Nice throw, Peyton.

My mood has improved drastically.
Never expected to see that in that spot nin teh game.

Still, it seemed to me the Saints played betetr from the 2nd quater on.

I did ... it was Manning's trademark back in the day.

Agree that the Saints played better. Payton has balls calling that onside kick to start the second half.

• Banned
My mood has improved drastically.
Never expected to see that in that spot nin teh game.

Still, it seemed to me the Saints played betetr from the 2nd quater on.

I did ... it was Manning's trademark back in the day.

Agree that the Saints played better. Payton has balls calling that onside kick to start the second half.

If Ty Law hadn't gotten hurt, Manning still would have no rings.

The saints winning does have a bright side for me that many of you wouldn't know about.

About a decade ago, Sean payton was the Giants offensive co-ordinator, and was used as a scape goat By Jim Fassel, biggest dickhead in Giants coaching history. He blamed Sean for bad play calling and tried to ruin the guy.

sean went to Dallas where Parcells, a former great giants coach made him his top assistant, and now Sean owns a superbowl ring.

Ol Fassel?

I hear he's in the CFL presumably doing groundskeeping.

The saints winning does have a bright side for me that many of you wouldn't know about.

About a decade ago, Sean payton was the Giants offensive co-ordinator, and was used as a scape goat By Jim Fassel, biggest dickhead in Giants coaching history. He blamed Sean for bad play calling and tried to ruin the guy.

sean went to Dallas where Parcells, a former great giants coach made him his top assistant, and now Sean owns a superbowl ring.

Ol Fassel?

bigger dickhead than ray handley?

Ol Fassel?

bigger dickhead than ray handley?

By far, Ray only lasted two seasons, Fassel hung on for nearly a decade of really bad coaching.

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have now both played in 18 postseason games.

Brady is 14-4
Manning is 9-9

True story. :thup:

If Ty Law hadn't gotten hurt, Manning still would have no rings.

That could very well be true, but as they say, injuries are part of the game.

I'm sure there are a lot of Colts fans that are thinking that if Dwight Freeney didn't get hurt, Manning would have two rings and they'd be going to a parade today.

Brady is 14-4
Manning is 9-9

I heard a good analogy this morning. Peyton Manning is to football as to what the Atlanta Braves were to baseball in the 90's. :lol:

Brady is 14-4
Manning is 9-9

I heard a good analogy this morning. Peyton Manning is to football as to what the Atlanta Braves were to baseball in the 90's. :lol:

I think it's the Colts are the Braves of the 90's. It's true, too. 9-9 in the playoffs. By contrast, the Patriots are 14-4. Also, Peyton has 19 interceptions in 18 playoff games, while Brady has only 15 in his 18 games.

My brother tried to convince me that the Colts had won more games in the past 10 seasons than any other team in the league, but I think he was forgetting playoff games. Including the postseason, the Patriots have a 2 game edge over the Colts. And you also have to remember that Brady was not the starting QB for the Patriots in 2000, where they went 5-11. He was also out for their first 3 losses in 2001, and for all of their losses in 2008. That's 18 losses that Tom Brady had nothing to do with, so I'd say the Patriots are clearly the dominant team over the past decade.

To put it more accurately, Brady has won 76% of his games as a starter, while Peyton has won 68%.

To put it more accurately, Brady has won 76% of his games as a starter, while Peyton has won 68%.

That and the rings are what the QB argument should look at most. Statistics are nice, but easily inflated. Especially when you have a team like the Colts that never run.

That and the rings are what the QB argument should look at most. Statistics are nice, but easily inflated. Especially when you have a team like the Colts that never run.

I don't know. People tend to downgrade Marino because he didn't win a ring, but Miami's defense was always ranked 25th or lower. course if we're talking about Manning, I'll agree with you. :lol:

Forum List

Back