No demonstration before attack on US Consulate, source says

Discussion in 'Politics' started by WillowTree, Sep 17, 2012.

  1. WillowTree
    Offline

    WillowTree Diamond Member

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2008
    Messages:
    68,136
    Thanks Received:
    10,163
    Trophy Points:
    2,030
    Ratings:
    +14,684
    An intelligence source on the ground in Libya told Fox News that there was no demonstration outside the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi prior to last week's attack -- challenging the Obama administration's claims that the assault grew out of a "spontaneous" protest against an anti-Islam film.

    "There was no protest and the attacks were not spontaneous," the source said, adding the attack "was planned and had nothing to do with the movie."

    The source said the assault came with no warning at about 9:35 p.m. local time, and included fire from more than two locations. The assault included RPG's and mortar fire, the source said, and consisted of two waves.

    The account that the attack started suddenly backs up claims by a purported Libyan security guard who told McClatchy Newspapers late last week that the area was quiet before the attack.


    Read more: No demonstration before attack on US Consulate, source says | Fox News
     
  2. Vel
    Offline

    Vel Gold Member

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2008
    Messages:
    5,463
    Thanks Received:
    1,913
    Trophy Points:
    248
    Location:
    Tennessee
    Ratings:
    +1,914
    You know it wasn't spontaneous based simply on Sean Smith's post to his fellow online gamers saying that he saw one of the police protecting the consulate taking pictures and was concerned that he might die that night.
     
  3. WillowTree
    Offline

    WillowTree Diamond Member

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2008
    Messages:
    68,136
    Thanks Received:
    10,163
    Trophy Points:
    2,030
    Ratings:
    +14,684
    Really? You have a link for that?
     

Share This Page