NHL 2012 Playoffs Thread

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE9s_FaOFPM]Bobby Orr Goal Described By Don Cherry - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd1lfKxMYXE]Bobby Orr Tough - YouTube[/ame]

bobby orr played in far fewer games and had more fights (657 games with 47 fights) than howe, gretzky, and lemieux combined (4669 games with 39 fights).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv0-9Wi713o]Bobby Orr - YouTube[/ame]

I mean c'mon, its Bobby Orr! He is still the best.

And I'm rooting for LA, although I would be happy either way as neither team has a cup.

Last edited:
bobby orr played in far fewer games and had more fights (657 games with 47 fights) than howe, gretzky, and lemieux combined (4669 games with 39 fights).

When I posted that question, I was talking to my dad. I asked him if Nick was the best D of all time, because his numbers are amazing, and my dad said, "well, close to bobby orr" and then I told him I posted the question, and he said, "wait a minute, no, Bobby Orr was wa better", and then he went into how great Orr was. So he didn't mean to suggest Lindstrom was as good as Orr, but he said Lindstrom is one of the greatest. Definately Hall of Famer.

So my question is, as far as Defensive players, where does Nick line up? Number 2? 3? 10? I don't know. How great was he?

When I posted that question, I was talking to my dad. I asked him if Nick was the best D of all time, because his numbers are amazing, and my dad said, "well, close to bobby orr" and then I told him I posted the question, and he said, "wait a minute, no, Bobby Orr was wa better", and then he went into how great Orr was. So he didn't mean to suggest Lindstrom was as good as Orr, but he said Lindstrom is one of the greatest. Definately Hall of Famer.

So my question is, as far as Defensive players, where does Nick line up? Number 2? 3? 10? I don't know. How great was he?

I'd put him in the top 10 without concern.

Lidstrom was one of the best defenseman of his era but he couldn't hold a candle to Orr. Orr is in the discussion of the greatest hockey player of all time. Nobody says that about Lidstrom.

Lidstrom was one of the best defenseman of his era but he couldn't hold a candle to Orr. Orr is in the discussion of the greatest hockey player of all time. Nobody says that about Lidstrom.

I may be biased but I think Orr was the greatest ever, who else ever played both ends of the ice with such dominance?

I may be biased but I think Orr was the greatest ever, who else ever played both ends of the ice with such dominance?

Funny I asked this question and then the Detroit News did a comparison of Nick to Bobby. Bobby had Nick's numbers in half the time. But I'll say this. Nick's numbers are impressive. Its just that Orr's are super human.

The only one who might be as good or better was Gordy Howe. But I'm from Detroit so I'm bias.

So after the first period of game 2, the Kings are up 1-0. Sound familiar? :)

The Devils have been able to get some good extended pressure, but Quick was very impressive. Brodeur certainly didn't play badly, but he did let a stoppable shot in. A good shot, no doubt, not an easy save, but it was one player skating into the zone with the defense around him and no one else threatening on a pass. Still, he also made some very good saves in the period, he just wasn't as dominating as Quick, who in the first period looked like he's going to steal the game.

So, after game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals, the LA Kings have scored 42 goals in 14 games, or 3.00 goals per game. In contrast, Real Madrid scored 121 goals in 38, games or 3.18 goals per game to win the Spanish championship.

Further, during the regular season, the Kings scored 194 goals in 82 games, or 2.35 goals per game. If you include the playoffs with the regular season, the Kings have scored 2.45 goals per game, the same as Premier League champions Manchester City.

Assuming the Kings win, I never thought I'd see the day that the Stanley Cup champion would score less than the champion of major soccer leagues.

Last edited:
The Devils finally get one by Quick (first third period goal he's given up in 8 games) and we're headed to OT.

The Devils hit the crossbar with about 15 seconds left, that's got to be frustrating.

Another good, close game. Can the Kings win their 10th road game in the playoffs? It would tie the NHL record, and they'd have done it by winning 10 in a row, all 10 road games they've played!

Forum List

Back