NHL 2012 Playoffs Thread

If the Kings win game 4, they'll be only the second team to win the Cup in 18 games since they went to 4 7-game series. The 88 Oilers are the only team to have done it.

Quick is great, the scoring is opportunistic, the PK is smothering....this run really has been one of those 'year of destiny' kind of things. It's been an amazing playoffs, and barring a miracle comeback by the Devils, one of the best playoff runs I've ever seen.

If the Kings win game 4, they'll be only the second team to win the Cup in 18 games since they went to 4 7-game series. The 88 Oilers are the only team to have done it.

Quick is great, the scoring is opportunistic, the PK is smothering....this run really has been one of those 'year of destiny' kind of things. It's been an amazing playoffs, and barring a miracle comeback by the Devils, one of the best playoff runs I've ever seen.

It has been an amazing run and the games have been very exciting to watch. LA has never been a hockey town, but they are now! I don't see any way that New Jersey can stop the momentum the Kings have. I would love to see them win it all tonight at home...

I'm actually somewhat happy that this is going to game 5. I'd like to see the Kings win in NJ and break the record for road wins in a playoffs, and do it by winning every road game they play. I just enjoy seeing teams setting new standards for excellence, as long as they aren't breaking any records set by MY teams! :lol:

The Devils finally got some breaks in game 4. A couple of posts, Brodeur almost but not quite scoring on himself by shooting the puck into a King in front of the net, they were able to keep it scoreless for a long time. Then, finally, Quick looked merely mortal. He still played a very good game, but the 2 he gave up equaled the total from the first 3 games! :)

We'll see if the Devils can get some momentum from this win. They showed a stat during the game about the Cup Finals : in series in which one team led 3-0, 20 times it ended in a sweep, 3 times in game 5, 1 team won in 7, and 1 team lost the series after going up 3-0. So the odds are still in favor of the Kings, and in favor of them winning on Saturday, but it's pretty up in the air.

I wanted to see the sweep. Ain't no guarantee the Kings will win to keep their perfect road record alive and a sweep to win their first championship after all of these years would have been really sweet. Also, 16-2 would've put them in the same breath with the 88 Oilers.

I wanted to see the sweep. Ain't no guarantee the Kings will win to keep their perfect road record alive and a sweep to win their first championship after all of these years would have been really sweet. Also, 16-2 would've put them in the same breath with the 88 Oilers.

That says more about the NHL today than it does of the Kings. This will go down as one of the most amazing playoff runs of all time. The Kings won't go down as one of the greatest teams of all time.

That says more about the NHL today than it does of the Kings. This will go down as one of the most amazing playoff runs of all time. The Kings won't go down as one of the greatest teams of all time.

True, it's almost surely just this year. It's much harder to put together a dynasty in sports these days.

The Kings might not win tomorrow, which would ruin their record 10 road wins streak. However, I'm not a Kings fan, so I prefer the possibility of them winning 11 in a row (and prefer just a little more hockey to watch!) to the sweep. I AM rooting for the Kings, I've just enjoyed watching them play when I've been able to this playoff year, but they aren't my team, so I'm not overly invested in it. :D

Really fast pace to start game 5. I wonder how long before a)someone scores and b)the game settles down?

Already 2 near breakaways for the Devils and a shot off the post for the Kings.

Well, the Devils finally got a power play goal! A mistake by Quick and Parise capitalizes.

The whole first period was pretty wide open, which isn't the way the series has gone or the way these two teams usually seem to play. I'm expecting a much more sedate second, especially considering the longer change.

Still hoping the Kings can pull this out and break the record for road wins by winning all 11 this year, but the first team to score has won every game so far.

I saw this coming. The Kings were settling for blue line shots and bad angled shots from the wings while the Devils were getting close shots and crashing the net. That first goal, I haven't seen a full replay yet but it looked like the type of cheapie the Kings have been giving up all playoffs though.

Well at least the Kings can win it in front of the home fans now.

I don't remember the last time I saw a team score more than 1 goal on a major. Brown got 2 on consecutive shots, and it's 2-0 LA. If this game follows the trend of the series, the Kings will win having scored the first goal.

And as I typed this, the Kings scored a third goal on the major with 8 seconds left. I think I see a fat lady clearing her throat....

Forum List

Back