Newt hits Romney hard on Bain Capital

I really think the GOP contenders are giving the Dem more than enough ammunition to discredit Romney when he gets the nomination. It seems Newt is fighting a personal battle with him. Romney reminds me of the mean little rich kid who gets bullies to do his work. His denial concerning the Super PAC that was slamming Newt was weak, at best.

It seem his lips move, but I am not sure if they are always speaking.

Newts spending about 3 mill on adds going after Romney for his job killing career at Bain Capital. I'm sure someone can find the ad but.....

Is Newt against what Romney did at Bain? Because while he complains I don't believe there are any conservatives (including Newt) who are against companies like Bain. Are they? I thought Newt would like the free market but the ads suggest...he...disagrees?

You're expecting consistency from a GOPer?

Why?

One can be against the conduct of Bain while believing that investment companies themselves aren't necessarily a bad thing. There's nothing wrong with an investment company in principle.

Bain was particular notorious for it's predatory practices, however.

If Romney can't come up with a good accounting for his behavior now, one that Joe on the assembly line who is afraid of his job going to China can understand, Obama is going to absolutely slaughter him with this.

I think it will resonate, if the people that are screaming "class warfare" are seen to be hypocrites. One admits that it exists and the other confirms he was waging it. That's campaign gold for Obama.

There you have it. It's going to be funny to hear Newts answer when someone asks if he's against companies like Bain or is he just letting everyone know what went on at Bain even tho he doesnt have a problem with what they did?

Bain represents the ultimate "bad guy". They are a company that buys other companies to send them into bankruptcy so they can fire all their workers then dump the company...raking in HUGE profits. Sorry kids, that's not "job creation".

Get your facts strait. First, Bain Capital has saved hundreds of thousands of jobs. How many companies like AMC Entertainment, Benntag, Burlington Coat, Toys R Us, Dunkin Brand, HD supply and Outback would have survived without the money Bain invested into those companies. They did not break up those companies, they changed leadership in those companies and bring them back to life. No other candidate in the history of presidential politics has created more jobs.

Newt has been in DC too long. He's a fucking tool. I'm certainly not going to vote for him because he can bash fellow Republicans like he was Pelosi.

Go Newt go! Newtie is doing the Dems work for us. We'll be on the beach in hammocks, drinking mimosas until the Primary is over. :D

I like what Peggy Noonan called Newt...an "angry little attack muffin". :lol:

Perry weighed in on this too and I think it's a mistake for these guys to take this approach. They are supposed to be supporting the free market and they are attacking it at the same time. They are swinging to the left with this argument and it is going to come back and haunt them if they ever want to get back into office after this race.

Perry weighed in on this too and I think it's a mistake for these guys to take this approach. They are supposed to be supporting the free market and they are attacking it at the same time. They are swinging to the left with this argument and it is going to come back and haunt them if they ever want to get back into office after this race.

When I heard his and Newt's comments, I thought I was in the Twilight Zone. I couldn't imagine them positioning themselves to the left of Mitt! It was like they were making Obama campaign spots!!!

When I heard his and Newt's comments, I thought I was in the Twilight Zone. I couldn't imagine them positioning themselves to the left of Mitt! It was like they were making Obama campaign spots!!!

It is disgusting what Newt is doing...He is trying to destroy the republican party.

This attack falls flat coming from Republicans who support the actions of companies like Bain. Newt and others are pretending they are against it while secretly wishing t was them. Sorta like the bj Clinton got.
If Bain called Newt....Newt would be right in the picture with Romney.

Do you really think anyone was secretly wishing for a bj from that hideous fat chick? Hell, the only reason even a dog like Clinton would go there is..well...look at hillary...

Oh yeah, I forgot about all the Male Models that are in the US Congress :doubt:

Uh yeah, remember while Newt was screaming about banging interns on the Govt dime....He was banging interns on the Govt Dime.

Pretty Consistent in his hypocrisy if you ask me

There are very few things I can say for sure but... Newt will not be President in 2012. Newt is great in debates because he lies, but the lies have caught up to him. While people like hearing Newt say "God, Reagan, troops and an attack on Obama" to end every answer I doubt there is any meaningful amount of people that trust Newt. Every debate at some point Newt gets caught in a huge lie, every debate, some debates it happens 2 or 3 times...

Romney did an excellent job at Bain. 70% of the companies taken over went on to grow and become successful.

Except of course that Bain Capital is a private investment firm that invests in businesses and creates jobs. They are clearly bad guys.

Considering that they also destroy jobs, yeah, they kind of are.

Jobs are "destroyed" every day in America. This sudden epiphany by the likes of you is interesting. Apparently innovation no longer matters. What about all the poor employees of now defunct technology firms like Sperry, Pyramid, Apollo, Digital, Tandem on and on it goes. Innovation means newer, better, more in demand grow and old and outdated fade away. But not to some, most notably liberals. If it were up to some of you, the aforementioned would still be in business regardless of whether they delivered marketable products. Because jobs is all that matters. If a business employes someone, well they should continue to employ regardless of whether they can sustain operations or not. That's what you are arguing for.

Bain and other PE firms are the life's blood of our free market economy. They help new businesses get off the ground and become the next generation job creators and they wind down the old generation businesses that are dead and simply don't know it yet.

Do you still use a word processor? Shame on you!!!!! Job killer.

Pos rep inbound....don't make me regret it

It is disgusting what Newt is doing...He is trying to destroy the republican party.

pelosi-gingrich.jpg

Forum List

Back