That's right, Newt supports giant mirrors in space to make it brighter so that nighttime driving is easier... It was interesting to see Mitt actually jab at Newt for supporting mining the moon in the ABC debate last night, I had read about some of the other crazy ass ideas Newt talks about. I am honestly wondering now that Newt is ousted as possibly the biggest liberal on the stage, along with truly "Looney" or "crazy" ideas like these, does this change the minds of any of the Newt supporters? Newt is the only conservative on stage that gets to decide that 70% of his record is off limited because he apologized Newt then turns around and wants the other 30% of his record to run off as a conservative. Who wouldnt want to be able to exclude all their past positions and polices (DoEducation for example) that they know people wont agree with? I didnt grow up with Newt as Im 30 years old, so I believe I gave Newt an honest chance. I liked Newt before I know any of his polices, as he blew up I looked into them and just fucking wow the guy is massively liberal in the worst ways and lies non stop. Newt Gingrich: Man of big ideas | The Economist More troubling for Mr Gingrich's supporters, at the end of these roads (or, at least, the ones Mr Gingrich chooses to walk down) are big-government solutions. As David Brooks writes today, the candidate "has no Hayekian modesty to restrain his faith in statist endeavor. For example, he has called for 'a massive new program to build a permanent lunar colony to exploit the Moons resources.' He has suggested that 'a mirror system in space could provide the light equivalent of many full moons so that there would be no need for nighttime lighting of the highways.'" Practical solutions to America's problems these are not. But heck, they're a lot more interesting than, say, putting LED bulbs in street lights. My colleague calls it "brilliant nonsense". Quite right.