No assault weapon was used

The ammo used in the AR was specially designed ammo to do maximum tissue damage.

That's just not true. A .223 round, standard in the AR platform, is the same round used in any firearm chambered for that caliber. There is nothing special about a .223, though it, like any bullet fired from a rifle, can do a lot of tissue damage, that's what a bullet is supposed to do.

Bottom line, the ammo used in an AR is the same ammo used in a bolt action or any other type of rifle or even handgun (yes, there are handguns chambered for what we normally think of as rifle calibers).

I am convienced that if he had rushed into the school with a knife and killed the same number and the assault rifle was in the back seat of the car we would still be hearing about nothing but the assault rifle.
I am convinced that as long as he left one assault weapon in his car, no matter how many assault weapons he used in the school some idiot will deny he ever used an assault weapon.

There is no difference between a so called "assault" rifle and any other semiautomatic rifle that a civilian can buy other than the cosmetics.

and their are pistol calibers used in rifles.
Such as the Hi Point 4595.
This weapon I think is on the assault weapons ban
MKS_4595TSRD__14383_zoom.jpg

Last edited:
Fitting that one is a Hi Point...because I do not see the POINT of it! A "rifle" (carbine?) that shoots a pistol round? WHY?!

Sorry, you lose!!!

I suggest you look up what an Assault Weapon is first, THEN come back and play.

I am convienced that if he had rushed into the school with a knife and killed the same number and the assault rifle was in the back seat of the car we would still be hearing about nothing but the assault rifle.
I am convinced that as long as he left one assault weapon in his car, no matter how many assault weapons he used in the school some idiot will deny he ever used an assault weapon.

There is no difference between a so called "assault" rifle and any other semiautomatic rifle that a civilian can buy other than the cosmetics.

Fitting that one is a Hi Point...because I do not see the POINT of it! A "rifle" (carbine?) that shoots a pistol round? WHY?!

One reason might be to eliminate the need for two different types of ammunition. I've read that was the idea behind the "tommy gun" used before and in WWII. It used the same .45 cal round used as the 1911 sidearm, allowing rounds to be used interchangeably.

One reason might be to eliminate the need for two different types of ammunition. I've read that was the idea behind the "tommy gun" used before and in WWII. It used the same .45 cal round used as the 1911 sidearm, allowing rounds to be used interchangeably.

Exactly, in my stock pile of weapons I have two firearms that use the same magazine and ammo. The JHP 45 and the 4595.

Sorry, you lose!!!

Well, according to Webster's, an assault weapon is: any of various automatic or semiautomatic firearms.

Not sure what point you're trying to make, but Skull Pilot's comment is accurate according to the dictionary definition. What is your point?

It is not an asault weapon by definition.

An assault rifle is a select-fire (either fully automatic or burst capable) rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine. It is not to be confused with assault weapons

Assault rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry, you lose!!!

Well, according to Webster's, an assault weapon is: any of various automatic or semiautomatic firearms.

Not sure what point you're trying to make, but Skull Pilot's comment is accurate according to the dictionary definition. What is your point?

An assault rifle is a select-fire (either fully automatic or burst capable) rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine. It is not to be confused with assault weapons

Sorry, you lose!!!

Wiki's definition differs from Webster's...okay. I still don't see your point.

Today's AR (Assault Rifles) usually have calibers ranging from 5.45mm to 7.62mm, magazine capacity of 20-30 or more rounds, selective full auto and single shot modes of fire, plus, in some models, 2 or 3 round burst mode

Modern Firearms - Assault Rifles

So no...it isn't an "assault weapon".

The point is that some are simply attempting to redefine what assault is by making the term a very braod category so that they can go after more types of weapons.

Wiki's definition differs from Webster's...okay. I still don't see your point.

Cost and effective firepower.

HK MP5s and UZIs fire a 9mm Beretta round.

A Thompson machine gun fired .45s the same as a 1911 pistol.

I used a silenced HK MP5 and it was a very effective weapon for taking down buildings in a hostage situation. It was like firing a BB gun. German Polizei use them all over Germany. Carry one of those and I'm sure it will scare away just about every nut-case.

hk_mp54.jpg

Today's AR (Assault Rifles) usually have calibers ranging from 5.45mm to 7.62mm, magazine capacity of 20-30 or more rounds, selective full auto and single shot modes of fire, plus, in some models, 2 or 3 round burst mode

Modern Firearms - Assault Rifles

So no...it isn't an "assault weapon".

Okay. Webster's dictionary disagrees, but okay.

Either way, what you're describing (burst/full auto capable) is what we give to our military boys. Civilians can own a full auto, but it is very expensive to do so.

I suspect what Skull was referring to is state and federal government's definition of an AR for purposes of gun control laws. In those definitions, it suggests a semi-auto only rifle with certain cosmetics is an assault rifle to be banned.

Is this just about boys refusing to give up their toys? If someone wants to kill animals they can use a bolt action, pump, muzzle loader, or bow. NO semi-automatics and NO handguns. Argue all you want about black helicopters but 20 kids are dead. Time to stop the madness.

Is this just about boys refusing to give up their toys? If someone wants to kill animals they can use a bolt action, pump, muzzle loader, or bow. NO semi-automatics and NO handguns. Argue all you want about black helicopters but 20 kids are dead. Time to stop the madness.

The old madness or the new madness?

Who's idea is it to make Police carry less fire-power than the criminal?

That's the old madness.

The new madness is to take guns away from everyone forgetting that this is a very large country with large borders and untold number of ways to smuggle them into said country.

Is this just about boys refusing to give up their toys?

No, it's about stopping folks like you from enacting laws that only serve to put law abiding citizens at a tactical disadvantage against the criminals and crazies that don't care about your regulations.

It would be like no one can own a car with over 150 horsepower because some idiots drive too fast. Ridiculous on it's face.

That, and a firearm isn't a toy.

If someone wants to kill animals they can use a bolt action, pump, muzzle loader, or bow. NO semi-automatics and NO handguns.

I've killed more deer with a handgun than I have with a rifle, but that's beside the point. A semi auto is the perfect hunting platform for wild hogs and many varmints, but that's also beside the point.

The point is, restricting law abiding citizens in their inalienable right to bear arms only serves to ensure the law breakers are better armed. That is insane.

Time to stop the madness.

Then by all means, tell us exactly how you would get crazy motherfuckers and criminal thugs to obey your laws and regulations?

The old madness or the new madness?

Who's idea is it to make Police carry less fire-power than the criminal?

That's the old madness.

The new madness is to take guns away from everyone forgetting that this is a very large country with large borders and untold number of ways to smuggle them into said country.

So legalize crack while we're at it.

Forum List

Back