Newt's choice for Sec of State: John Bolton

John Bolton has been a favorite of mine for some years. I wish he would run for president. But, he'd be more effective as SOS than even vice president.

John Bolton has been a favorite of mine for some years. I wish he would run for president. But, he'd be more effective as SOS than even vice president.

I don't think there is anyone more qualified to be SOS.

John Bolton? Seriously, that's scary as hell... So much for Newt's judgement...

John Bolton is a rabid foaming-at-the-mouth wingnut. He would push for war with Iran.

What the hell would you know about anything other than your run of the mill anti-semitic trash?? As if your opinion mattered to begin with?

We need to bring our troop home..., I agree with Lakhota about him being scary as he would get us into more wars. Not that I don't think he's intelligent, but he wants war to bad. I like him better then what we got now as he would get us away from globalism, but don't like him for his lust for war, war, war for a tiny nation in the middle of hell.

Last edited:
Yeah, those stupid republicans pandering to republicans like that when they should be trying to please democrats.

One of the interesting aspects of a Bolton appointment was that his term as U.N. ambassador was a recess appointment due to a filibuster by Senate Democrats. Democrats and some Republicans objected to Bolton's strongly worded views as a diplomat, such as when he called North Korean leader Kim Jong-Il a tyrannical dictator. Bolton was also accused of politicizing intelligence, especially where it concerned weapons of mass destruction.

During his term as U.N. ambassador, Bolton campaigned to reform the world body, which he regarded as dysfunctional. Some considered his abrasive style too off putting for a diplomat. But he approached the job as did the late Daniel Patrick Moynihan when he held the post in the early 1970s, as promoting American values and pointing out corruption and the coddling of tyrannies that is rife at the United Nations. When Bush put Bolton's name up for a permanent appointment, the Senate took no action and Bolton resigned at the end of his recess
http://news.yahoo.com/gingrich-appointment-bolton-pick-fight-democrats-231300299.htmlappointment.

One of the many reasons liberal pacifists and Paulians hate the man.. Not to mention his strong support of Israel.. of course he's hated by the left. Great choice Newt!

We need to do everything in our power to keep out of war with Iran. China, Russia and Pakistan are just looking for reasons to jump into it. Not worth the treasure and pain for a nation on the other side of the planet. I llke Bolton as he would cut foriegn aid and be for America instead of globalism, but his lust for war is a turn off.

DO NOT run in the general on war with Iran. You will hand Obama another 4 years!

Last edited:
Bolton on President Dumbo and Egypt:

John Bolton is a man who speaks in clear, concise sentences with no ambiguity about what he intends to say. It is perhaps this quality that endears him to conservatives who respect the fact that he pulls no punches, spares no sacred cows, and generally cuts through the BS to the heart of any problem or issue.

Bolton at CPAC via CNN:

Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations John Bolton condemned President Obama as "weak" and "indecisive" on foreign affairs while speaking at the Conservative Political Action Conference Saturday.
And specifically on the topic of the revolution in Egypt, Bolton stated "We don't have the leadership in the White House that can deal with it."

[...]

Bolton described the Obama administration's approach to Egypt as "hesitant, inconsistent, confused, and just plain wrong."

Bolton recognized the Egyptian call for democracy, but questioned the administration's answer. "We have some degree of optimism, we can recognize that many of the people are legitimately calling for liberty and democracy as we see it," he said.

"But we know it is a responsibility of our government to protect our government and our friends and our allies," he continued, "Never forget Theodore Roosevelt's response: first and foremost we must make the world safe for ourselves."

Recommending a "careful and prudent approach," Bolton cautioned that "A democratic election can produce illiberal results. If you want to see what a Muslim Brotherhood looks like when it takes control, look at Hamas in the Gaza strip, it's not pretty."

There has been a lot of comparisons the past 48 hours to Gaza and the Hamas "victory" at the polls in 2006. This is in contrast to the drumbeat of optimistic, rhetorically ridiculous assertions that what happened on Friday in Egypt was a "democratic" revolution. The theme being presented by the press is that not only was the Egyptian uprising benign, but that it will actually work in favor of US interests.

That, of course, is to be hoped. But history and practical reality suggests otherwise. We should hope that Bolton keeps speaking out about events in Egypt as they unfold over the next few months. His words are a necessary balm to the claptrap being put out by the media.

Archived Blog: Bolton: Obama 'plain wrong' on Egypt

Again, he was SPOT ON!

Forum List

Back