NFL weighs penalty for Anti American Kneelers

NFL weighs 15-yard penalties for kneeling during national anthem: report

They shouldn't be allowed to stay in the locker room for the anthem. They are ALLOWED to live in this country that ALLOWS them to play a game and make MILLIONS the VERY LEAST they can do is stand for the damn National Anthem!

Oh fuck the fuck you and the jingoistic horse you rode in on.

The players weren't trotted out to be marionettes for a fucking fake patriotism display that has ZERO to do with the game they're actually there to play until less than a decade ago. They're fucking CITIZENS of this country, not "allowed" to live here. In closing, bite me.
They will show respect for the dead soldiers who fought and died for their freedom to play football for millions of dollars. Or they will find themselves back in the ghetto where they came from.

Nobody in the world "fought and died for their freedom to play football", klown. That shit don't sell.

But earning your way doesn't entitle you to anything. You seem to keep thinking it does and I keep proving you wrong.

It's not spinning anything, if anything, you're spinning being good at something into entitlements.

Never said anything about entitlement. YOU did. I simply said that I disagree about the players being allowed to play in the NFL, because I personally think that they earned it. And, I also said that in order to stay after earning their place on the team, they must follow the team rules and those specified in their contract. When people say that NFL players are "allowed" to play, it cheapens their accomplishment, because in order to play, they had to work their ass off. Being "allowed" to do something means that ANYONE can do it, and sorry, but most people would never be able to perform at that level.

And yes, you did say they are basically entitled. You said that because they are good and made it to the NFL, they have a right to play there. Those were your words, not mine.

They aren't really "allowed" to play in the NFL either. In order to be "allowed" to play for the NFL, they spend most of their growing up time practicing and getting to the top of their game. They aren't "allowed" to play, they EARNED their place in the NFL

If you EARNED your place, then you are entitled to play there. It's the same shit. You're playing with words.

They shouldn't be allowed to stay in the locker room for the anthem. They are ALLOWED to live in this country that ALLOWS them to play a game and make MILLIONS the VERY LEAST they can do is stand for the damn National Anthem!

The players weren't trotted out to be marionettes for a fucking fake patriotism display that has ZERO to do with the game they're actually there to play until less than a decade ago. They're fucking CITIZENS of this country, not "allowed" to live here. In closing, bite me.
They will show respect for the dead soldiers who fought and died for their freedom to play football for millions of dollars. Or they will find themselves back in the ghetto where they came from.

Sorry, but our soldiers and sailors didn't fight for their freedom to play football for millions of dollars. Those men and women died because they were defending this country, and the document that formed it, the US Constitution. And, in supporting and defending that document, that also means that we support and defend what is in it, one of those things being free speech and a right to peaceful protest. How do I know what they fought for? Because I spent 20 years in the Navy for the very same reasons. I might not like what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Why can't they watch it? Most NFL games are on broadcast networks so it's free. The only reason they couldn't watch it is because they don't own a TV.

Because the fucking national anthem is not part of a regular NFL game broadcast. That broadcast begins with the kickoff, which is also where the actual GAME begins, what a coincidence. By then the antherm has already run, during which time the TV network was milking more ad dollars with pregame hype.

Until this fake-story about Kaepernick came along most people didn't even know the NFL was running the national anthem at all.

And that's what I mean by hypocrisy --- a bunch of parrots wetting their pants, on cue, because Dear Leader cued them, about a fake-patriotism charade y'all didn't even know was going on in the first place. Now that's what I call hypocrisy.

Last edited:

Sorry, but our soldiers and sailors didn't fight for their freedom to play football for millions of dollars. Those men and women died because they were defending this country, and the document that formed it, the US Constitution. And, in supporting and defending that document, that also means that we support and defend what is in it, one of those things being free speech and a right to peaceful protest. How do I know what they fought for? Because I spent 20 years in the Navy for the very same reasons. I might not like what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Peaceful protest has nothing to do with when you're at work. NFL is a job. Just like you don't have a right to go out, on your employers dime, and protest out in the front yard. You can be terminated for that. You don't have rights at work, at least not THOSE rights. When employed, you have a separate set of rights.

And in certain times and places they were fighting fascism, which this mandatory-infusing-of-politics-into-public-events amounts to.

But earning your way doesn't entitle you to anything. You seem to keep thinking it does and I keep proving you wrong.

It's not spinning anything, if anything, you're spinning being good at something into entitlements.

Never said anything about entitlement. YOU did. I simply said that I disagree about the players being allowed to play in the NFL, because I personally think that they earned it. And, I also said that in order to stay after earning their place on the team, they must follow the team rules and those specified in their contract. When people say that NFL players are "allowed" to play, it cheapens their accomplishment, because in order to play, they had to work their ass off. Being "allowed" to do something means that ANYONE can do it, and sorry, but most people would never be able to perform at that level.

And yes, you did say they are basically entitled. You said that because they are good and made it to the NFL, they have a right to play there. Those were your words, not mine.

They aren't really "allowed" to play in the NFL either. In order to be "allowed" to play for the NFL, they spend most of their growing up time practicing and getting to the top of their game. They aren't "allowed" to play, they EARNED their place in the NFL

If you EARNED your place, then you are entitled to play there. It's the same shit. You're playing with words.

Yes, they EARNED their place in the NFL. In order to keep it, they have to follow the rules and what their contract specifies. I've said this repeatedly. And, for what it's worth, there are no regulations or contract stipulations that I am aware of for any player that requires them to stand for the anthem.

Right wingers are the biggest hypocrites in the world. BTW, I don't say the Pledge or stand for the National Anthem. But if I were to say the Pledge, it would be the one as originally written, not the goddamn "under God" one.

Yes, they EARNED their place in the NFL. In order to keep it, they have to follow the rules and what their contract specifies. I've said this repeatedly. And, for what it's worth, there are no regulations or contract stipulations that I am aware of for any player that requires them to stand for the anthem.

No there is not, and nor did I say there was. I said they COULD be made to stand as a condition of employment.

Reading comprehension is a good thing. Try it some time.

Peaceful protest has nothing to do with when you're at work. NFL is a job. Just like you don't have a right to go out, on your employers dime, and protest out in the front yard. You can be terminated for that. You don't have rights at work, at least not THOSE rights. When employed, you have a separate set of rights.

Their employment doesn't start until the whistle for the start of the game. And, what regulation or contract part is it that requires them to stand? Hint.......there isn't one, just your own butthurt feelings about someone protesting something you disagree with. And, I'm one of those military types you say he is spitting in the face of. But, he's not. I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the USA, against all enemies, foreign and domestic. That also means I support free speech and peaceful protest, even if I don't agree with it. Why am I discussing this with you? Because I'm supporting the Constitutional part of free speech.

Just because it pisses you off doesn't mean it's illegal or a reason for firing.

No, their employment starts the moment they sign the contract. They are required to make practices, drills, etc.

Their employment is far more than just 4 quarters of football.

However, I was using that as an example of the absurdity of how much they get paid and how little they actually do.

The NFL is a private organization that has every right to restrict what its employees do, especially actions that threaten its profit.

In no other country can a person work 16 days a year for 3 and a half hours each of those days and get paid 100 million dollars.

And yes, they are ALLOWED to play in the NFL. Many people bust their ass much more than any NFL player to get hired on at a great company for a great job, and it's still at-will employment. The company can fire them at any time for any reason or no reason at all. Same with the NFL. They do have contracts, but there are many reasons they can be let go. They are voluntarily accepted to play in the NFL. They have no RIGHT to be in it. So yes, it is at-will employment.

Just ask Michael Vick.
They aren't working 16 days for 3 and a half hours each of those days. They practice. BTW, how many health company execs get multimillion dollar salaries by screwing Americans?

Speaking of at will employment, we need to get rid of it. I can't fire a goddamn phony Christian or I will be sued because I violate his religious rights, even if he or she is stealing MY time by reading the Bible at work. And then the phony Christian pharmacist who refuses to dispense the morning after pill will sue the employer to keep his or her job.

Face it--the NFL kneeling controversy is all about racism. Many of those who despise the black players taking a knee were the same goddamn ones who praised Tebow, the Jesus motormouthing NFL player.

Speaking of at will employment, we need to get rid of it. I can't fire a goddamn phony Christian or I will be sued because I violate his religious rights, even if he or she is stealing MY time by reading the Bible at work. And then the phony Christian pharmacist who refuses to dispense the morning after pill will sue the employer to keep his or her job.

100 percent FALSE.

Are you in an at-will state? If so, you can fire them for no reason at all. No reason needed. Just don't state the reason is them reading the bible. But they don't have a right to read the bible while employed at your company. So you could fire them for wasting company time. It doesn't matter what they are doing. If you hire them to do a job and they aren't doing it cut them loose. You're not paying them to read the bible.

Right wingers are the biggest hypocrites in the world. BTW, I don't say the Pledge or stand for the National Anthem. But if I were to say the Pledge, it would be the one as originally written, not the goddamn "under God" one.

That phrase "under god" was added by the exact same dynamic that injected politics into sports with the freaking national anthem --- mob mentality.

The same dynamic that cornered Earnest Starr in Montana and demanded he kiss the American flag. When Starr refused, *HE* --- not the mob -- was arrested and sentenced to hard labor in prison. For refusing mob mentality.

"Je suis Earnest Starr".

This thread is not about under god in the pledge. If you have an issue with that, make a thread about it. This is about the NFL.

People don't realize with at-will employment, you can be fired for your behavior AFTER work, or not at work. Look how many people are fired when bad photos of them getting drunk and such are found on social media by their bosses. It paints their business in a bad light and can cost them money. Anything that costs a company money WILL result in your termination unless you are deep throating your boss.

One guy at my company, off company time, was fired because he parked his truck in a strip-joint parking lot. It made the company look bad, and the wife of the owner drove by and saw it. He was immediately terminated. And he was off the clock, off duty, on his own time. But because he poorly represented the company by parking company equipment at a strip club, he was terminated. Another guy parked the crew car at a liquor store to buy some beer to take home with him. Again, someone saw it and reported him. HE was terminated.

Just because you're not at work does not mean you are not subject to the rules of your employer. So even if you want to say they're not at work until kickoff, they can still be terminated for not following the rules.

Last edited:
Sorry, but the penalty is bullshit.

I don't agree with the kneeling, but I do believe they have the right to take a knee. I realize that's not a popular opinion with some folks... I'd much prefer they state their grievances on their own time, but ultimately their time on the field is when they get the most attention...

If you don't like it, don't watch. Don't go to the stadium. There's always the NHL, MLB, NASCAR (shudder), MLS (double shudder)...
If I so choose to exercise my right to free speech on company time, my boss/company has the right to suspend or fire me, especially if what I say hurts the business.

What you say OR DO.

If you walk around, as an employee of Ranger boats with a shirt that says "Fuck ranger boats" and someone who works there takes a picture of you wearing it, you can be terminated for that. Even if you're on your weekend off the clock. Why? Because your boss doesn't need any reason to fire you so you can surely be fired for negatively advertising the company.

You're off the clock so you have a right to free speech, yes, so you wouldn't be ARRESTED for it, but you could certainly be TERMINATED for it.

This thread is not about under god in the pledge. If you have an issue with that, make a thread about it. This is about the NFL.

People don't realize with at-will employment, you can be fired for your behavior AFTER work, or not at work. Look how many people are fired when bad photos of them getting drunk and such are found on social media by their bosses. It paints their business in a bad light and can cost them money. Anything that costs a company money WILL result in your termination unless you are deep throating your boss.

One guy at my company, off company time, was fired because he parked his truck in a strip-joint parking lot. It made the company look bad, and the wife of the owner drove by and saw it. He was immediately terminated. And he was off the clock, off duty, on his own time. But because he poorly represented the company by parking company equipment at a strip club, he was terminated. Another guy parked the crew car at a liquor store to buy some beer to take home with him. Again, someone saw it and reported him. HE was terminated.

Just because you're not at work does not mean you are not subject to the rules of your employer. So even if you want to say they're not at work until kickoff, they can still be terminated for not following the rules.
A football player can be fired for using a racial slur on his own time. Same principle

It's the same thing --- fascism.

There are still a few of us left who oppose it. Like it or lump it.

These are examples of actions perceived as making the employer look bad. Doesn't work as any comparison here. The only entity that made NFL teams look bad is the teams (or collectively the NFL itself) for permitting a giant Jingo commercial to be trotted out on the field they're SUPPOSED to be playing football on.

Got that? A football game, not a fricking military march.

Forum List

Back