Next up on the progressive ban list

Right, only when the fetus passes out of the womb does the Prog Fairy wave her wand to make it human.

View attachment 43243

It's magic I tell ya!!
No one claims that.

So when is the baby a baby Sherlock?

When SCOTUS says it is?
The emergence of human consciousness from fetal to neonatal life. - PubMed - NCBI

A simple definition of consciousness is sensory awareness of the body, the self, and the world. The fetus may be aware of the body, for example by perceiving pain. It reacts to touch, smell, and sound, and shows facial expressions responding to external stimuli. However, these reactions are probably preprogrammed and have a subcortical nonconscious origin. Furthermore, the fetus is almost continuously asleep and unconscious partially due to endogenous sedation. Conversely, the newborn infant can be awake, exhibit sensory awareness, and process memorized mental representations. It is also able to differentiate between self and nonself touch, express emotions, and show signs of shared feelings. Yet, it is unreflective, present oriented, and makes little reference to concept of him/herself. Newborn infants display features characteristic of what may be referred to as basic consciousness and they still have to undergo considerable maturation to reach the level of adult consciousness. The preterm infant, ex utero, may open its eyes and establish minimal eye contact with its mother. It also shows avoidance reactions to harmful stimuli. However, the thalamocortical connections are not yet fully established, which is why it can only reach a minimal level of consciousness

So let me get this straight, the reactions are PROBABLY preprogrammed?

The fetus has to undergo considerable maturation to reach the level of adult consciousness?

This makes them OK to kill?

Is this a defense or are you making a mockery of your position?
I could care less if it was conscious or not, women will do what they want with their bodies, abortion was once illegal, people had them done enmasse in unsafe ways, women will have them done either way, I prefer safe environments.

Its odd you people seem to celebrate abortions, how many helpless fetuses have been horribly mutilated and their lives snuffed out, last I saw it was over 50 million.

A simple definition of consciousness is sensory awareness of the body, the self, and the world. The fetus may be aware of the body, for example by perceiving pain. It reacts to touch, smell, and sound, and shows facial expressions responding to external stimuli. However, these reactions are probably preprogrammed and have a subcortical nonconscious origin. Furthermore, the fetus is almost continuously asleep and unconscious partially due to endogenous sedation. Conversely, the newborn infant can be awake, exhibit sensory awareness, and process memorized mental representations. It is also able to differentiate between self and nonself touch, express emotions, and show signs of shared feelings. Yet, it is unreflective, present oriented, and makes little reference to concept of him/herself. Newborn infants display features characteristic of what may be referred to as basic consciousness and they still have to undergo considerable maturation to reach the level of adult consciousness. The preterm infant, ex utero, may open its eyes and establish minimal eye contact with its mother. It also shows avoidance reactions to harmful stimuli. However, the thalamocortical connections are not yet fully established, which is why it can only reach a minimal level of consciousness

The fetus has to undergo considerable maturation to reach the level of adult consciousness?

I could care less if it was conscious or not, women will do what they want with their bodies, abortion was once illegal, people had them done enmasse in unsafe ways, women will have them done either way, I prefer safe environments.

Its odd you people seem to celebrate abortions, how many helpless fetuses have been horribly mutilated and their lives snuffed out, last I saw it was over 50 million.
I don't celebrate abortion, in fact, I disagree with it around 20 weeks, however, it's unrealistic and immoral to ban abortion, for the women, and the fetus/baby/whatever you want to call it. People like you disgust me, if you're one who wants to ban it. What the fuck do you propose? Abortion police? Tieing women down and giving them c sections? Jailing women for life in poverty who can't afford to bring up a child? Abortion may be wrong depending on who you are, but god damn, abortion was once illegal, and women had it done anyway, usually in unsafe, unhealthy ways, clinics actually help reduce abortion rates where they are enmasse, especially with birth control being provided by healthcare services.

“I will never submit to fight beneath that banner with a Negro by my side. Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds."” -- Robert Byrd, Democrat "Conscious of the Senate", spinning in his grave that the Dems want to erase him

I don't celebrate abortion, in fact, I disagree with it around 20 weeks, however, it's unrealistic and immoral to ban abortion, for the women, and the fetus/baby/whatever you want to call it. People like you disgust me, if you're one who wants to ban it. What the fuck do you propose? Abortion police? Tieing women down and giving them c sections? Jailing women for life in poverty who can't afford to bring up a child? Abortion may be wrong depending on who you are, but god damn, abortion was once illegal, and women had it done anyway, usually in unsafe, unhealthy ways, clinics actually help reduce abortion rates where they are enmasse, especially with birth control being provided by healthcare services.

You act like there is some middle ground with the left, there is no middle ground with those scum, no compromise, not on this issue. If the left have their way it would be free government abortions by the 10's of millions, no limits just rip the poor things limbs off and stab them in the brain stem they don't care. They are some sick individuals.

You act like there is some middle ground with the left, there is no middle ground with those scum, no compromise, not on this issue. If the left have their way it would be free government abortions by the 10's of millions, no limits just rip the poor things limbs off and stab them in the brain stem they don't care. They are some sick individuals.
You're spewing right wing propaganda that has no basis in reality.

Trying to convince these people that the unborn are actually human beings is like trying to convince Hitler that Jews were his equals as well.

Last I checked, every fetus comes out human.

Trying to convince these people that the unborn are actually human beings is like trying to convince Hitler that Jews were his equals as well.

I love how you skipped over how you plan to enforce your control of women's bodies. Will you force c sections? Tie them down? Put poor mothers in prison for life?

You're spewing right wing propaganda that has no basis in reality.

Do you deny abortion procedures mutilate the fetus? What gets me about the pro abortion crowd is they are gutless cowards. They make up sugar coated words like "pro choice" and won't discuss the brutality of abortion, the 10's of millions of kids that won't grow up.

I love how you skipped over how you plan to enforce your control of women's bodies. Will you force c sections? Tie them down? Put poor mothers in prison for life?

The issue is whether women are killing babies. If so, then we need to find a way to work things out.

You may as well argue that snuffing out babies once they are born is OK as well.

The issue is whether women are killing babies. If so, then we need to find a way to work things out.

You may as well argue that snuffing out babies once they are born is OK as well.
Jesus christ, I explicitly stated I don't support abortion around 20 weeks, and your subsequent dodging of the question tells me all I need to know, you have no rational idea on how to do any of your bullshit. What, do we have an abortion task force? Jails for women who have miscarriages? Oh wait, how do you tell the difference? Better have special teams for that to. Learn a thing or two from the past, your bullshit was thrown out with roe vs wade.

Exactly. Why isn't killing babies in the first 6 months just as valid? Why should these women be forced to give up control of their bodies to breast feed them and disrupt their lives to care for infants? Hell why can't women just call it quits after 3 or 4 years if they don't feel like caring for the child until they are 18, its their kid they should be able to kill them right.

Jesus christ, I explicitly stated I don't support abortion around 20 weeks, and your subsequent dodging of the question tells me all I need to know, you have no rational idea on how to do any of your bullshit. What, do we have an abortion task force? Jails for women who have miscarriages? Oh wait, how do you tell the difference? Better have special teams for that to. Learn a thing or two from the past, your bullshit was thrown out with roe vs wade.

Around 20 weeks?

Good God, you can't even come up with a definitive time table for when life begins.

Why not help the women in need who are pregnant?

Oh, that's right, the most cost effective thing to do is kill the infant.

Lolberals pontificating about how the law on any issue is "settled" just because some dipshit SCOTUS decision has been rendered

is as information-ally valid as a lolberal preaching about "morality" while defending the alleged "right" of women to slaughter the unborn in the name of "freedom of choice."

Translation, beyond 20 weeks ripping a fetus apart makes you uncomfortable.

Around 20 weeks?

Good God, you can't even come up with a definitive time table for when life begins.

Clinics do help alot, in fact, abortion rates decrease with birth control/abortion clinics enmasse. That's the time when consciousness, as we perceive it, supposedly comes about.

It reminds me of the Nazis who used to shoot Jews in the head. I guess the business was too gruesome and messy for them, so they put them in gas chambers instead. Then they would just have Jews go round them up and bury them.

Out of sight, out of mind.

Translation: I have no rational plan to enforce my vehement beliefs.

Around 20 weeks?

Clinics do help alot, in fact, abortion rates decrease with birth control/abortion clinics enmasse. That's the time when consciousness, as we perceive it, supposedly comes about.

Why don't we just kill off all those people in coma's then?

Forum List

Back