NFL weighs penalty for Anti American Kneelers

NFL weighs 15-yard penalties for kneeling during national anthem: report

They shouldn't be allowed to stay in the locker room for the anthem. They are ALLOWED to live in this country that ALLOWS them to play a game and make MILLIONS the VERY LEAST they can do is stand for the damn National Anthem!

Wise decision. It will also allow teams to cut players and suggest it has nothing to do with their free expression, but rather, the penalty yards which are hurting the team.

Of course, there is probably some ballsy RB or QB who will do it in defiance and then tell the team "I'm gonna make up for that 15 yards and then some!" Try to have a historic game and promote themselves as heroes to "the cause".

Ultimately though, I get the feeling the whole kneeling thing is running its course, really hurt the NFL as far as I can tell.

They shouldn't be allowed to stay in the locker room for the anthem. They are ALLOWED to live in this country that ALLOWS them to play a game and make MILLIONS the VERY LEAST they can do is stand for the damn National Anthem!

Oh fuck the fuck you and the jingoistic horse you rode in on.

The players weren't trotted out to be marionettes for a fucking fake patriotism display that has ZERO to do with the game they're actually there to play until less than a decade ago. They're fucking CITIZENS of this country, not "allowed" to live here. In closing, bite me.

Wise decision. It will also allow teams to cut players and suggest it has nothing to do with their free expression, but rather, the penalty yards which are hurting the team.

Of course, there is probably some ballsy RB or QB who will do it in defiance and then tell the team "I'm gonna make up for that 15 yards and then some!" Try to have a historic game and promote themselves as heroes to "the cause".

Ultimately though, I get the feeling the whole kneeling thing is running its course, really hurt the NFL as far as I can tell.

That's only happening in the tiny little minds of the children than hang here pushing fascistic shit like this. In the real world, trust me it's not an issue with anybody.

Most of the NFL players aren't "allowed" to live in this country, they are citizens who were born here.

They aren't really "allowed" to play in the NFL either. In order to be "allowed" to play for the NFL, they spend most of their growing up time practicing and getting to the top of their game. They aren't "allowed" to play, they EARNED their place in the NFL. If people were "allowed" to play in the NFL, then even someone like you would be able to play.

As far as the millions that they make? They are paid that because the team thinks they are worth the salary, because they feel that person will help them win games. They earn that as well.

In no other country can a person work 16 days a year for 3 and a half hours each of those days and get paid 100 million dollars.

And yes, they are ALLOWED to play in the NFL. Many people bust their ass much more than any NFL player to get hired on at a great company for a great job, and it's still at-will employment. The company can fire them at any time for any reason or no reason at all. Same with the NFL. They do have contracts, but there are many reasons they can be let go. They are voluntarily accepted to play in the NFL. They have no RIGHT to be in it. So yes, it is at-will employment.

Just ask Michael Vick.

Last edited:
In no other country can a person work 16 days a year for 3 and a half hours each of those days and get paid 100 million dollars.

And yes, they are ALLOWED to play in the NFL. Many people bust their ass much more than any NFL player to get hired on at a great company for a great job, and it's still at-will employment. The company can fire them at any time for any reason or no reason at all. Same with the NFL. They do have contracts, but there are many reasons they can be let go.

Just ask Michael Vick.

You guys keep trying to reduce this to "being allowed to play" like it's something anyone can do. Hate to tell you, but it's not. In order to get to even be considered by a team, you have to be one of the best players in your entire STATE. Look at the figures of how many people try out to play and how many people are "allowed" (chosen) to play.

And yeah, just like anyone else at the top of their game, be it a lawyer, mechanic, or some other profession, if you are one of the best that there is (NFL level status) you can charge just about whatever you feel like. Look at the fees of some of the top lawyers. Look at what some of the custom car builders who make some of the coolest stuff charge. They can get that kind of money because they are that good.

Are you going to tell me now that you are as athletic and good at football as Kaepernick?

And yes, they are ALLOWED to play in the NFL. Many people bust their ass much more than any NFL player to get hired on at a great company for a great job, and it's still at-will employment. The company can fire them at any time for any reason or no reason at all. Same with the NFL. They do have contracts, but there are many reasons they can be let go.

Just ask Michael Vick.

You guys keep trying to reduce this to "being allowed to play" like it's something anyone can do. Hate to tell you, but it's not. In order to get to even be considered by a team, you have to be one of the best players in your entire STATE. Look at the figures of how many people try out to play and how many people are "allowed" (chosen) to play.

And yeah, just like anyone else at the top of their game, be it a lawyer, mechanic, or some other profession, if you are one of the best that there is (NFL level status) you can charge just about whatever you feel like. Look at the fees of some of the top lawyers. Look at what some of the custom car builders who make some of the coolest stuff charge. They can get that kind of money because they are that good.

Are you going to tell me now that you are as athletic and good at football as Kaepernick?

This has nothing to do with me. This has something to do with you who basically stated that NFL players are not just ALLOWED to play, and I'm saying yea, they are. They can be let go at any time.

So are you saying they have a RIGHT to be in the NFL and paid millions and millions to run around with a piece of pigskin 16 nights a year?

And yes, they are ALLOWED to play in the NFL. Many people bust their ass much more than any NFL player to get hired on at a great company for a great job, and it's still at-will employment. The company can fire them at any time for any reason or no reason at all. Same with the NFL. They do have contracts, but there are many reasons they can be let go. They are voluntarily accepted to play in the NFL. They have no RIGHT to be in it. So yes, it is at-will employment.

Just ask Michael Vick.

By the way...................you are only counting game time as your measuring stick for how much they work. What about all the practice time? What about all the physical training they have to keep doing to stay in good enough shape to play? That also counts as "job time". There is also the team meetings and other public events that the players are REQUIRED to show up for.

All that counts as part of their job time as well.

Just ask Michael Vick.

This has nothing to do with me. This has something to do with you who basically stated that NFL players are not just ALLOWED to play, and I'm saying yea, they are. They can be let go at any time.

So are you saying they have a RIGHT to be in the NFL and paid millions and millions to run around with a piece of pigskin 16 nights a year?

That applies to just about any job. If you do something against company policy, they can fire you. But, in order to get that really great job at that really great company, you had to EARN your way to the job via your resume and education.

Sorry, but I don't really see it as being "allowed" to play. Granted, they can be fired for various reasons, but they still had to work their ass off to be chosen for the team.

Sorry, but the penalty is bullshit.

I don't agree with the kneeling, but I do believe they have the right to take a knee. I realize that's not a popular opinion with some folks... I'd much prefer they state their grievances on their own time, but ultimately their time on the field is when they get the most attention...

If you don't like it, don't watch. Don't go to the stadium. There's always the NHL, MLB, NASCAR (shudder), MLS (double shudder)...

Earning your way to the top does not change anything. You are STILL ALLOWED to play there. Earning your way up does not make it a right. Just like being a great lawyer does not absolve you from the ability to be disbarred for poor performance/behavior.

They can require the players to stand for the anthem as a condition of employment. Just as you or I have to abide by conditions of employment we don't like, that's no different. I have to wear PPE when I go to some shippers or receivers and I don't even work there. However, if they require it, in turn, my company requires me to wear it so it's a condition of employment. Refuse to wear it, be terminated for missing a load.

I'm subject to DOT inspection at any time, anywhere. If I don't like it, I can go get a desk job. But I can't just refuse to stop and say "I have right to keep going."

Earning your way to the top does not change anything. You are STILL ALLOWED to play there. Earning your way up does not make it a right. Just like being a great lawyer does not absolve you from the ability to be disbarred for poor performance/behavior.

They can require the players to stand for the anthem as a condition of employment. Just as you or I have to abide by conditions of employment we don't like, that's no different. I have to wear PPE when I go to some shippers or receivers and I don't even work there. However, if they require it, in turn, my company requires me to wear it so it's a condition of employment. Refuse to wear it, be terminated for missing a load.

I'm subject to DOT inspection at any time, anywhere. If I don't like it, I can go get a desk job. But I can't just refuse to stop and say "I have right to keep going."

But still, you had to be good enough to earn your way to be considered. That isn't being allowed, that is earning your place. You keep your place on the team by following the rules and what they put in your contract.

But, keep spinning it to whatever suits you.

But earning your way doesn't entitle you to anything. You seem to keep thinking it does and I keep proving you wrong.

It's not spinning anything, if anything, you're spinning being good at something into entitlements.

Oh fuck the fuck you and the jingoistic horse you rode in on.

The players weren't trotted out to be marionettes for a fucking fake patriotism display that has ZERO to do with the game they're actually there to play until less than a decade ago. They're fucking CITIZENS of this country, not "allowed" to live here. In closing, bite me.
They will show respect for the dead soldiers who fought and died for their freedom to play football for millions of dollars. Or they will find themselves back in the ghetto where they came from.

Sorry, but the penalty is bullshit.

I don't agree with the kneeling, but I do believe they have the right to take a knee. I realize that's not a popular opinion with some folks... I'd much prefer they state their grievances on their own time, but ultimately their time on the field is when they get the most attention...

If you don't like it, don't watch. Don't go to the stadium. There's always the NHL, MLB, NASCAR (shudder), MLS (double shudder)...

This actually brings up where the hypocrisy comes in. These jingo-addicted whiners can't watch it, even if they wanted to. It's not part of an NFL broadcast. These klowns are whining on cue because they're told to.

But earning your way doesn't entitle you to anything. You seem to keep thinking it does and I keep proving you wrong.

It's not spinning anything, if anything, you're spinning being good at something into entitlements.

Never said anything about entitlement. YOU did. I simply said that I disagree about the players being allowed to play in the NFL, because I personally think that they earned it. And, I also said that in order to stay after earning their place on the team, they must follow the team rules and those specified in their contract. When people say that NFL players are "allowed" to play, it cheapens their accomplishment, because in order to play, they had to work their ass off. Being "allowed" to do something means that ANYONE can do it, and sorry, but most people would never be able to perform at that level.

Why can't they watch it? Most NFL games are on broadcast networks so it's free. The only reason they couldn't watch it is because they don't own a TV.

Forum List

Back