Nikki Haley for VP?

They can fly whatever flag they want to at their protests, it's their right. Because I don't piss and moan about doesn't mean I agree with it. It just means that I understand their Constitutional right to do so. Personally, I think it's ignorant. If they raise one over the Capitol or the White House, then we have a problem.

The Confederate Battle flag was never an official state flag of South Carolina. The Palmetto Flag with the crescent and blue background has been South Carolina’s flag since Jan. 28, 1861, five weeks after the state seceded. It's is more a symbol of the Confederacy than any other flag. Since the Confederacy hadn’t formed yet, the South Carolina secessionists who adopted it were technically establishing a national flag for the Confederate states. The Palmetto Flag was the first flag to ever replace an American flag. Taking all that into account, I'd have a problem if they wanted to replace it, I happen to like it. Luckily, I don't get the impression that the people who opposed the Battle Flag really understand their flag history.

I get that this issue is important to you, I can respect that. Like I said, I agree with Haley's decision to remove the flag but at the same time I'd be nonplussed had it remained.
This issue isn't important to me.
YOU seem to think it's important.

I'm simply taking the opportunity to point out your blatant hypocrisy.

Forum List

Back