NJ Governer Chris Christie tells it straight!!

I am a NJ Rep and a member of the NJEA. Awkward position to say the least. But boedicca - Ms. Rita Wilson does not make 88K. I checked it out on app.com. There is noi Rita Wilson working as a teacher in NJ as of last year. The story is bogus and she may have given a bogus name. I can't post the link but if you go to app.com data universe you can search teacher salaries. No such person. I will not post my salary but its less than 60K. 14 yrs and Ma plus 30.

The problem with the NJEA is they have been too wrapped up in tenure and seniority to really stand up for teachers as a whole. I have looked through th APP salaries to see what teachers in my sons school make.
The highest salary earners are always the older teachers with years in the system. We all know who the best teachers in the system are .....they are bunched in salary with teachers of similar tenure but not similar performance

The teachers Unions, that is really the problem. They push for 2 things and 2 things only, smaller classes and more pay.

Smaller class sizes do not improve performance. It only increases costs. Study after study proves that PARENTAL involvement and good teachers make the difference, not smaller class size. Here is a study from HARVARD that comes to that same conclusion. Latest study: Reducing class size doesn’t benefit student achievement | Get Schooled

More pay is great, if the teacher is good! I am all for merit pay for great teachers. They pay for themselves. But more pay for all teachers regardless of performance?? that is just plain stupid. Yet that is what the teachers Union pushes for year after year- smaller classes, more pay.
It is time for Comprehensive Education Reform.......

I am a NJ Rep and a member of the NJEA. Awkward position to say the least. But boedicca - Ms. Rita Wilson does not make 88K. I checked it out on app.com. There is noi Rita Wilson working as a teacher in NJ as of last year. The story is bogus and she may have given a bogus name. I can't post the link but if you go to app.com data universe you can search teacher salaries. No such person. I will not post my salary but its less than 60K. 14 yrs and Ma plus 30.

The problem with the NJEA is they have been too wrapped up in tenure and seniority to really stand up for teachers as a whole. I have looked through th APP salaries to see what teachers in my sons school make.
The highest salary earners are always the older teachers with years in the system. We all know who the best teachers in the system are .....they are bunched in salary with teachers of similar tenure but not similar performance

The teachers Unions, that is really the problem. They push for 2 things and 2 things only, smaller classes and more pay.

Smaller class sizes do not improve performance. It only increases costs. Study after study proves that PARENTAL involvement and good teachers make the difference, not smaller class size. Here is a study from HARVARD that comes to that same conclusion. Latest study: Reducing class size doesn’t benefit student achievement | Get Schooled

More pay is great, if the teacher is good! I am all for merit pay for great teachers. They pay for themselves. But more pay for all teachers regardless of performance?? that is just plain stupid. Yet that is what the teachers Union pushes for year after year- smaller classes, more pay.

And the first step is to do away with the Federal DOE.

Smaller class size means they need to hire more teachers

I'd like to see teachers paid for performance and demand. Pay Math and Science teachers more than you pay shop and phys-ed teachers

Also tenure does not protect teachers. It ties them to one district and preents them from offering their services to the highest bidder

The only problem is - the people of New Jersey aren't happy with him at all.

He's going to be a one-term governor - at least that's my prediction.

Maybe...maybe NOT. People across the nation are responding positively to Christie...You say they aren't happy? How so?

His polling has been around 35% to 45% approval.

Lower than Obama's.

Not much of a surprise. He's actually doing something.

The more I see of Christie, the more I like him. Did you catch the story about him vetoing the state budget **2 minutes** after it was passed? 2 minutes!!! That sends a message!!

Seriously, We need 49 more State Governors and 1 President exactly like him. We'd "take a bite" out of the fiscal crisis we are in. Christie 2012!!!

The only problem is - the people of New Jersey aren't happy with him at all.

He's going to be a one-term governor - at least that's my prediction.

BWAAAHHAAAAHAAA...

sounds like America and Obama....

I love this guy! First he eats this whining teachers lunch (yeah he's fat, we know) by applying common sense.....
YouTube - NJ Governor Chris Christie vs. NJ School Teacher Rita Wilson

Then he shreds this liberal crybaby like a head of lettuce.....(he likes to eat, we get it!!)
YouTube - Chris Christie Vs. Liberal Reporter

He's literally larger than life! (yeah he's fat, we know!) We need a whole bunch more conservatives that tell it like it is. I love this guy!!

He is going after the NJ State budget with a chainsaw, and he doesn’t care who complains about it. When he’s done, the only thing bloated in New Jersey government will be him ( yeah, he’s fat).

I liked that guy a lot. Its refreshing to have a politician who speaks directly.

I wonder if he'll last four years.

He will, but I doubt he will be re-elected. There are too many state workers who vote. The NJEA made a tremendous blunder by encouraging teachers not to take the pay freeze. Our district was not even allowed to vote on it. Had the union made that concession, compromise could be negotiated. Now public opinion for the NJEA has hit a new low, and teachers are being villified. That presents more problems for education than just large class sizes. I fear it will affects STUDENTS attitudes toward school and their teachers. I'm very concerned about the "big picture".

What people fail to understand (including the governor) is that there are so many expensive mandates and programs that schools cannot cut. The NJEA has initiated a law suit saying that the cuts will violate the right to a "thorough and efficient" education. And they may win.

If districts were given some leeway in course offerings (like private and charter schools) they could provide an affordable education. But there is no leeway. In fact I learned yesterday that my school could be in trouble because we don't offer "dance" which is a core curriculum standard. Oh brother.

He will, but I doubt he will be re-elected. There are too many state workers who vote. The NJEA made a tremendous blunder by encouraging teachers not to take the pay freeze. Our district was not even allowed to vote on it. Had the union made that concession, compromise could be negotiated. Now public opinion for the NJEA has hit a new low, and teachers are being villified. That presents more problems for education than just large class sizes. I fear it will affects STUDENTS attitudes toward school and their teachers. I'm very concerned about the "big picture".

What people fail to understand (including the governor) is that there are so many expensive mandates and programs that schools cannot cut. The NJEA has initiated a law suit saying that the cuts will violate the right to a "thorough and efficient" education. And they may win.

If districts were given some leeway in course offerings (like private and charter schools) they could provide an affordable education. But there is no leeway. In fact I learned yesterday that my school could be in trouble because we don't offer "dance" which is a core curriculum standard. Oh brother.

Another sore point with NJ taxpayers has been the free healthcare provided to teachers. With healthcare costs escallating, everyone is paying more out of pocket. The fact that teachers, who are being paid out of tax dollars do not have to contribute to their healthcare plan just irks taxpayers

That's a negotiated item. Many teachers have been paying toward their benefits. We do not, but are the lowest paid in the county. That's what our union members wanted. Too much misinformation out there.

My guess is that the 1.5 contribution will pass in August. Most of the teachers I know have accepted this. What I foresee is many older, higher paid teachers will retire over the summer. Could save a lot of money and open up a few jobs for those who have been laid off. Not a such bad thing.

Get rid of the mandates.

As for the government workers, get them off the government payroll ASAP. that way it saves money and in 4 years when they have created their own opportunities in the private sector they will be better off and won't be angry.

Yeah, he's a straight talker alright:

N.J. Gov. Christie reverses his senior prescription drug funding cuts

"LINDEN — Gov. Chris Christie this morning said he would reverse course on a contested plan to raise prices on prescription drugs for seniors in state health care programs, canceling a proposed $310 deductible and increased co-pays.

At an event in front of more than 100 seniors, Christie said he would send the Legislature a $55.5 million “budget fix” to restore the cuts to the Pharmaceutical Assistance for the Aged and Disabled and other senior programs in his proposed $29.3 billion budget for the fiscal year that begins in July."

Rolled by the greedy geezers, lololol.

And what does he defend it with?

"...Christie said the change was made possible by changes to Medicare Part D included under President Obama's health care overhaul, as well as by higher rebates from drug manufacturers to the state and increased use of generic drugs by seniors. He said those factors "allow us to restore the program in its entirety."

N.J. Gov. Christie reverses his senior prescription drug funding cuts | - NJ.com

lol

It won't happen. A free public education is guaranteed by the States' constitutions.

There are many good ideas out there on how to bring costs down and quality up. But no such proposals can go forward without cooperation and compromise. But being somewhat of a cynic, I don't think the politicos or the NJEA give a rats ass about education. Its all about da money.

That's a negotiated item. Many teachers have been paying toward their benefits. We do not, but are the lowest paid in the county. That's what our union members wanted. Too much misinformation out there.

My guess is that the 1.5 contribution will pass in August. Most of the teachers I know have accepted this. What I foresee is many older, higher paid teachers will retire over the summer. Could save a lot of money and open up a few jobs for those who have been laid off. Not a such bad thing.

My district offered its older teachers early retirement so that they could be replaced with young teachers at half the pay.

Christie is a phony and a scum bag. Any Governor in America today that calls for shared sacrifice in these economic times is taking a responsible position...

But Christie, who ran as an 'education' Governor, not only cut funding for education, he gave millionaires a free PASS on sharing that sacrifice by cutting taxes for the wealthiest residents. Those lost revenues should be used for the people that are the least able to survive the recession. That lost revenue should be used to restore property-tax rebates to seniors and disabled residents.

What Christie is providing voters is a peek into how right wing 'conservatives' will govern...

Death panels is too mild a term...

:rolleyes:

...hint for stoooopid republicrat fuck chris christie cheerleaders:..chris christie, like you, is frequently working his french fry chute about illion$ of 'dollars' despite the fact that you stoooooooopid republicrat fucks don't even honestly understand the origin, nature, etc. of even one 'dollar'.. ;)

I hope this guy hasn't eaten any small children because I think he is GREAT!

This is guy I've been looking for. No nonsense no bullshit.

I hope this guy hasn't eaten any small children because I think he is GREAT!

This is guy I've been looking for. No nonsense no bullshit.

Translation...any despot will do

don't try to change the meaning of my post

I want someone who will tell whining liberals to shut the fuck up.

Are you a whining liberal? Cuz I'm aiming him at you

Forum List

Back