Newt hits Romney hard on Bain Capital

Can you imagine. A PRIVATE firm being able to invest or not invest. Capitalism? What is this world coming to?
Sure they can. But the American people do not like every type of capitalism. Buying distressed companies, firing all the American workers, and sending those jobs to China while collecting big bonuses for doing so is not the capitalism that Americans support.

That's a small part of the story and it is being made into the entire story. Every business that Bain wound down was dead man walking. Those employees were gone and likely received a far better package under Bain's takeover than would have happened eventually. The proceeds from saving what little could be save then went into creating successful companies with more jobs being created. A story that takes more than a soundbite and a bit more comprehension. The true facts of the matter usually do.

That's not true either.

About HALF the voters want someone who can beat Obama.

That doesn't necessarily mean they want to choose Mitt "I like to be able to fire people" Romney.

If the Republicans don't broach this issue now, Obama will in the fall.

I said back in 2008, you don't win over an electorate afraid of losing their jobs with a guy who made his money by firing people from their jobs. This, along with his crazy religion, makes Romney unelectable, but you clowns keep insisting on nominating him anyway.

I'm curious, Joe. Why would you do the Progressives work by attributing a remark to Romney that was taken TOTALLY out of context? Romney wasn't talking about liking to fire people from their jobs when he made the comment that he like to be able to fire people...he was talking about liking to be able to fire any insurance company that wasn't providing good service. If you don't like Romney...and it's quite obvious that you don't...then rip the man for what he HAS done or said...not some bullshit quote taken out of context to give it a different meaning. That's the kind of silly crap that has made MSNBC a laughingstock. Why would you want to emulate what they do?

One more time, guy, Romney made his fortune firing people, the world is littered with the bodies. So him saying "I like to be able to fire people" is kind of like Michael Jackson saying "I like playing with children". No matter what the context, that's still pretty effed up.

This was his Macaca Moment.

He also made his fortune hiring people.

But that doesn't fit the narrative of a hater...

Doesn't matter what's "True".

As Obi-Wan Kenobi once opined, truth is largely a point a view.

7138-15886.jpg

"Now where's my million bucks for this cameo, bitches!"

It really depends on how it looks.

Do you think a KB Toys or AmPad worker who lost his job and health benefits is going to give a crap Bain made a profit? Do you think that's going to look good to those who aren't Bain investors.

One more time, guy, Romney made his fortune firing people, the world is littered with the bodies. So him saying "I like to be able to fire people" is kind of like Michael Jackson saying "I like playing with children". No matter what the context, that's still pretty effed up.

Except that Bain wasn't in the "Job Creation" business. It was in the profits business. And if it could make a profit messing up the life of a working guy, so be it.

Since nearly all of us have had one time in our lives where someone's greed had a negative impact on our lives, this really doesn't look good for old Mittens. Can't get back at my ex-boss, but I can vote against this Suit Wearing Douchebag.

And as my Drill Sergeant used to say, "One 'Oh Shit!" erases a hundred 'Attaboys'."

Except that Bain wasn't in the "Job Creation" business. It was in the profits business. And if it could make a profit messing up the life of a working guy, so be it.

Since nearly all of us have had one time in our lives where someone's greed had a negative impact on our lives, this really doesn't look good for old Mittens. Can't get back at my ex-boss, but I can vote against this Suit Wearing Douchebag.

And as my Drill Sergeant used to say, "One 'Oh Shit!" erases a hundred 'Attaboys'."

Correct. They are in the wealth creation business.

It is so much fun watching the OCD bigot lose his fucking shit as this process goes forward.

Tell us again why you think you're a Republican?

ALL businesses are not in the "Job Creation" business. ALL businesses are in the profit business.

Do I really have to explain this to you?

romney's problem is this... he can't run on his record as governor because his views as governor almost exactly mirrored the president's. so he has to talk about his experience in the private sector where he claims to have been a "job creator".

once he made his "job creator" status the center of his campaign, it became fair to point out that he's full of it and was really gordon gekko.

i heard someone say it perfectly yesterday and i think it was Andrew Ross Sorkin... he said, it is impossible to ascertain whether mitt was a good job creator or a bad job creator based on the actions of Bain Capital.... and what he was... was a good investor.

yet, being a good investor is not the same thing as being a "job creator" because, as you well know, Toro, what benefits shareholders is not necessarily what benefits the company or its employees.

ALL businesses are not in the "Job Creation" business. ALL businesses are in the profit business.

And for those of us who actually DO the work, who cares?

You know, "It's your own damned fault you lost your job" is not a winning slogan, I really hope Mittens doesn't go with that in November.

And for those of us who actually DO the work, who cares?

You know, "It's your own damned fault you lost your job" is not a winning slogan, I really hope Mittens doesn't go with that in November.

Class warfare is so ugly.

First commandment of the GOP handbook

Thou shall not speak the TRUTH about another Republican's record.

You are right, it is.

A rich person taking a poor person's job away because he needs to buy another polo pony is damned ugly.

And not at all Christian.

But you guys go with that, really.

If this becomes an election where you run "the guy who lays you off" as your candidate, the GOP WILL lose.

It's just that simple.

Gingirch, Perry, Santorum would all be better candidates because they are people the average Joe can relate to. They grew up in working class households and worked their way up.

Mittens was born rich, and even though he didn't need to do anything to be comfortable, he made a nine-figure fortune putting people at Toy Stores and Paper Plants out of jobs that only paid five figures. THAT'S class warfare.

Kennedy used this to great effect in 1994 and Obama will use it to better effect this year.

Unless the GOP has an attack of good sense and gets off the Crazy Train now. If the other candidates suck, find new candidates.

You are right, it is.

A rich person taking a poor person's job away because he needs to buy another polo pony is damned ugly.

If this becomes an election where you run "the guy who lays you off" as your candidate, the GOP WILL lose.

It's just that simple.

Gingirch, Perry, Santorum would all be better candidates because they are people the average Joe can relate to. They grew up in working class households and worked their way up.

Mittens was born rich, and even though he didn't need to do anything to be comfortable, he made a nine-figure fortune putting people at Toy Stores and Paper Plants out of jobs that only paid five figures. THAT'S class warfare.

Kennedy used this to great effect in 1994 and Obama will use it to better effect this year.

Unless the GOP has an attack of good sense and gets off the Crazy Train now. If the other candidates suck, find new candidates.

rdean and truthmatters agree with you.

First commandment of the GOP handbook

Thou shall not speak the TRUTH about another Republican's record.

well, partly... i suspect it's more "attack from the right... never the left"

I think it's more along the lines of exposing the fault lines within a coalition.

This is what Huckabee did in 2008, when he made comments about Romney being "the guy who lays you off" and calling the Club for Growth "the Club for Greed". Most rank and file Republicans aren't rich, and don't have a lot in common with the movers and shakers who contribute huge amounts of money and make a killing off the screwball schemes in our economy.

The last thing that the 10% who own half of everything really want to hear. That people on the right are as happy to see the pie divided fairly as folks on the left.

You are right, it is.

It's just that simple.

rdean and truthmatters agree with you.

So? (although I doubt they'd agree Gingrich would be better because he didn't make his fortune screwing people who work in Toy Stores)

I'm talking pure political calculation, man. No one will vote for "the Guy who lays you off".

Forum List

Back