Newt on mirrors in space for nighttime driving

Interestingly enough, nanotechnology is also being used in cancer research....

If you give a nanodiamond to your fiancée, you can forget about the wedding. But a new study reports that these tiny flecks of carbon can shrink tumors in mice by delivering chemotherapy drugs to cancer cells.

Lead author Dean Ho, a biomedical engineer at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, says that one of the major challenges in chemotherapy is when tumor cells develop mechanisms to pump drugs right back out. But Ho reasoned that when the drug is bound to a nanoparticle, the combination would be too large for the pump, so tumors would have a hard time evolving resistance.

The value of nanoparticles made of diamond is multifaceted. Made of carbon, they're nontoxic, and the body's immune system doesn't attack them. They can bind tightly to a variety of molecules and deliver them right into a tumor. And because they are only 2 to 8 nanometers in diameter, they are easy for the kidneys to clear from the body before they block up blood vessels, a long-standing problem in nanoparticle therapy.

Nanodiamonds Could Be a Cancer Patient's Best Friend - ScienceNOW

ahhhh obama's asswipe checks in..

So I take it you support mirrors in space then... Interesting, not shocking though. I wonder how much a brilliant project like that would cost, not to mention the more than obvious environmental impact it would have that I’m sure Newt (The smartest person in the room) would have thought of in seconds like I and everyone else would have.

ever hear of the hubble? asswipe!

Wow, I hope you don't have children, I mean that...

For the record the topic was not that a mirror can't be in space, it was the use of GIANT HUGE MASSIVE mirrors that reflect light down to earth to make it roughly 3x brighter than a full moon at nighttime.

I honestly can’t believe you chose to defend Newt’s position on this, so far you are the only one to do that in this thread, that is refreshing.

Props to Gramps in fact.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back