Newt's choice for Sec of State: John Bolton

I'm not sure how someone so adamant about going to war with a country that hasn't even attacked us, is a good choice for top diplomat.

Why does the republican party keep recycling these PNAC neocons? They'll never learn.

LGS, you are no gunslinger or conservative, just a LadyReactionaryFake. :lol:

Jake did the lady give you that butt hurt feeling?:lol:

lol Made me laugh :) It doesn't matter if you and I disagree--- I honestly like you and your posts.. I think you're pretty much right on for the most part.

Like bigrebn, you are entitled to your opinion, not just your own definitions.

You are no conservative anymore than is bigreb.

Let's examine the logic here...

Neoconservatism brings the republican party to its knees during Bush, to the point that Dems win a supermajority in congress and a liberal, basically unknown man wins the presidency in pretty much a landslide over a republican who was about as centrist as you'll get in that party.

So republicans go back to their liberty minded, small government platforms of back in the day and manage to take back a lot of congress, with the WH and yet even more seats in congress basically being theirs to lose in 2012...

And the party establishment is already going right back to the PNAC neocons.

It's so unbelievably ridiculous that it almost seems like intentional sabotage.

Neoconservatism brings the republican party to its knees during Bush, to the point that Dems win a supermajority in congress and a liberal, basically unknown man wins the presidency in pretty much a landslide over a republican who was about as centrist as you'll get in that party.

So republicans go back to their liberty minded, small government platforms of back in the day and manage to take back a lot of congress, with the WH and yet even more seats in congress basically being theirs to lose in 2012...

It's the base, not the establishment. The establishment doesn't want Newt.

If the establishment didn't want Newt, his name wouldn't be in the media's mouth 24/7.

If the establishment didn't want Newt, his name wouldn't be in the media's mouth 24/7.

That's because he's leading in the polls.

I believe Gingrich has received six endorsements from Republican lawmakers and party brass thus far (that's not much), three from his state.

What is striking is the extraordinary divide in opinion between those who know Gingrich and those who don't. Those who do are mostly not for him, and they were burning up the phone lines this week in Washington. ...

Former New Hampshire governor and George H.W. Bush chief of staff John Sununu told The Wall Street Journal this week: "Listen to just about anyone who worked alongside Gingrich and you will hear that he's inconsistent, erratic, untrustworthy and unprincipled." In a conference call Thursday, Jim Talent, who served with Mr. Gingrich in the House from 1993 through 1999, said, "He's not reliable as a leader." Sen. Tom Coburn, a member of the House class of 1994, called the former speaker's leadership "lacking," and according to a local press report, he told Oklahoma constituents last year that Mr. Gingrich was "the last person I'd vote for for president of the United States."

Sen. Lindsey Graham told a reporter that Mr. Gingrich could be a historic president if he has "matured as a person and is, for lack of a better word, calmed down." That is as close as most of those who've worked with him get to a compliment.

Yet the reservations and criticisms of the politico-journalistic establishment are having zero effect on Gingrich's support. In a Quinnipiac poll this week he moved into a double-digit lead over Mr. Romney in Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania.

The antipathy of the establishment not only is not hurting him at this early date, it may be helping him. It may be part of the secret of his rise. Because establishments, especially the Washington establishment, famously count for little with the Republican base: "You're the ones who got us into this mess."

Republicans on the ground who view Mr. Gingrich from afar, who neither know nor have worked with him, are more likely to see him this way: "Who was the last person to actually cut government? Who was the last person who actually led a movement that balanced the federal budget? . . . The last time there was true welfare reform, the last time government was cut, Gingrich did it." That is Rush Limbaugh, who has also criticized Mr. Gingrich.

Gingrich Is Inspiring—and Disturbing - WSJ.com

I believe Gingrich has received six endorsements from Republican lawmakers and party brass thus far (that's not much), three from his state.

]

True enough.

The problem the Establishment doesn't realize yet is that down here in the rank and file, we've had quite enough of them.

What amazes me about these people in the Mr. Potter wing is that they just don't take no for an answer. The rank and file rejected Romney pretty soundly four years ago, but no matter, we'll just run him again.

]

True enough.

The problem the Establishment doesn't realize yet is that down here in the rank and file, we've had quite enough of them.

What amazes me about these people in the Mr. Potter wing is that they just don't take no for an answer. The rank and file rejected Romney pretty soundly four years ago, but no matter, we'll just run him again.

The weird wacks far to the right rebuked him four years ago, split the vote enough, and McCain walked in with the nomination. Thompson-Huckabee supporters were the reason for the GOP defeat last time.

]

True enough.

The weird wacks far to the right rebuked him four years ago, split the vote enough, and McCain walked in with the nomination. Thompson-Huckabee supporters were the reason for the GOP defeat last time.

People from the GOP I will never vote for
Newt
Romney
Perry
I will vote for obama before I ever vote for those god damn rinos.

Forum List

Back