide to Personal and Political Freedom (9780896085312): David Edwards: Books[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Culture-Make-Believe-Derrick-Jensen/dp/1931498571/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1250874774&sr=1-8]Amazon.com: The Culture of Make Believe (9781931498579): Derrick Jensen: Books[/ame]

In a wee weed up sort of way

Bull.

Are you truly trying to claim that you are even dumber than President Obama?

Oh please. Translate for me her resignation speech. Reminded me of this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww]YouTube - Miss Teen USA 2007 - South Carolina answers a question[/ame]

How can anyone debate Sarah Palin's intelligence? There is nothing to debate!

Oh please. Translate for me her resignation speech. * * * *

Nice deflection.

ARE you saying that you are even POSSIBLY dumber than the sitting President?

Alleging Obama is somehow unintelligent is hyper-partisan bullshit. People don't get to that position if they're unintelligent.

Defending that moron's alleged intelligence is the hyper-partisan bull, Diarrhea.

That moron certainly got to that position DESPITE the fact that he's a complete mental midget.

Lol. Oh, I see, you're one of those. That explains a lot.

Obama is very bright. So was Rove. So was Cheney. Once again, intelligence is a different thing from you liking someone. You're letting emotion cloud your judgment.

Forum List

Back