No Intellectuals allowed!!!!

I'd rather be happy than smart.

And...

I'd rather be around happy people than smart people.

Now all of you terribly clever people can have some fun with that. Go ahead, knock yourselves out. :)

They say: "Ignorance is bliss" and I think there are a couple of studies out there supporting that meme.

I don't think it occured to them that some "smart" people ARE "happy". I would just be happy to be smart.

Notice how they put down smart people. Nothing we touch, wear, use, buy was created by people that weren't "smart". How many ditch diggers invented "microwave ovens"? Yet the right wants to put down those inventing "microwave ovens" and say it's the ditch diggers that have "common sense". Go figure.

In my experience the smarter someone claims to be the more miserable they are. Some of them don't know how miserable they are because they offload it to whoever is nearby, but it doesn't change that only an unhappy person would have so much bitterness to spread around.

Now to the bold point...

Please provide the link to where I put smart people down.

The rest of the quoted part is too funny. Nothing we touch, wear, use, buy was created by people that weren't "smart". Really? How smart is that old guy at the farmers market where I buy produce? How smart is that little girl in Malaysia that's making clothes? I just went out to check the mail, on the way I touched a tree! What smart person was responsible for creating that tree? You're making this far too easy.

I agree with the no-corolation theory. Same thing applies when you are talking about money too imho.

They actually did a loose study and found that very thing. I say "loose" because I think the "happiness" part was based on self-reporting. But essentially what they ended up concluding was that once the basics are met in terms of shelter, power, water, food, etc., and barring tragedy, there was no difference between the various income levels in terms of reported happiness. My grandma taught, through word and example, that overall happiness in life is something you choose. I think she's right.

They say: "Ignorance is bliss" and I think there are a couple of studies out there supporting that meme.

I don't think it occured to them that some "smart" people ARE "happy". I would just be happy to be smart.

Notice how they put down smart people. Nothing we touch, wear, use, buy was created by people that weren't "smart". How many ditch diggers invented "microwave ovens"? Yet the right wants to put down those inventing "microwave ovens" and say it's the ditch diggers that have "common sense". Go figure.

In my experience the smarter someone claims to be the more miserable they are. Some of them don't know how miserable they are because they offload it to whoever is nearby, but it doesn't change that only an unhappy person would have so much bitterness to spread around.

Now to the bold point...

The rest of the quoted part is too funny. Nothing we touch, wear, use, buy was created by people that weren't "smart". Really? How smart is that old guy at the farmers market where I buy produce? How smart is that little girl in Malaysia that's making clothes? I just went out to check the mail, on the way I touched a tree! What smart person was responsible for creating that tree? You're making this far too easy.

While the old guy at the farmers market may not be that smart, he may be very happy, but smart are the scientists who genetically enhanced his seed to withstand pests and grow in temperatures too cold or too hot. Or the engineers who developed alloys used in the tractors they designed that plow through hard dirt so that farmer can farm. Or the chemists who designed the fertilizer that farmer uses to get the best possible yield. Or the meteorologist who does his weather or the....

The right just knows the farmer, they don't think about those other things.

Now to the bold point...

While the old guy at the farmers market may not be that smart, he may be very happy, but smart are the scientists who genetically enhanced his seed to withstand pests and grow in temperatures too cold or too hot. Or the engineers who developed alloys used in the tractors they designed that plow through hard dirt so that farmer can farm. Or the chemists who designed the fertilizer that farmer uses to get the best possible yield. Or the meteorologist who does his weather or the....

Wow. What an ignorant and baseless claim.

In my experience, it is the "right" that tends to appreciate the entire interwoven network of people responsible for making a capitalist economy work.

Now to the bold point...

In my experience, it is the "right" that tends to appreciate the entire interwoven network of people responsible for making a capitalist economy work.

rdean is a product of liberal indoctrination

Laughable. Only 6% of scientists admit to being Republican. The right wants to replace science with "mysticism" in public schools. Especially, the last 10 years, the right mocks education.
Let me tell you something really funny. There are organizations in this country that are made up of gay and lesbian scientists. There are NONE made up of evangelical scientists (that's almost an "oxymoron"). That means that gay and lesbian scientists contribute more than evangelical scientists, which isn't hard, since there isn't any.

Hers another example of the goofball thinking of liberals.................

Remember the extreme importance of pushing the stimulus NOW to save and/ or create American jobs IMMEDIATELY???? Remember the angst..........the level of hysteria to "keep the unemployment rate below 8%...........we need to act NOW!!!"

Remember that crock of bs..............

Hmmm...........well, in New Hampshire, a whole 776 jobs have been created, AND 700 OF THEM ARE GOVERNMENT JOBS!!![/I]:
lol::lol::clap2::D:rofl::rofl::woohoo::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

W0W.....................WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWW

No elaboration needed s0ns!!!!!!

Last edited:

Now to the bold point...

Except the farmer doesn't need any of hose things. People have been farming since before any of that stuff.

And what about the child laborer? Or the tree outside? I, and I'm sure others, what to hear your clever reply to those. Of course, you could always retract your silly blanket statement, but I'm going to guess you don't do that sort of thing. :)

Now to the bold point...

Except the farmer doesn't need any of hose things. People have been farming since before any of that stuff.

And what about the child laborer? Or the tree outside? I, and I'm sure others, what to hear your clever reply to those. Of course, you could always retract your silly blanket statement, but I'm going to guess you don't do that sort of thing. :)

Child laborer?

Tree?

The farmer doesn't need those things? Only if he doesn't want to compete.

As Jim Watson likes to say: "if you are the smartest person in the room then you are in the wrong room."

It's the right who always point to the inventors, to the educated, and insist that there has to be something wrong with them. I guess it's to get over feelings of inadequacy?

Less than 6%.

Laughable. Only 6% of scientists admit to being Republican. The right wants to replace science with "mysticism" in public schools. Especially, the last 10 years, the right mocks education.
Let me tell you something really funny. There are organizations in this country that are made up of gay and lesbian scientists. There are NONE made up of evangelical scientists (that's almost an "oxymoron"). That means that gay and lesbian scientists contribute more than evangelical scientists, which isn't hard, since there isn't any.

see, a perfect example of the indoctrinated mind. nothing but mush. all your claims are false, nothing but fairly tales and lucky charms.

Last edited:
The Republican Party used to be THE party of the highbrows. Truly it was!

I agree editec. Bill Buckley was an icon. Now all of a sudden you have to be a hillbilly to be a Republican...........sheesh!!!

It's sad really.

I used to admire the Republicans when I was a kid.

I lived around a college, and so many of my friends parents were college professors. Nearly every one of them was a Republican.

The GOP was the party of Wm F. Buckley

Now?

Now the GOP is the party of people like Sarah (I can see russia from my house) Palin and George (they hate us for our freedoms) Bush II.

Bumper sticker politics, folks.

Small wonder that most threads on this board end up in the flame zone.

an "intellectual" liberal bookstore

2715946717_45b1e164c1.jpg

"Left Bank Books", a left wing book shop in Pike Place Market, Seattle

Yup,

A good example of the bumpersticker logic of the left, Fatality.

I quite agree with you for having contempt for the kind of people who buy into the crap in the above photos.

Those people are basically why I am no longer involved in left leaning and Democratic political organizations.

If you think YOU hate people as enemies, imagine what its like for somebody like me to have them as allies.

Yup,

I quite agree with you for having contempt for the kind of people who buy into the crap in the above photos.

Those people are basically why I am no longer involved in left leaning and Democratic political organizations.

If you think YOU hate people as enemies, imagine what its like for somebody like me to have them as allies.

do you really see them as your allies?

You can bet that right wingnuts have FBI files.

and apparently most of the liberal "intellectuals" do as well. so looney "right" and "intellectual" left r both in the same boat it would seem.

Yeah, that's right.

Anyone who strays too far from the message and makes their ire known ends up on some list or the other.

Right or left politics, doesn't matter.

Anyone who is beginning to get that the game is gigantic fix is apt to be watched.

And both the far right AND the far left have at least gotten that much of the scam.

they may not know why the table wobbles, but they sure in hell know that we are NOT being told the WHOLE truth.

Yup,

In many cases we were working toward the same policy ends, so yes, they were my allies in those projects.

One of the things that one realizes when one is truly involved in political games is that nobody is a permanent friend or enemy.

Things are too fluid and people too complex to fit them into permanent pigeon holes.

I have worked with very conservative Republicans and very liberal Democrats on the same issues.

Now in most cases these people are diametrically in opposition, but on some issues they find themselves on the same side.

This really is the nature of politics.

That simplistic us good them bad mentality bears no relationship to real political day-to-day politics.

You can bet that right wingnuts have FBI files.

and apparently most of the liberal "intellectuals" do as well. so looney "right" and "intellectual" left r both in the same boat it would seem.

Yeah, that's right.

Anyone who strays too far from the message and makes their ire known ends up on some list or the other.

Right or left politics, doesn't matter.

Anyone who is beginning to get that the game is gigantic fix is apt to be watched.

And both the far right AND the far left have at least gotten that much of the scam.

they may not know why the table wobbles, but they sure in hell know that we are NOT being told the WHOLE truth.

they dont "get" anything, they perpetuate bullshit.

Yup,

In many cases we were working toward the same policy ends, so yes, they were my allies in those projects.

One of the things that one realizes when one is truly involved in political games is that nobody is a permanent friend or enemy.

Things are too fluid and people too complex to fit them into permanent pigeon holes.

I have worked with very conservative Republicans and very liberal Democrats on the same issues.

Now in most cases these people are diametrically in opposition, but on some issues they find themselves on the same side.

This really is the nature of politics.

That simplistic us good them bad mentality bears no relationship to real political day-to-day politics.

pity, when good compromises with evil good always loses.

Forum List

Back