No frivolous gun control laws would have stopped this...

On Memorial Day lets remember the Liberty that our veterans fought to preserve.

I never said they didn't. I don't go to church myself. But the point is we are less religious today than years ago. That was the only point I was making.

Oh, I'm sorry, were you making a point. I thought you were sputtering to make any excuse for mass shootings than the fact shooters can get guns.

They could always get guns. But you are ignoring that it can't be the guns that are causing the problem. Other things have changed in this country that are more responsible for school and mass shootings. I happen to think that it's the belief in God since less and less people share that belief including you.

So let's say for example our leaders made it legal to kill anybody you want for one day only. No arrest, no trial and no prison. What do you suppose would happen on that day?

That's the way Godless people feel. No punishment, no bad place that you will be sent to, no retaliation. You could murder with impunity. That's what I'm talking about.

They could always get guns. But you are ignoring that it can't be the guns that are causing the problem. Other things have changed in this country that are more responsible for school and mass shootings. I happen to think that it's the belief in God since less and less people share that belief including you.

Well, this is why you have the challenging job of driving a truck in a straight line... this thinking thing is hard for you.

Bullshit. If "Godlessness" was the cause, Europe would have MORE mass shootings than we do, not less.

So let's say for example our leaders made it legal to kill anybody you want for one day only. No arrest, no trial and no prison. What do you suppose would happen on that day?

That's the way Godless people feel. No punishment, no bad place that you will be sent to, no retaliation. You could murder with impunity. That's what I'm talking about.

Well, I'd probably have a few ex-bosses who would be in trouble if we had "The Purge" in real life. But the fact is, we have laws.

Funny how that "logic" is only applied to guns.
Funny how you think guns kill people on their own... that’s your logic
No. What's funny is your utter lack of imagination.

Any problem created by man can be solved by man. Right up until the money from the NRA is factored in. And then man becomes the problem.

You leftists are like a puppet on a string. The Democrat party created this phony boogie man and you people buy it hook, line and sinker. The truth of the matter is that we Republican constituents believe in the Constitution and in particular, gun rights. If the NRA closed up tomorrow, the party would not change it's position.
I doubt that. Without the money from the NRA and without the political scorecard they keep, Republicans would recognize the havoc of gun violence and respond responsibly.

How? By implementing commie regulations of the left? I asked this before, but I need to ask it again:

In the past, the left has complained about high capacity magazines, AR's, even all semi-automatic weapons. Now lets say the Republicans acted on that and made all AR's, semi-automatic weapons, and high capacity magazines illegal. Would you be satisfied with the results of this last school shooting? Would you say we did enough, because this kid didn't use an AR, high capacity magazines or a semi-automatic?

Of course not, you would be looking to ban something else; maybe revolvers next. And when the next mass murder takes place, ban another thing.

It's not going to stop because IT'S NOT THE GUNS THAT ARE THE PROBLEM, it's the people that are a problem. All gun bans could possibly do is stop a killer from using a particular gun, but that's not going to stop the killer.

It works in every other first world country in the world.

Any problem created by man can be solved by man. Right up until the money from the NRA is factored in. And then man becomes the problem.

You leftists are like a puppet on a string. The Democrat party created this phony boogie man and you people buy it hook, line and sinker. The truth of the matter is that we Republican constituents believe in the Constitution and in particular, gun rights. If the NRA closed up tomorrow, the party would not change it's position.
I doubt that. Without the money from the NRA and without the political scorecard they keep, Republicans would recognize the havoc of gun violence and respond responsibly.

How? By implementing commie regulations of the left? I asked this before, but I need to ask it again:

In the past, the left has complained about high capacity magazines, AR's, even all semi-automatic weapons. Now lets say the Republicans acted on that and made all AR's, semi-automatic weapons, and high capacity magazines illegal. Would you be satisfied with the results of this last school shooting? Would you say we did enough, because this kid didn't use an AR, high capacity magazines or a semi-automatic?

Of course not, you would be looking to ban something else; maybe revolvers next. And when the next mass murder takes place, ban another thing.

It's not going to stop because IT'S NOT THE GUNS THAT ARE THE PROBLEM, it's the people that are a problem. All gun bans could possibly do is stop a killer from using a particular gun, but that's not going to stop the killer.

You mean where they are still shooting each other and running people over in trucks?

Well, this is why you have the challenging job of driving a truck in a straight line... this thinking thing is hard for you.

Oh, like it takes so much thinking to write resumes; something any idiot can learn to do from Youtube?

Bullshit. If "Godlessness" was the cause, Europe would have MORE mass shootings than we do, not less.

Good point:

London's murder rate surpasses New York's for 1st time ever

Well, I'd probably have a few ex-bosses who would be in trouble if we had "The Purge" in real life. But the fact is, we have laws.

The fact is a lot of people might kill if there were no penalty. As we distance ourselves from God, look for more of this thing in the future guns or no guns.

You mean where they are still shooting each other and running people over in trucks?

They have maybe one mass shooting a year... we have them every fucking week.

It's like we can't wait for school to get out, and let these kids have a break.

Oh, like it takes so much thinking to write resumes; something any idiot can learn to do from Youtube?

Okay, frankly, if you don't actually want to get a better job, I would say totally go to YouTube. And then look for a job on Craig's List. Oh, wait, that's why you are STILL at the crappy job that doesn't pay health insurance when there aren't enough people in your field.

The fact is a lot of people might kill if there were no penalty. As we distance ourselves from God, look for more of this thing in the future guns or no guns.

But there is a penalty, that's the point. If someone becomes a mass shooter, he doesn't care about real penalties, much less imaginary ones....

God would have to exist for us to distance ourselves from him. This is simple linear geometry. The reason why we have mass shootings is because we've increased the number of guns in private hands by 1000% over the last 60 years.

Now. Germany. Much more "Godless" than we are. And they actually have fairly progressive gun laws. You can own a gun if you EARN THE PRIVILEGE. It isn't a right. And guess what. Last mass school shooting in Germany was 2009. Last one before that was 2002. Last one before that was 1983.

AMAZING. those Godless Germans actually have less school shootings in four decades than we've had in four months... How does that work?

Good point:

That you have to cherry pick cities to make your point? Okay, let's compare... St.Louis to Paris. Or Cleveland to Brussels... Oh, wait, no, you don't want to do that.

But this was about mass shootings, not the murder rate.

Na, other country’s have no right to bare arms and no freedom of speech....

They have maybe one mass shooting a year... we have them every fucking week.

It's like we can't wait for school to get out, and let these kids have a break.

Every week? :21: Only in the mind of a liberal.

A kids chances of getting killed in school are about as likely as hitting the lottery.

Okay, frankly, if you don't actually want to get a better job, I would say totally go to YouTube. And then look for a job on Craig's List. Oh, wait, that's why you are STILL at the crappy job that doesn't pay health insurance when there aren't enough people in your field.

At least I have a job. I also had health insurance until Monkey Ears invaded the white house. But that's what happens when you vote for Communists to run the country; they want to run businesses as well. Democrats are nothing but control freaks. They want to run everybody's lives. And in most cases as with DumBama, they ruin more lives than help.

But there is a penalty, that's the point. If someone becomes a mass shooter, he doesn't care about real penalties, much less imaginary ones....

God would have to exist for us to distance ourselves from him. This is simple linear geometry. The reason why we have mass shootings is because we've increased the number of guns in private hands by 1000% over the last 60 years.

Now. Germany. Much more "Godless" than we are. And they actually have fairly progressive gun laws. You can own a gun if you EARN THE PRIVILEGE. It isn't a right. And guess what. Last mass school shooting in Germany was 2009. Last one before that was 2002. Last one before that was 1983.

AMAZING. those Godless Germans actually have less school shootings in four decades than we've had in four months... How does that work?

Europe is more religious than us in the US. My father went to Poland several years back. He took a tour of their salt mines. They carved an alter out of salt so they had someplace to pray everyday instead of getting back up to ground and trying to find a church.

Many of these mass shooters commit suicide before getting arrested. Much like terrorists, they have no fear of God, but unlike terrorists, they don't believe in God. the only difference is terrorists believe that they are doing God's work.

The other thing that has changed over the years is that we shield our young from rejection. Liberal policies dictate that they don't keep score in sporting events, never fail a child in a subject; give them an E for Effort. Then the parents don't ever strike the child, they have timeout instead.

Then when a child finally has to face rejection, he or she is totally unprepared. They don't know how to handle it. In rage, they get a gun and kill a bunch of people.

The problem today is we are raising eggshells instead of young men.

That you have to cherry pick cities to make your point? Okay, let's compare... St.Louis to Paris. Or Cleveland to Brussels... Oh, wait, no, you don't want to do that.

But this was about mass shootings, not the murder rate.

This was about murder which can happen in a variety of ways. You can run people over, you can blow them up with explosives, you can poison them, just a number of ways.

But the link I posted puts to rest that getting rid of guns will get rid of murder. All getting rid of guns do is make the murderer find an alternate means.

Every week? Only in the mind of a liberal.

A kids chances of getting killed in school are about as likely as hitting the lottery.

I didn't limit my statement to school shootings,but never mind.

Oh, wait, here's a list of school shootings for 2018. Guess what, we are 21 weeks into the year and we've have 23 school shootings.

2018 school shootings: A list of incidents that resulted in casualties - CNN

Europe is more religious than us in the US. My father went to Poland several years back. He took a tour of their salt mines. They carved an alter out of salt so they had someplace to pray everyday instead of getting back up to ground and trying to find a church.

We're not talking about the backwards areas of Europe. We are talking about WESTERN EUROPE where all the cool people live.

Many of these mass shooters commit suicide before getting arrested. Much like terrorists, they have no fear of God, but unlike terrorists, they don't believe in God. the only difference is terrorists believe that they are doing God's work.

The one down in Texas was active in his Orthodox Church. No, the problem here isn't atheism. It's fucking guns.

The other thing that has changed over the years is that we shield our young from rejection. Liberal policies dictate that they don't keep score in sporting events, never fail a child in a subject; give them an E for Effort. Then the parents don't ever strike the child, they have timeout instead.

Yeah, um, dude, I suspect when you look into the home lives of these shooters, you are going to find none of them got participation trophies, and most of them had shitty abusive parents. The kind of liberal parents you whine about here wouldn't have a gun in the house to start with.

Again- it's the fucking guns.

Right, Uh-huh. And what branch of the military did you serve in? Oh, that's right, you didn't, but a lot of these young people you piss on did.

But the link I posted puts to rest that getting rid of guns will get rid of murder. All getting rid of guns do is make the murderer find an alternate means.

No, it just shows that if you turn your city into a police state, you MIGHT get the murder level down to a low enough rate match a peaceful European city.

Pop already addressed that point by bringing up we were always a country of guns.

But the problem is, we weren't. in 1950, there were less than 40 million privately owned guns,most of them hunting rifles. Today, we have 347 Million guns.

And like the Japanese, we had very violent shows on televisions that we as children watched. Yet none of us ever went out and killed a bunch of kids in school or anywhere else.

Um... no, not really. In the 1960's, Frankenstein was considered "Scary". Nothing compared to Freddy and Jason, who are pretty fucking graphic.

But our culture is different today. We used to be a country of God fearing people. We believed that you pay for your wrongdoings on this earth after you leave. Thanks to liberalism, many believe that once you die, the only place you go is into the ground, and all the suffering you caused is not your problem.

Uh, guy, we are just religious now as we were 50 years ago.

50 years ago?

These shootings are happening within the last 2 plus decades.

50 years ago?

And that's when the gun manufacturers started dropping tons of guns on the populace.

when they realized that nutty people were their best market, because they can't stop at just one.

While the number of households with guns in them declined, the number of guns out there increased.

Just like the alcohol industry realized that drunks were there best customers, the gun industry realized their best customers were insecure white males with anger issues....

Mass shootings aren't a bug, they're a design feature of that plan.

50 years ago?

And that's when the gun manufacturers started dropping tons of guns on the populace.

when they realized that nutty people were their best market, because they can't stop at just one.

While the number of households with guns in them declined, the number of guns out there increased.

Just like the alcohol industry realized that drunks were there best customers, the gun industry realized their best customers were insecure white males with anger issues....

But the Pharma companies didn’t realize the same?

Yes, putting kids on these, with brains that aren’t fully developed, that play violent video games, that see violence 24/7, that don’t react to rejection or discipline well, was a fantastic idea?

Every week? Only in the mind of a liberal.

Oh, wait, here's a list of school shootings for 2018. Guess what, we are 21 weeks into the year and we've have 23 school shootings.

We're not talking about the backwards areas of Europe. We are talking about WESTERN EUROPE where all the cool people live.

The one down in Texas was active in his Orthodox Church. No, the problem here isn't atheism. It's fucking guns.

Yeah, um, dude, I suspect when you look into the home lives of these shooters, you are going to find none of them got participation trophies, and most of them had shitty abusive parents. The kind of liberal parents you whine about here wouldn't have a gun in the house to start with.

Right, Uh-huh. And what branch of the military did you serve in? Oh, that's right, you didn't, but a lot of these young people you piss on did.

No, it just shows that if you turn your city into a police state, you MIGHT get the murder level down to a low enough rate match a peaceful European city.

Here is a bit of info on the EU police. When I was there, I was stopped by the German Police. They were extremely courteous. But all the while, I was looking down the barrel of an Uzi. They would have no qualms about blowing me away had I not done exactly what they directed. I guess you can be very nice from behind an automatic machine gun. And if they had blown me away, the only recourse for them would have been the paperwork. Their police force is much more militant than ours are but also extremely disciplined. Had I been blown away, it would have been a page 6 blurb and that would be the end of it. They explained that they were looking for someone else that was a fugitive that was driving a similar car as I was driving. There wasn't just one cop, there were about 8. When they ran my paperwork, they allowed me to continue. No apology.

Yes, putting kids on these, with brains that aren’t fully developed, that play violent video games, that see violence 24/7, that don’t react to rejection or discipline well, was a fantastic idea?

As long as you don't give them easy access to guns, they'll be fine.

Now, if you want to make an argument that some of these drugs are overprescribed, you'd have a point. When you go into the whole "Mass shootings are caused by Ritalin, Praise Lord Zenu!!!" Then you are getting a little nutty. Like maybe you need some of these drugs.

Here is a bit of info on the EU police. When I was there, I was stopped by the German Police. They were extremely courteous.

Anecdotes aren't evidence.

So let's look at numbers,shall we.

Since 1990, German police have shot and killed 269 people since 1990. That's less than 10 a year.

Police in Germany kill more than you think | DW | 14.05.2017

American Police shoot 900 people a YEAR! And while there have been some truly horrible cases, mostly involving people of color, most of those happen because people have easy access to guns in this country who shouldn't.

Now, if you want to make an argument that some of these drugs are overprescribed, you'd have a point. When you go into the whole "Mass shootings are caused by Ritalin, Praise Lord Zenu!!!" Then you are getting a little nutty. Like maybe you need some of these drugs.

Here is a bit of info on the EU police. When I was there, I was stopped by the German Police. They were extremely courteous.

Since 1990, German police have shot and killed 269 people since 1990. That's less than 10 a year.

American Police shoot 900 people a YEAR! And while there have been some truly horrible cases, mostly involving people of color, most of those happen because people have easy access to guns in this country who shouldn't.

What I was getting at is that a German Cop can shoot you and there aren't a whole lot or questions asked. That makes you react differently on the street. It's been like that for decades. If you know that your life depends on your cooperating in the first place your actions will be different than in the US. It's a completely different culture.

Dummy, I’ve posted links to these killings involving other weapons. Like the kid who stabbed a half dozen, killing two

On those drugs it doesn’t matter if they have guns or not.

So it’s ok that big Pharma profits from these killings, then gets even more customers when the public becomes depressed?

What a scam you folks are running.

What I was getting at is that a German Cop can shoot you and there aren't a whole lot or questions asked. That makes you react differently on the street. It's been like that for decades. If you know that your life depends on your cooperating in the first place your actions will be different than in the US. It's a completely different culture.

I'm sure if the German Cops were shooting 1200 people a year, there would be some questions asked.

Dummy, I’ve posted links to these killings involving other weapons. Like the kid who stabbed a half dozen, killing two

On those drugs it doesn’t matter if they have guns or not.

Well, yeah, it kind of does, if you can't kill more than two with a knife on a good day.

So it’s ok that big Pharma profits from these killings, then gets even more customers when the public becomes depressed?

I think you are confused here, buddy. That's the Gun Industries business model. Sell to the crazies and then make a profit when everyone else gets scared and wants a gun.

the Pharma industry is realizing that when 18% of the population suffers from some kind of mental illness, it's a matter of making sure that the right medicines are prescribed.

50 years ago?

Conspiracy time.jpeg

And that BS list has already been put to rest by what they consider a school shooting: drug deals outside of a school, shootings that took place while the school was long closed, a shooting in a school parking lot again, long after the school was closed for the day.

Oh, so liberals don't have guns? I'll have to remind the many liberals here of that when they debate having more regulations even though they too have guns.

You have no idea what the parents of these people were like. That's never been reported. In other words, you're making it all up as usual.

I'm not pissing on anybody. Bullying has been around as long as there have been kids. Today it's a national concern. If you whack your kid in a store, some goofball calls 1-800-LOCK-UP-DAD. We're to the point parents are afraid of their children so they don't discipline them any longer.

Oh, you mean like in your city of Chicago?

Forum List

Back