Newt Gingrich's food stamp personal attack refuted

Food stamp fraud is theoretically possible but *NOT* authorized as Newt tries to claim and his information for Hawaii was highly distorted, no one used foodstamp benefits to fly to Hawaii.

Oh, now fraud has to be authorized for Newt to be correct?

Can't you just admit you are wrong? It's really not that tough to do when you are wrong. Besides Pride is a sin.

Food stamp fraud is theoretically possible but *NOT* authorized as Newt tries to claim and his information for Hawaii was highly distorted, no one used foodstamp benefits to fly to Hawaii.

Oh, now fraud has to be authorized for Newt to be correct?

Can't you just admit you are wrong? It's really not that tough to do when you are wrong. Besides Pride is a sin.

Newt said people can fly to Hawaii with foodstamps, that was false. I was not wrong but Newt's claims were wrong.

"We have people who take their food stamp money and use it to go to Hawaii."

False.

So you don't see a problem with people who are using foodstamps then traveling to Hawaii and using them?

So you don't see a problem with people who are using foodstamps then traveling to Hawaii and using them?

Foodstamps were spent in Hawaii but no proof exists that anyone used food stamps to travel to Hawaii, as the OP said it could have been a military family member or a migrant worker.

Newt's claim is false.

Foodstamps were spent in Hawaii but no proof exists that anyone used food stamps to travel to Hawaii, as the OP said it could have been a military family member or a migrant worker.

Newt's claim is false.

buckwheat_otay_littlerascals.jpg

Newt's claim is false.

Alright, for the sake of argument, let's say you are right. You're not, but let's say you are.

How is that any less damning for the program? If people can afford a trip to Hawaii are using food stamps, then they are committing fraud. You don't find this to be a problem?

Untruthful personal attacks refuted, a true left wing hack site wouldn't do this:

PolitiFact | All statements involving Barack Obama

oh and the link in the OP came from Politifact, not factcheck, attack the right source jackass.

I wasn't talking about the link in the OP to the other poster. I was talking about FactCheck and Media matters.

And you still have not addressed the article I put up from WSJ that refutes Politifact and supports Newt's contention.

And I stand by my question? Who the hell made Politifact perfectomundo and the be all and end all.

That article alone refutes Politifact.

I did address your BS from WSJ, your link says that the *STATES*, 35 of them did away with asset requirements, not the federal govt, states, not the federal govt control who can get foodstamps.

Just got back in from running the dog to find this.

Of course the feds set the eligibility requirements BUT there is this little option for states that 35 have taken advantage of. It's called the Expanded Categorical Eligibility Option.

Food Stam p Issue Brief: Categorical EligibilityWhich states take advantage of this option? Currently, 35 states use expanded
categorical eligibility to draw more families into the Food. Stamp Program. ...
www.dchunger.org/pdf/DC-cat-elfinal3.pdf - - Cached - Similar pages

Newt's claim is false.

Alright, for the sake of argument, let's say you are right. You're not, but let's say you are.

How is that any less damning for the program? If people can afford a trip to Hawaii are using food stamps, then they are committing fraud. You don't find this to be a problem?

A military family member who has PCS'd to Hawaii could used their EBT card there jackass, it doesn't mean they have the means to afford a trip there since the military would pay for their move. Yes, military families qualify for and do receive food stamps.

Newt's Claim is false, I'm sticking to the OP, not meaningless side arguments that are non-sequitir.

Now back to Politifact.

Study finds significant pro-Democrat bias by PolitiFact
by In the news Tuesday, February 22. 2011

PolitiFact Biased Study finds significant pro Democrat bias by PolitiFact

by Dan Lucas

Study finds PolitiFact rates Republican statements false 3 times the rate of Democrats

A February 2011 study published by the University of Minnesota’s Smart Politics news site, a part of the Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs, finds a significant bias on the part of PolitiFact in favor of statements made by Democrats: “That means a supermajority of falsehoods documented by PolitiFact over the last year – 76 percent – were attributed to Republicans, with just 22 percent of such statements coming from Democrats.”

A glance at the most recent PolitiFact ratings by the Oregonian would definitely support findings of a pro-Democrat bias.

The University of Minnesota’s Smart Politics study especially calls out “how statements are selected” by PolitiFact: “there remains a fundamental question of which statements (by which politicians) are targeted for analysis in the first place. A Smart Politics content analysis of more than 500 PolitiFact stories from January 2010 through January 2011 finds that current and former Republican officeholders have been assigned substantially harsher grades by the news organization than their Democratic counterparts.”

Smart Politics is a non-partisan political news site authored and founded in 2006 by Dr. Eric Ostermeier, a Research Associate at the Center for the Study of Politics and Governance (CSPG) at the University of Minnesota’s Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs.

Oh spare me on who is a "dupe" and dear lord I didn't think there could be more franco clones out there but obviously there are.

FACTCHECK is funded by Annenberg.

Means it's a bullshit left wing whacko propaganda machine like media matters.

Non partisan? Like hell.

You're certainly free to post proof of that but you'll understand if I don't wait around.

LOL

Proof of what? That Annenberg funds FactCheck? Common knowledge. And that the Annenberg Foundation funded Bill Ayers? Common knowledge. And that Bill Ayers hired Obama? Common knowledge.

Google could be your friend.:lol:

:eusa_eh: If it's that common, post a link, Sis!

Sometimes that's the only way to actually win the argument.

Now back to Politifact.

Study finds significant pro-Democrat bias by PolitiFact
by In the news Tuesday, February 22. 2011

PolitiFact Biased Study finds significant pro Democrat bias by PolitiFact

by Dan Lucas

Study finds PolitiFact rates Republican statements false 3 times the rate of Democrats

A February 2011 study published by the University of Minnesota’s Smart Politics news site, a part of the Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs, finds a significant bias on the part of PolitiFact in favor of statements made by Democrats: “That means a supermajority of falsehoods documented by PolitiFact over the last year – 76 percent – were attributed to Republicans, with just 22 percent of such statements coming from Democrats.”

A glance at the most recent PolitiFact ratings by the Oregonian would definitely support findings of a pro-Democrat bias.

The University of Minnesota’s Smart Politics study especially calls out “how statements are selected” by PolitiFact: “there remains a fundamental question of which statements (by which politicians) are targeted for analysis in the first place. A Smart Politics content analysis of more than 500 PolitiFact stories from January 2010 through January 2011 finds that current and former Republican officeholders have been assigned substantially harsher grades by the news organization than their Democratic counterparts.”

Smart Politics is a non-partisan political news site authored and founded in 2006 by Dr. Eric Ostermeier, a Research Associate at the Center for the Study of Politics and Governance (CSPG) at the University of Minnesota’s Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs.

Post a link please.

PolitiFact | Newt Gingrich says you can use food stamps to get to Hawaii

None of these idiots will draw any intelligent voters with lies like this.

Who sends you libs out with all these stupid talking points? Man, I've hit this topic on a number of boards tonight.

Politfact should have googled. Maybe they would learn something. And who the heck made them the fact checkers almighty?

WSJ: Millionaires Collecting Food Stamps

Thursday, 23 Jun 2011 08:10 AM

By Forrest Jones

Millionaires qualify for food stamps these days as long as they can show they have little or no income, author and lecturer James Bovard says.

Thirty five states have scrapped asset requirements, which means almost anyone can buy groceries under the auspices of the United States Department of Agriculture's program for hungry Americans.

"The Obama administration is far more enthusiastic about boosting food-stamp enrollment than about preventing fraud," Bovard writes in a Wall Street Journal column.

"Thanks in part to vigorous federally funded campaigns by nonprofit groups, the government's AmericaCorps service program, and other organizations urging people to accept government handouts, the number of food-stamp recipients has soared to 44 million from 26 million in 2007, and costs have more than doubled to $77 billion from $33 billion."

Food stamps, known officially as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), have been the target of abuse even before Obama took office; the number of food-stamp recipients on George W. Bush's watch rose by more than 50 percent, Bovard says.

And here's the author's key point and this should scare the crap out of anyone.

Plus enforcement is need, as only 40 inspectors oversee almost 200,000 merchants who accept food stamps nationwide.

40 freaking inspectors? You're begging for abuse.

WSJ: Millionaires Collecting Food Stamps

Well that's what you get when you want smaller government. Less government employees. We have a government workforce that mirrors the one we had in 1980. To bad the population has grown since then.

Newt's claim is false.

Newt's claim is a dog whistle. It's the same meme used by Reagan when he was braying on about Cadillac Welfare Moms. Except Reagan wasn't a racist. Newt is.

The Welfare program has been rampant with fraud since it was first introduced.

Hell. I know people personally who committ fraud with their EBT card every month. I'm sure there are many thousands out there doing the same thing.

Freeloaders abound on Welfare and the taxpayers are footing the bill.

The Welfare program has been rampant with fraud since it was first introduced.

Hell. I know people personally who committ fraud with their EBT card every month. I'm sure there are many thousands out there doing the same thing.

Freeloaders abound on Welfare and the taxpayers are footing the bill.

STFU, your dumbass is always trying to make the most extreme cases the norm. Most people who get foodstamps spend the money on food and do not defraud the government.

Forum List

Back