NFL Conference Championship games

I thought he just signed a 3 year extension with the Raiders that is worth $121.5 million in October? The Raiders have until February 15th to trade him or cut him, but they haven't granted him permission to seek a trade, which effectively ties his hands.
I seriously dont expect Carr to be with the Raiders this next football season.I dont know all the details and everything about his contract situation but from everything i have been hearing in the media,the raiders are saying goodbye to him,they dont want him anymore.i have seen articles saying the david carr era is over.

so assuming i am wrong on Brady being in a niner uniform and they dont reach out to him,yeah I think that is very realistic carr will be a niner next year,Im not saying he WONT be with the raiders next year,again i dont know all the exact precise details on the situation but from everything they been saying in the media its a done deal,he is out the door,they dont want him there anymore. so beased on everything the media is saying,I would be shocked beyond belief if he is in a Raider uniform next season.If he is,there must have been some new developments i have not heard about recentlly that made them change their minds.I sure havent heard that though.

Pretty sure Carr signed his deal right after last season. They are going to end up cutting him to avoid the cap hit. Carr is done in Vegas. I cant see how they bring him back after how they treated him last year.
for once we see eye to eye.

I seriously dont expect Carr to be with the Raiders this next football season.I dont know all the details and everything about his contract situation but from everything i have been hearing in the media,the raiders are saying goodbye to him,they dont want him anymore.i have seen articles saying the david carr era is over.

so assuming i am wrong on Brady being in a niner uniform and they dont reach out to him,yeah I think that is very realistic carr will be a niner next year,Im not saying he WONT be with the raiders next year,again i dont know all the exact precise details on the situation but from everything they been saying in the media its a done deal,he is out the door,they dont want him there a

well thats the thing,just because he SAYS he is retiring for good,does not mean it will happen.He lied before,wht should we believe him now? oh and do you remember brett farve? I do. to jog your memory in case you DONT remember,he also lied on many occassions on retiring. His last four or five years playing,he said time and time again each year this was for sure his last year.He became a broken record.

However he might just be telling the truth this time and i think there is a 50/50 chance he is because of his speech he gave when he thanked the NFL for giving the chance to live his dream and he also said like ten years ago his goal was to play till he was 45 and he achieved it so from all that I dont think he will pull a brett farve on us UNLESS the niners reach out to him and BEG him.IF they do that,I guarantee you he will be in a niners uniform. after all,it would be a dream team for him to play on,playing for his hometown.The reason i think it is a strong possibility he will be their starter next year is Brady has all the money in the world he will ever need plus his future also is going to make him really rich with a lockup 10 year contract with fox sports when he decideds to hang it up so he would be cheap,he wouldnt play for the money,he would just want a chance to play for his dream team.

so if august comes around when the pre season starts and he is not signed with the niners,okay THEN i will believe it that he wont be in a niners uniform but until then,I am expecting to see him on the field in a niners uniform.i got to see it before i believe it that he is done this time for good. we had one brett farve,we could have another one sense he has lied to us once before already. we shall see.the waiting game begins.
Personally, I think that if Brady "unretires" again, it will seriously damage his public credibility.

In his own words:

"Good morning, guys. I'll get to the point right away. I'm retiring. For good," he said. "I know the process was a pretty big deal last time, so when I woke up this morning, I figured I'd just press record, and I'd let you guys know first. It won't be long-winded. You only get one super emotional retirement essay, and I used mine up last year."

He has a killer deal waiting for him as a commentator, and I don't think he will jeopardize it by being a flake.

JMO.

Personally, I think that if Brady "unretires" again, it will seriously damage his public credibility.

In his own words:

"Good morning, guys. I'll get to the point right away. I'm retiring. For good," he said. "I know the process was a pretty big deal last time, so when I woke up this morning, I figured I'd just press record, and I'd let you guys know first. It won't be long-winded. You only get one super emotional retirement essay, and I used mine up last year."

He has a killer deal waiting for him as a commentator, and I don't think he will jeopardize it by being a flake.

JMO.

and a good one,thats a good point but you got to remember Brady has never cared about his credibility,He lost it a long time ago when he lied about not knowing about the balls being deflated.

Him and Belicheat have taitned the sport of football with their lying and cheating.He is a classless clown anyways.When he wins in primetime,he shakes the opponents hands,but when he LOSES,half the time he doesnt even shake the other quarterbacks hand.He learned that from Belicheat,he once did that in a playoff game with the other coach.

shannon sharp correctly said his behaviour is bush league.:thup: real juvenile.

Him and Belicheat when they retire,they will be right up there with lance armstrong,barry bonds,sammy sosa,mark mcguire and roger clemons of players with an asterisk next to their names.

Nobody outside of boston respects him,his credibility is already down the drain,he could care less of tarnishing it further. the proof in the pudding that nobody outside of boston respects brady is in the superbowl that was played in santa clara,when they introduced former superbowl champions that were MVP;s,when they introduced brady,the whole stadium booed,this in his OWN HOMETOWN NO LESS.:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:thats pretty bad when your OWN HOMNETOWN boos you. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301: Lots of former NFL players have said the same thing,that brady and belicheat are cheaters that have disgraced the game.

when you got former NFL players saying you are a cheater and have disgraced the sport,you cant tarnish your credibility any worse than that,its already damaged VERY BADLY as it is.LOL

so trust me,brady doesnt care that he tarnishes his credibility even further than he already has.not saying that means he will be a niner,just that he does not care if he tarnishes it even more so.

Last edited:
Well katsteve2012 i am beginning to agree with you that this time brady really is sincere about retiring for good this time after learning of an article I saw recently today where it mentioned that he had only one team he was considering playing for next year,when I first saw the headline I figured it was the niners he was strongly thinking about but it says thst it was tampa bay or bust and he chose bust so if he is really on the level and it appears he really is this time,it looks like his last game was against the cowturds.

I still don’t get why after he won a Super Bowl with tampa,he just did not call it quits then,why not go out on top? Plus he pretty much proved the success of the cheatriots was because of him,not Belicheat.He proved he did not need him as a coach to win a Super Bowl.Look at Belicheats record with the cheatriots sense brady left.he has not been impressive at all sense his departure.

Hey katsteve2012 the other thing thst made me change my mind and made me now agree with you that he is sincere this time about hanging it up is two things,Ben rothesberger was at a Steelers game in Pittsburgh this year when the bucs traveled there and he said brady did not look like the same Tom Brady he was used to seeing on the field,he said he didn’t look like he was having fun as he always did in the past but more importantly,I remember over this year seeing articles of bucs players coming out and even saying that brady told them he was tired of football and regretted coming out of retirement.

That would explain why the bucs performance by the players on the field was so bad this year because they did not believe in their leader anymore.when you got the person at the most important position on the team saying he doesn’t want to be there,it’s hard for the rest of the team to want to go out there and want to get up to play.i never thought much about it at the time dismissing it as just someone making up a story just to get viewership interest but from his comments,it looks like it wasn’t mere gossip as I dismissed it to be at the time.

Again,do you remember hearing those stories and the one from rothlesberger saying brady did not look like the same brady in the filled he was used to seeing looking like he wasn’t having fun like he always did?

I just now remembered that,I now remember when seeing those articles thinking to myself boy I bet he regrets coming out of retirement now,that he wishes he could quit and go home.

Hey katsteve2012 the other thing thst made me change my mind and made me now agree with you that he is sincere this time about hanging it up is two things,Ben rothesberger was at a Steelers game in Pittsburgh this year when the bucs traveled there and he said brady did not look like the same Tom Brady he was used to seeing on the field,he said he didn’t look like he was having fun as he always did in the past but more importantly,I remember over this year seeing articles of bucs players coming out and even saying that brady told them he was tired of football and regretted coming out of retirement.

That would explain why the bucs performance by the players on the field was so bad this year because they did not believe in their leader anymore.when you got the person at the most important position on the team saying he doesn’t want to be there,it’s hard for the rest of the team to want to go out there and want to get up to play.i never thought much about it at the time dismissing it as just someone making up a story just to get viewership interest but from his comments,it looks like it wasn’t mere gossip as I dismissed it to be at the time.

Again,do you remember hearing those stories and the one from rothlesberger saying brady did not look like the same brady in the filled he was used to seeing looking like he wasn’t having fun like he always did?

I just now remembered that,I now remember when seeing those articles thinking to myself boy I bet he regrets coming out of retirement now,that he wishes he could quit and go home.
Yes, in fact I remember reading the same thing. As with any job, when you lose your motivation it's easy to see by others. The NFL is a business, not "just a game"

Yes, in fact I remember reading the same thing. As with any job, when you lose your motivation it's easy to see by others. The NFL is a business, not "just a game"

Yeah but more importantly,do you remember hearing the stories coming out of the press in tampa that players were even telling them he was tired of the game? I took it with a grain of salt back then but it looks like it was true,I’m sure brady met for it stay between him and the players but they were probably not happy with him for coming out of retirement sense they knew his head was not in the game so they git mad and went publicly about it I’m guessing,just my opinion.

The other thing thst I think it’s safe to say he is sincere this time,is I think you are right,he doesnt want to become the next Brett farve, farve lost so much credibility as a person his last five years or so in the league because he sounded like a broken record lying year after year about retiring that people got sick of the guy the fact he ruined his credibility.

Lying about it once as brady did is one thing,but if he did it again and became another Brett farve who did it multiple times,even just one more time,n people would get sick of seeing him play footballl knowing he lied to them AGAIN after giving a speech that sounded sincere this time.Green Bay fans eventually turned on farve as well as the whole country fir sounding like a broken record every year for years,brady doesn’t have much credibility as it is but I don’t think he wants tampa to stsrt getting sick of him as Green Bay did with farve fir lying to them all the time.

Yeah but more importantly,do you remember hearing the stories coming out of the press in tampa that players were even telling them he was tired of the game? I took it with a grain of salt back then but it looks like it was true,I’m sure brady met for it stay between him and the players but they were probably not happy with him for coming out of retirement sense they knew his head was not in the game so they git mad and went publicly about it I’m guessing,just my opinion.

The other thing thst I think it’s safe to say he is sincere this time,is I think you are right,he doesnt want to become the next Brett farve, farve lost so much credibility as a person his last five years or so in the league because he sounded like a broken record lying year after year about retiring that people got sick of the guy the fact he ruined his credibility.

Lying about it once as brady did is one thing,but if he did it again and became another Brett farve who did it multiple times,even just one more time,n people would get sick of seeing him play footballl knowing he lied to them AGAIN after giving a speech that sounded sincere this time.Green Bay fans eventually turned on farve as well as the whole country fir sounding like a broken record every year for years,brady doesn’t have much credibility as it is but I don’t think he wants tampa to stsrt getting sick of him as Green Bay did with farve fir lying to them all the time.
I don't recall Brady's teammates saying anything regarding him being "tired of football", but I do recall hearing that they didn't like his tirades when they didn't play well. Brett Farve definitely wore out his welcome in Green bay, and it appears that Aaron Rodgers time there is possibly coming to an end. It's going to be interesting to see what happens with some of the veteran quarterbacks during the off season.

I don't recall Brady's teammates saying anything regarding him being "tired of football", but I do recall hearing that they didn't like his tirades when they didn't play well. Brett Farve definitely wore out his welcome in Green bay, and it appears that Aaron Rodgers time there is possibly coming to an end. It's going to be interesting to see what happens with some of the veteran quarterbacks during the off season.
I think the Pack will be happy to let Rodgers go, and save $50 million, but who wants him? Or can afford him? The Jets, for one, the Raiders, for another. Him and Davante together again would be cool, but the Raiders suck. New York has a great defense and a very good offense, with the right QB. Lamar Jackson wants big bucks, but he aint worth it. And Jimmy G will end up in either NY or LV, wherever Rodgers isn't.

I think the Pack will be happy to let Rodgers go, and save $50 million, but who wants him? Or can afford him? The Jets, for one, the Raiders, for another. Him and Davante together again would be cool, but the Raiders suck. New York has a great defense and a very good offense, with the right QB. Lamar Jackson wants big bucks, but he aint worth it. And Jimmy G will end up in either NY or LV, wherever Rodgers isn't.
There has been speculation about Rodgers being interested in the Raiders for awhile now. It would not be surprising at all to see it come to fruition.

They have to trade him to save the 50 million which means that have to find someone willing to take on that bloated contract. My guess is if the Packers trade him it's to the AFC and to a team who isnt very good and in a tough division so the Raiders fit the bill in that regard. Im sure they dont want him having a MVP year or taking a team deep in the PO's ala Brett Farve in Minny. Especially if Love struggles in his first year starting.

I see Rodgers to the Raiders, they are dumb enough to pay him what he will make (I'm guessing any trade will require the Packers to eat a portion of the $50 million, say, $12 to $15 million) and having a All Pro WR you already know well just makes too much sense. Plus Favre went to the Jets when he left GB, so you think Rodgers wants to go there?

The Raiders won't win anything with Rodgers, but they will get a lot of attention and sold out games.

I see Rodgers to the Raiders, they are dumb enough to pay him what he will make (I'm guessing any trade will require the Packers to eat a portion of the $50 million, say, $12 to $15 million) and having a All Pro WR you already know well just makes too much sense. Plus Favre went to the Jets when he left GB, so you think Rodgers wants to go there?

The Raiders won't win anything with Rodgers, but they will get a lot of attention and sold out games.
I looked up the draft order. According to it, the Raiders have the 7th pick in the first round. They are in position for a quarterback if they choose.

I looked up the draft order. According to it, the Raiders have the 7th pick in the first round. They are in position for a quarterback if they choose.
They might do both, but I don't see that, the need for defense on the Raiders is simply too great. They get A Rod and start drafting a defense.

No I dont think the Packers want to trade their QB who was an MVP last year to a team who might contend for championship. If you remember Farve went to the Jets for a year then to Minny and was one play from going to the SB. Especially if Love struggles. The point being the Packers arent going to trade Rodgers to SF or some other team who might keep them from winning a title. The Raiders need more than Rodgers (who took a step back this year) to win especially with the division they are in.

It made very few headlines,it was a story thst got really supressed by the msm news so I’m not surprised you missed it.

I think it’s pretty much safe to say at this point if you could find a sucker who was willing to bet money thst brady will be back next year you would be richer than you are now,he is getting ready to retire as a patriot signing a one day contract with them and he threw out like his last pass to a fan or something in the stadium so it’s pretty obvious at this point he is not blowing smoke this time like last year or or as farve did many times. Those three or 4 times farve retired and then unretired I don’t think he ever said he was retiring for good,and I know for sure he did not sign a one day contract either to retire with the packers or throw a last pass to a fan in a stadium so t thinks it safe to say that’s how we know brady is sincere this time than last year and not going to pull a Brett farve and unretire several times.

The last year when farve did finally remain true to his word and stay retired,I knew thst time he was not blowing smoke as he did his other few years because his last year he played he did not want to come back and play thst year,he had to be talked into it by some of his players,he only came back cause they begged him to so you knew when he finally did walk away he was finally telling the truth and not pulling everyone’s leg as he did the other times and it’s pretty obvious brady is not pulling our leg this time either as he did last year.

Rogers would be a great fit for the niners,they should pursue him,I can see either him or Carr as a very realistic possibility to be in a niner uniform next season.

Forum List

Back