Next... Anchor Babies.

Looks like Arizona legislators aren't done yet;
Arizona's Next Immigration Target: Children of Illegals - Yahoo! News

Anchor babies" isn't a very endearing term, but in Arizona those are the words being used to tag children born in the U.S. to illegal immigrants. While not new, the term is increasingly part of the local vernacular because the primary authors of the nation's toughest and most controversial immigration law are targeting these tots - the legal weights that anchor many undocumented aliens in the U.S. - for their next move.

Buoyed by recent public opinion polls suggesting they're on the right track with illegal immigration, Arizona Republicans will likely introduce legislation this fall that would deny birth certificates to children born in Arizona - and thus American citizens according to the U.S. Constitution - to parents who are not legal U.S. citizens. The law largely is the brainchild of state Sen. Russell Pearce, a Republican whose suburban district, Mesa, is considered the conservative bastion of the Phoenix political scene. He is a leading architect of the Arizona law that sparked outrage throughout the country: Senate Bill 1070, which allows law enforcement officers to ask about someone's immigration status during a traffic stop, detainment or arrest if reasonable suspicion exists - things like poor English skills, acting nervous or avoiding eye contact during a traffic stop.

So is Arizona going to far or is this another step in the right direction?

It needs to be addressed at the Federal level through Constitutional Amendment.

I agree Bullfighter -- but why do they come? What about traitorous American businesses and employers who hire these people knowing they are illegals? There's enough blame to lay on everyone, even you and I.

It makes no difference WHY they come. If they come illegal they are illegal.

If children of illegals were BY law illegal it would stem the tide of illegals coming and popping out anchor babies the second they get here in order to STAY and receive welfare.

AND I am not just talking about mexicans, make no mistake, I am talking about ALL illegals from every country in the world. I don't care where they are from illegal is illegal.

Very few illegals receive welfare -- that would expose them to deportation proceedings. Welfare is extremely hard to get even for a citizen. I don't really know what sort of test you'd like us to perform on babies after birth to determine their suitability for citizenship, syrenn, but the very thought makes me shudder.

Looks like Arizona legislators aren't done yet;
Arizona's Next Immigration Target: Children of Illegals - Yahoo! News

Anchor babies" isn't a very endearing term, but in Arizona those are the words being used to tag children born in the U.S. to illegal immigrants. While not new, the term is increasingly part of the local vernacular because the primary authors of the nation's toughest and most controversial immigration law are targeting these tots - the legal weights that anchor many undocumented aliens in the U.S. - for their next move.

Buoyed by recent public opinion polls suggesting they're on the right track with illegal immigration, Arizona Republicans will likely introduce legislation this fall that would deny birth certificates to children born in Arizona - and thus American citizens according to the U.S. Constitution - to parents who are not legal U.S. citizens. The law largely is the brainchild of state Sen. Russell Pearce, a Republican whose suburban district, Mesa, is considered the conservative bastion of the Phoenix political scene. He is a leading architect of the Arizona law that sparked outrage throughout the country: Senate Bill 1070, which allows law enforcement officers to ask about someone's immigration status during a traffic stop, detainment or arrest if reasonable suspicion exists - things like poor English skills, acting nervous or avoiding eye contact during a traffic stop.
So is Arizona going to far or is this another step in the right direction?

It needs to be addressed at the Federal level through Constitutional Amendment.

When the Fed fails, it falls to the member States to act.

why do people like madeline hate the idea of America as a sovereign nation?

no i don't believe she does. She has empathy for the state of the conditions of other countries. She doesn't understand that THAT is not our problem or an excuse for illegal immigration and the use of anchor babies to stay here illegally.

I agree Bullfighter -- but why do they come? What about traitorous American businesses and employers who hire these people knowing they are illegals? There's enough blame to lay on everyone, even you and I.

If children of illegals were BY law illegal it would stem the tide of illegals coming and popping out anchor babies the second they get here in order to STAY and receive welfare.

AND I am not just talking about mexicans, make no mistake, I am talking about ALL illegals from every country in the world. I don't care where they are from illegal is illegal.

Very few illegals receive welfare -- that would expose them to deportation proceedings. Welfare is extremely hard to get even for a citizen. I don't really know what sort of test you'd like us to perform on babies after birth to determine their suitability for citizenship, syrenn, but the very thought makes me shudder.

They can get residency when their parents do after they've gone through to appropriate legal processes. They can then either receive citizenship as young children when their parents petition for and are granted citizenship or petition for citizenship when they become legal adults.

Plenty of legal immigrants and their families do it all the time.

What about those towns that won't hire people unless they are bi-lingual. And I don't mean Polish!

Wishful thinking, but wrong. Born here means citizen; the motives or legal status of the parents are wholly irrelevant.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

If you are here illegal and pregnant then the child is also illegal and should be denied citizenship because of the illegal act. that should be the new law to put in force'

Too many big words for the gate keepers froggy. Too complex an issue. Maybe if you could apply the concept to a diagram. Don't bother submitting it before 9:30AM, or after lunch, or on Monday's, Thursdays, Fridays, or within 3 days of any Holiday.

Why do people like tsalkonocii, who gained by an accident of their birth, wish to deny the benefits of citizenship to a racial group whose parents annoy them?

Actually, my family immigrated here in accordance with American law at various points in history. Should I ever choose to immigrate elsewhere, I shall do so in accordance with their laws. Anyone coming here is expected to do the same or be shot trying to cross the border (why else are they trying to sneak in undetected, unless they're criminals- drug runners or terrorists?)

Wishful thinking, but wrong. Born here means citizen; the motives or legal status of the parents are wholly irrelevant.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

If you are here illegal and pregnant then the child is also illegal and should be denied citizenship because of the illegal act. that should be the new law to put in force'

Too many big words for the gate keepers froggy. Too complex an issue. Maybe if you could apply the concept to a diagram. Don't bother submitting it before 9:30AM, or after lunch, or on Monday's, Thursdays, Fridays, or within 3 days of any Holiday.

I got lost on 52nd and 12th.

[FONT="Book Antiqua"[B]]Very few illegals receive welfare [/B]-- that would expose them to deportation proceedings. Welfare is extremely hard to get even for a citizen. I don't really know what sort of test you'd like us to perform on babies after birth to determine their suitability for citizenship, syrenn, but the very thought makes me shudder.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR="Navy"]But their anchor babies DO receive welfare. For a start,

Aid to mothers with dependent children?
WIC?
Food stamps?

It is easy Maddie, when you have your child the parent must have legal documentation of citizenship for the issue of a birth certificate. If not the child is a non citizen and just as illegal as its mother. Both should be deported at the time of birth.

HERE"S YOUR LOYAL AMERICANS:

4647265744_9eaf1b8aca_o.jpg

no i don't believe she does. She has empathy for the state of the conditions of other countries. She doesn't understand that THAT is not our problem or an excuse for illegal immigration and the use of anchor babies to stay here illegally.

Plenty of people come from Mexico and other impoverished nations (Philippines, VietNam, and others) all the time in accordance with our laws. Do likewise or be shot. You get warned once to turn around, Fail and your shot. Get found in the States illegally and get thrown in a dungeon for 5 years awaiting a hearing to see whether you're to be deported (read: dropped off in the middle of the ocean, 20 miles from shore, still in shackles) or attached to a chain gain during the remainder of your prison sentence- for the rest of your natural life. That's how it should be done. Problem solved.

Last edited:

Why do people like tsalkonocii, who gained by an accident of their birth, wish to deny the benefits of citizenship to a racial group whose parents annoy them?

Actually, my family immigrated here in accordance with American law at various points in history. Should I ever choose to immigrate elsewhere, I shall do so in accordance with their laws. Anyone coming here is expected to do the same or be shot trying to cross the border (why else are they trying to sneak in undetected, unless they're criminals- drug runners or terrorists?)

4647265678_89b30617a2_o.jpg

I found this last week looking up anchor babies.

Interpreting the 14th Amendment

According to the Constitution's 14th Amendment, ratified in 1868 to ensure citizenship for the newly emancipated African Americans, "all persons, born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States." The phrase "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" was intended to exclude from automatic citizenship American-born persons whose allegiance to the United States was incomplete.
For example, Native Americans were excluded from American citizenship because of their tribal jurisdiction. Also not subject to American jurisdiction were foreign visitors, ambassadors, consuls, and their babies born here. In the case of illegal aliens, their native country has a claim of allegiance on the child. Therefore, some Constitutional scholars argue that the completeness of the allegiance to the United States is impaired and logically precludes automatic citizenship. However, this issue has never been directly decided by the U.S. Supreme Court.

More at the link

The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR): Anchor Babies: The Children of Illegal Aliens

Most aren't drug runners or terroristst.

HERE"S YOUR LOYAL AMERICANS:

4647265744_9eaf1b8aca_o.jpg

How retarded.

Find a picture depicting a minority sentiment.

Post it.

Proclaim it the majority.

No one is denying the benefits of citizenship. You are missing the point of illegal immigration and how the anchor babies got here in the first place.

AND why do you think the issue of illegal anchor babies is about ONE group of people only?

Right... I see at least one moron in that crowd who's more Spaniard (or possibly Italian-Sicilian) than native. PLus they forget that most of their (native) ancestors came from further south and never came this north, where the lands were held by a number of of warring tribes.

The only groups that had any valid complaint were the natives who were displaced and had their treaties broken. Of course, many of those groups were there as a result of past wars over territory against other tribes. Of course, those 'nations' which still exist have, to this day, exercise a certain degree of self-governance, although they seem non too eager to declare sovereignty and try to survive on their own- nor, of course, do they wish to surrender their special treatment and become simply Americans and citizens of the States in which they reside.

Most aren't drug runners or terroristst.

Really?

All of them are criminals and a great many can't be identified. You must have evidence that the majority have been identified, in order to identify the majority as non-drug runners and non-terrorists.

Forum List

Back