NFL Week Three

and deaf.

The replacement refs are not blind, retarded or deaf. You guys should try refing a game, it is difficult. There are always controversial calls in NFL games.

That said, try as they may, the replacement refs are in over their heads with NFL games and are not competent for the task. The NFL, being vthe competitive cauldron that it is, will see teams and players taking advantage of this incompetence.

The Packer-Seahawk play illustrates that on two counts: the bad call and the blatant push off by the receiver. I predict you will see more push offs, holding, and battles for the ball in pileups. it will get ugly.

The owners will not settle immediately given their general attitude. At best, they will wait a week to save face. At worst, they will hold a tough line. Most of the blame for this goes to them.

Better than best! The league upheld the call this morning. :clap2: I'm sure that was to prevent the Green Bay Muslim football fans from burning down our embassys.

Right because you fully expected the NFL to reverse the decision and not back up the replacement refs. ;)

The replacement refs are not blind, retarded or deaf. You guys should try refing a game, it is difficult. There are always controversial calls in NFL games.

That said, try as they may, the replacement refs are in over their heads with NFL games and are not competent for the task. The NFL, being vthe competitive cauldron that it is, will see teams and players taking advantage of this incompetence.

The Packer-Seahawk play illustrates that on two counts: the bad call and the blatant push off by the receiver. I predict you will see more push offs, holding, and battles for the ball in pileups. it will get ugly.

The owners will not settle immediately given their general attitude. At best, they will wait a week to save face. At worst, they will hold a tough line. Most of the blame for this goes to them.

Better than best! The league upheld the call this morning. :clap2: I'm sure that was to prevent the Green Bay Muslim football fans from burning down our embassys.

Right because you fully expected the NFL to reverse the decision and not back up the replacement refs. ;)

I fully didn't give a rats ass. Was just speculating that they wouldn't wait a week to respond. I'm in the camp that it was close enough to a simultaeous catch that once called a TD by the one ref it was a done deal. My only regret is that we were not playing the STEALERS! (not a spelling error) Did Franco Harris have to put up with any shit over that cheating "scoop" off a bounce in the so called immaculate reception? Hell no.. We made a play when we had to. Next....

I fully didn't give a rats ass. Was just speculating that they wouldn't wait a week to respond. I'm in the camp that it was close enough to a simultaeous catch that once called a TD by the one ref it was a done deal. My only regret is that we were not playing the STEALERS! (not a spelling error) Did Franco Harris have to put up with any shit over that cheating "scoop" off a bounce in the so called immaculate reception? Hell no.. We made a play when we had to. Next....

I'm in the camp that he never had control and didn't share in the reception, sort of like the rest of America and I bet you'd have a different opinion had Seattle been on the other end. Nor do I understand the bitterness over the Steelers. the Steelers did not make the calls during that Super Bowl and there were several calls against them. I have many reasons to hate the Steelers, that Super Bowl game was a nothing game for me, to average teams figured a way to get to the Big Game.

BTW: The "immaculate reception" is still debated to this day, just as Oakland's Ken Stabler's "Holy Roller" play and many other.

Funny how the NFL backs the call, yet are now negotiating heavily to get the real refs back. That speaks volumes.

Forum List

Back