No government required

The left hates this undeniable reality - but here is yet another example that the government is not needed for anything outside of the 18 specific enumerated powers the states delegate to them.
In July, Microsoft announced a “Rural Airband Initiative” to invest in partnerships with telecommunications companies to bring broadband connectivity to 2 million more people in rural America by 2022.
Business will always build the infrastructure necessary (and more efficiently and at a lower cost) because it will ultimately end in more sales or lower cost for them.

Microsoft’s Plan to Expand Broadband Would Benefit Rural Americans

I remember the trial in the 90's that Microsoft was trying to push out competition in the internet as well as software.

The (R)'s wanted to break up Microsoft for being to big. The (D's) said NO!
I remember that as well - but I didn’t realize the (R)’s we’re driving it and the (D)’s were trying to block it. I wasn’t paying that close attention to the issue back then.

The left hates this undeniable reality - but here is yet another example that the government is not needed for anything outside of the 18 specific enumerated powers the states delegate to them.
In July, Microsoft announced a “Rural Airband Initiative” to invest in partnerships with telecommunications companies to bring broadband connectivity to 2 million more people in rural America by 2022.
Business will always build the infrastructure necessary (and more efficiently and at a lower cost) because it will ultimately end in more sales or lower cost for them.

I remember the trial in the 90's that Microsoft was trying to push out competition in the internet as well as software.

The (R)'s wanted to break up Microsoft for being to big. The (D's) said NO!
I remember that as well - but I didn’t realize the (R)’s we’re driving it and the (D)’s were trying to block it. I wasn’t paying that close attention to the issue back then.
So Bill Clinton, Janet Reno, David Boies and Eric Holder were Republicans back then?! Well that’s interesting. Please explain how that happened Kosh! Haha

18 powers?
I can count 3:

1. mucking up the judicial branch
2. mucking up the legislative branch
3. mucking up the executive branch

Multiplied by 3 more levels of
1. local
2. state
3. federal

so that makes 9.

I guess if you multiply those 9 times 2,
for both major parties skewing and screwing up govt
by inserting their agenda, then you get 18!

Am I close?

general welfare.... gives broad latitude

commerce clause... gives broad latitude

the only ones mucking up the judicial branch are theocrats.

Wrong and wrong. The general welfare refers only to the enumerated power, and the commerce clause gives authority to regulate things like tariffs between states. It doesn't give authority to regulate private businesses.

18 powers?
I can count 3:

1. local
2. state
3. federal

so that makes 9.

Am I close?

Wrong and wrong. The general welfare refers only to the enumerated power, and the commerce clause gives authority to regulate things like tariffs between states. It doesn't give authority to regulate private businesses.
So would that mean business licenses are illegal? What about patents?

18 powers?
I can count 3:

1. local
2. state
3. federal

so that makes 9.

Am I close?

No. :cuckoo:

18 powers?
I can count 3:

1. local
2. state
3. federal

so that makes 9.

Am I close?

So would that mean business licenses are illegal? What about patents?
Business licenses are state issued, not federally issued. They are a scam, but unfortunately they are legal. Patents are explicitly mentioned in the Constitution.

18 powers?
I can count 3:

1. local
2. state
3. federal

so that makes 9.

Am I close?

No. :cuckoo:
The dingbat faux lawyer gives us her worthless two bits.

Yeah, just like Somalia has super fucking fast broadband. They don't have much in the way of government.

Yeah, just like Somalia has super fucking fast broadband. They don't have much in the way of government.
That’s because they have a bunch of left-wing maniacs pointing guns at the head of people. You know, basically what you want here in the U.S.

Ever heard of GPS? Hate to tell you, but it was developed by the government, and the government is also the ones that put in the infrastructure for it to be useful.

Incidentally, there was talk about not allowing civilians to use GPS, but then they changed their mind and released it to civilian companies.

Sorry.............but there are several examples where the government has developed things well ahead of civilian businesses.

Another one of them is the computer.
Without the private sector the fucked up federal government would have no money… So shut the fuck up

Ever heard of GPS? Hate to tell you, but it was developed by the government, and the government is also the ones that put in the infrastructure for it to be useful.
Without the private sector the fucked up federal government would have no money… So shut the fuck up
792E0C45-E2CA-48F0-95B2-C7C48AE1A789.jpeg

Rice University officials announced Tuesday they will provide full tuition scholarships to undergraduate domestic students from low- and middle-income backgrounds starting in the fall of 2019. The new financial plan, The Rice Investment, will allow full-tuition scholarships and grants to be offered to undergraduate students whose family incomes fall between $65,000 and $130,000 a year.
Government didn't need to place a gun to their head. They did it of their own free will. Proving once again that the private sector does everything exponentially better than failed left-wing government.

Rice University announces free tuition for middle income undergraduate students

Rice University officials announced Tuesday they will provide full tuition scholarships to undergraduate domestic students from low- and middle-income backgrounds starting in the fall of 2019. The new financial plan, The Rice Investment, will allow full-tuition scholarships and grants to be offered to undergraduate students whose family incomes fall between $65,000 and $130,000 a year.
Government didn't need to place a gun to their head. They did it of their own free will. Proving once again that the private sector does everything exponentially better than failed left-wing government.

A drop in the bucket as up against the ridiculous costs of college and Bank loans that Republicans have caused the last 50 years. Thanks Ronnie Ray Gun Etc. Tax the rich their fair share again and invest in America and Americans again.

Thank you P@triot
It should be noted and credited that when USAA testified before Congress, prior to ACA,
the company's record of service was found to be already meeting or beating the standards sought.
ie "If all companies operated as USAA, there wouldn't be a need for further legislation or regulation"

Sadly, although USAA reps were part of negotiations with Congress on terms of insurance laws,
the company has gone down since the regulations were passed. Apparently not only were they
adversely affected but other insurance companies as well.

I'd say similar has been reported with Trump's tariffs, where the changes needed to be put in place
first BEFORE changing the laws or else the costs rise and people cannot afford to meet the new regulations.
Trump's tariffs have caused negative effects not intended, similar to complaints about ACA pushed by Obama.

A drop in the bucket as up against the ridiculous costs of college and Bank loans that Republicans have caused the last 50 years. Thanks Ronnie Ray Gun Etc. Tax the rich their fair share again and invest in America and Americans again.
No it's the "everyone has to go to college" bullshit that has driven up the costs

No it's the "everyone has to go to college" bullshit that has driven up the costs
Public universities used to be basically free a lot of places, started to change when Ronnie ray gun started messing with California colleges. The GOP doesn't like smart people, they prefer silly dupes like you... They also love giving Banks the student loans which also drives up costs a lot.

Public universities used to be basically free a lot of places, started to change when Ronnie ray gun started messing with California colleges. The GOP doesn't like smart people, they prefer silly dupes like you... They also love giving Banks the student loans which also drives up costs a lot.
Your belief that a college diploma makes you smart is hilarious.

No it makes me well-educated. Much better than being misinformed and duped. The point is, to make money in a Global world, the Workforce has to be trained like they do in smart countries like Germany and basically all the other developed countries. Your greedy idiot Mega Rich GOP brainwashers are going to turn us into a Banana Republic, all selling hamburgers and insurance to each other.

I don't doubt you are smart, but you are brainwashed and totally misinformed. Your propaganda machine is a total disgrace, and it seems to be a secret on corporate media. Democratic candidates should do more too with fact-checking and mentioning that our law enforcement is not a conspiracy. See all your phony scandals just just ridiculous.

No it makes me well-educated. Much better than being misinformed and duped. The point is, to make money in a Global world, the Workforce has to be trained like they do in smart countries like Germany and basically all the other developed countries. Your greedy idiot Mega Rich GOP brainwashers are going to turn us into a Banana Republic, all selling hamburgers and insurance to each other.
It makes you brainwashed. A degree in women's studies benefits no one, especially the person who receives it.

Forum List

Back