No, but really, is there any help for the widow's son?

You don't know? There was not help when he was killed but it is a way of requesting help by one mason to another.

You have to be a mason to really understand. It is part of the initiation that is enacted in a ceremony. It refers to the phoenician builder of the temple.

The Widow's Son?

The one who sleeps and dreams in black and white?
Who lies in state below the checkered floors?
Who waits to rise to settle ancient scores
between the hosts of heavenly birthright?

I'm not a lodge member, but my pet theory is that the biological father of the original widow's son was Abel, while the original widow was Cain's twin sister.

It's important to bear in mind that Cain and his fraternal twin sister were not sired by Adam.

I'm not a lodge member, but my pet theory is that the biological father of the original widow's son was Abel, while the original widow was Cain's twin sister.

It's important to bear in mind that Cain and his fraternal twin sister were not sired by Adam.

Widow's son is from tyre

Your time line is way off

In your theory, who was cain's father? the holy ghost?

Widow's son is from tyre...

Not the original widow's son.

If memory serves, a certain version of the Masonic lore surrounding Hiram Abiff also defers to a far more ancient legend involving the biblical character Tubal Cain.

aris2chat said:
...In your theory, who was cain's father? the holy ghost?

Why, he was the original "son of Sam", of course. However, while Samael was not indigenous to Earth, by no means was he a "ghost", holy or otherwise. ;)

Widow's son is from tyre...

Not the original widow's son.

If memory serves, a certain version of the Masonic lore surrounding Hiram Abiff also defers to a far more ancient legend involving the biblical character Tubal Cain.

aris2chat said:
...In your theory, who was cain's father? the holy ghost?

Why, he was the original "son of Sam", of course. However, while Samael was not indigenous to Earth, by no means was he a "ghost", holy or otherwise. ;)

You are referring to the 'smith',metallurgy, the vulcan of the pagans. Masonry referenced the name for the learning of the password and hand shake. The story is mentioned by Josephus

Tubal was the son of Lamech

Last edited:
...Tubal was the son of Lamech

I don't dispute that.

According to the biblical tradition, Tubal Cain was of the 7th generation in the lineage of Cain. THAT's what I doubt. I believe that when Cain "knew his wife", she was already pregnant with his half-brother's child. Accordingly, Enoch was not the firstborn of Cain; he was the offspring of Abel and Cain's twin sister (who Cain took as his own wife after killing her first husband) and was therefore the original "widow's son". It's in his lineage that we find the judgment of God brought to life time and again throughout history, from the death of Cain at the misguided(?) hand of Lamech to Noah's flood (recalling that Noah was also descended from Enoch - yes, that Enoch - and was reportedly "perfect in his generations"), and so on. The "widow's son" denotes a bloodline - a bloodline of righteous vindication...and divine retribution.

Forum List

Back