Newt Gingrich Changes Views on Gay-Marriage, Says 'Deal with Reality'

Don't believe in gay marriage...don't go to a gay wedding, don't have a gay marriage.

Don't do business with a gay person. Don't bake them wedding cakes, officiate at ceremonies take their picture, paint their portrait, counsel them or rent to them. Don't let your children associate with their children, don't go to their homes, don't invite them to parties. Don't hire them, don't befriend them, let them live their lives as they wish and you live yours as you wish.

Now we have freedom.

All except the no hire part...you are not free to discriminate as an employer.

Employers do it all the time. They are just getting more creative at discriminating.

Don't do business with a gay person. Don't bake them wedding cakes, officiate at ceremonies take their picture, paint their portrait, counsel them or rent to them. Don't let your children associate with their children, don't go to their homes, don't invite them to parties. Don't hire them, don't befriend them, let them live their lives as they wish and you live yours as you wish.

Now we have freedom.

Pretty much every state has Public Accommodation laws and many have sexual orientation included, you are in violation of the law by refusing to provide normal services/products to homosexuals - beyond employment.

>>>>

The lesbian couple that sued me for refusing to paint their wedding portrait found out quite differently. The most productive result was that a photographer who belongs to the same organization as myself used the same tactics to refuse to provide services to a same sex couple and didn't have to using the same grounds as myself. Same sex "rights" isn't helping make the culture more inclusive, but more divided. There really is two Americas who are increasingly having less and less to do with one another. My mechanic refuses to fix the cars of black people. He's been burned too many times so he just made up his mind he wasn't going to do it anymore. It's been years since he made that decision. He can't be sued. It's part of the dividing culture.

That's why children need to be educated. You know, in the Texas Republican Party platform, they say they don't want "critical thinking" taught to children. Because if children think for themselves, right wing indoctrination won't "take".

Texas GOP rejects teaching critical thinking skills to children. - The Washington Post

The Terrifying Texas GOP Platform - Forbes

It's not that (although that link in particular is disturbing).
It's that children don't have the emotional maturity. Their minds are still developing, and when a child hits puberty, their body is reworking itself and releasing hormones. You remember going through it, right? Surely your own experience growing up tells you that while logically you might be mature, emotionally things are different.

Now we have freedom.

Quote from katzndogs:
Employers do it all the time. They are just getting more creative at discriminating.[/QUOTE
S

This may very well be true however the need to be creative is the antithesis of freedom. Thus you do not have the freedom you proclaim.

Last edited:

Pretty much every state has Public Accommodation laws and many have sexual orientation included, you are in violation of the law by refusing to provide normal services/products to homosexuals - beyond employment.

>>>>

The lesbian couple that sued me for refusing to paint their wedding portrait found out quite differently. The most productive result was that a photographer who belongs to the same organization as myself used the same tactics to refuse to provide services to a same sex couple and didn't have to using the same grounds as myself. Same sex "rights" isn't helping make the culture more inclusive, but more divided. There really is two Americas who are increasingly having less and less to do with one another. My mechanic refuses to fix the cars of black people. He's been burned too many times so he just made up his mind he wasn't going to do it anymore. It's been years since he made that decision. He can't be sued. It's part of the dividing culture.

1. Since we (meaning "I") don't know what state you live in the "lesbian couple that sued you finding out different" has no applicability since I clearly said that sexual orientation was not included in all State Public Accommodation laws.

2. Secondly an anecdotal claim has no real validity because, of course you are free to either relate accurate facts and make up a story out of whole cloth.

The fact remains that there are Public Accommodation laws, that a number of States make it illegal for a private business to discriminate based on sexual orientation (along with race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, and/or religion) and that businesses that are dumb enough to be honest in their discrimination have been found in violation of these laws.

Now if a business is smart enough to lie to the customer, then they might not get sued and the business owner just becomes a liar.

>>>>

I agree with source #3. He would have done much better against Obammy and I knew it all along. However he still would have lost. I mean how many real flesh and blood people can run against Santa Claus and win??

It also doesn't help when the candidate is pretty much a confirmed dickhead, like the Newtster is.

Quote from katzndogs:
Employers do it all the time. They are just getting more creative at discriminating.[/QUOTE
S

This may very well be true however the need to be creative is the antithesis of freedom. Thus you do not have the freedom you proclaim.

You have it backwards. We are losing our freedoms. More and more all the time. So we don't have freedom and I never proclaimed that we did. To exercise freedom we must do so furtively, snatching it wherever we can, never openly. Of course forcing someone to conduct their business according to governmental edicts is a loss of their freedom to make their own decisions.

Had the couple that sued me won, would I have been compelled by law to open my paint box and painted their portrait? And keep doing so until I completed a work that met with their approval, That's not freedom. After five months of litigation I won the case against me. Not because I had the freedom to refuse a commission. According to the law, I did not have the freedom to refuse a commission. The lesbians could not prove that I was in the business of providing the service they wanted. Now, I can exercise my own ideas of who I want to do business with. Just like my photographer friend, or my mechanic.

Don't see it. Try again.
The word "dogs" is a translation for the word "homosexual".

Look it up......... :cool:

Imbecile is a translation for Sunni Man. No need to look it up, it's right here on USMB for all to see.

With all the shit he gets from certain wingnuts on here about his religion (which I've actually defended him on, btw), you'd think he'd be less of a wingnut himself. But no, he's right there with the God Hates Fags crowd.

It's fine, though. They lost. We'll be fine. They'll keep bitching.

Of course homosexuals should have the right to conduct their lives as they see fit. They aren't hurting anyone else and when they do, there are criminal penalties for that. The way they choose to live their lives isn't an issue. It's whether the way they conduct their lives should be embraced as an alternative form of normal by the entirety of the people.

No, the issue is should the government be allowed to discriminate against a select group for no compelling government reason violating the who concept of equal protection of the law embodied in the 14th Amendment, the principals of liberty and justice embodied in the Constitutions preamble and what we teach to our children when the conclude the pledge "with liberty and justice for all".

No one is suggesting that the entirety of the people should enter into same-sex relationships.

Gay couples and child molesters are both alternative forms of normalcy. The comparison is correctly made.

No it's not.

One is a relationship between consenting adults that harms no one.

The other is raping a child.

Big difference.

>>>>

The age of majority at which time an individual has the capacity to consent to sex is arbitrary. Lower it to ten, lower it to six, there's no crime. So this rape of children is merely a matter of the calendar.

The issue isn't whether the government will discriminate, it's whether the government will support the individual's right to discriminate against that which the individual considers wrong.

While no one has suggested that everyone be required to enter into same sex relationships, what homosexuals intend is that everyone accept same sex relationships as a form of normalcy and not consider it the perversion that it is.

What the government should do is extend same sex relationship rights to everyone only as far as the government goes and preserve individual rights to say no.

I can recall a time when people thought it was immoral for different races to get married, too. Damn that nasty government for making those people have to accept what they thought was immoral.

IOW, sux to be you, wingnut.

:D

Marriage has always been between man, and women - Adam, and Eve, not Adam an Steve. The queers
wan't to usurp, to commandeer the term to apply normalcy to their demented lifestyle. Marriage is made in heaven - the Holy Bible makes it chrystal clear that homosexuality is abominable!
Newt is concerned about power, and wealth - his maneuver is political; at odds with Jezebel!

Men were able to marry all the way back in ancient Rome. There have been gays as long as there have been people. How old is the Bible?

It's fucking right wingers and their hate that's abominable. It's crystal clear.

Marriage has always been between man, and women - Adam, and Eve, not Adam an Steve. The queers
wan't to usurp, to commandeer the term to apply normalcy to their demented lifestyle. Marriage is made in heaven - the Holy Bible makes it chrystal clear that homosexuality is abominable!
Newt is concerned about power, and wealth - his maneuver is political; at odds with Jezebel!

Sux to be you, too, doesn't it.

>>>>

1. Since we (meaning "I") don't know what state you live in the "lesbian couple that sued you finding out different" has no applicability since I clearly said that sexual orientation was not included in all State Public Accommodation laws.

2. Secondly an anecdotal claim has no real validity because, of course you are free to either relate accurate facts and make up a story out of whole cloth.

The fact remains that there are Public Accommodation laws, that a number of States make it illegal for a private business to discriminate based on sexual orientation (along with race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, and/or religion) and that businesses that are dumb enough to be honest in their discrimination have been found in violation of these laws.

Now if a business is smart enough to lie to the customer, then they might not get sued and the business owner just becomes a liar.

>>>>

My lawsuit was in California. I not only refused to perform the service they asked for but I threw them out of my shop, which the Court said I was entitled to do. What you do not understand is public accommodation laws. Once an accommodation is no longer open to the public, it is no longer subject to public accommodation laws. Although I really have never understood gay resorts in Palm Springs being open to only gay men and getting away with it.

What is happening is that the "public" is going to be limited in doing business, not with the best, or with the most honest, but only those who are willing to do business with them no matter what the level of service or reliability of product is. It could be good or not. This isn't at all going to be important with retail business which is open to all, but in the services.

Men were able to marry all the way back in ancient Rome. There have been gays as long as there have been people. How old is the Bible?

It's fucking right wingers and their hate that's abominable. It's crystal clear.

Men were able to marry in Roman times, the time of the Pharoahs and even the Han Dynasty. Why hasn't it been acceptable since then? Why has this value never been passed on as so many others have?

Why is it that every civilization that fell has never passed on same sex marriage rights? In fact, instead, whatever succeeded the civilizations that accepted same sex marriage rights slaughtered the gays. It won't be any different this time, but it is sad that it will happen. So unnecessary.

Quote from katzndogs:
S

You have it backwards. We are losing our freedoms. More and more all the time. So we don't have freedom and I never proclaimed that we did. To exercise freedom we must do so furtively, snatching it wherever we can, never openly. Of course forcing someone to conduct their business according to governmental edicts is a loss of their freedom to make their own decisions.

Had the couple that sued me won, would I have been compelled by law to open my paint box and painted their portrait? And keep doing so until I completed a work that met with their approval, That's not freedom. After five months of litigation I won the case against me. Not because I had the freedom to refuse a commission. According to the law, I did not have the freedom to refuse a commission. The lesbians could not prove that I was in the business of providing the service they wanted. Now, I can exercise my own ideas of who I want to do business with. Just like my photographer friend, or my mechanic.

More nonsense.

The Commerce Clause clearly authorizes Congress to regulate markets concerning public accommodations. See: US v. Heart of Atlanta Motel (1964). The Constitution is not a ‘government edict,’ it’s the law of the land.

It is unfortunate that all the states do not prohibit discrimination with regard to public accommodations concerning sexual orientation, we can only hope that will change in the future, and it likely will.

Otherwise, your perverted perception of ‘freedom’ is offensive to the basic tenets of the American Nation, it reflects the discriminatory ignorance the Founding Generation fled in the Old World, and sought to prevent in the new nation they created.

When I was a hiring supervisor with my company. I never hired any homos.

For some reason they were always over qualified or under qualified for the job.

Funny how it always seemed to work out that way. :eusa_angel:

When I was a hiring supervisor with my company. I never hired any homos.

For some reason they were always over qualified or under qualified for the job.

Funny how it always seemed to work out that way. :eusa_angel:

Well, honestly, I hope no one ever figures it out... because that sounds like the recipe for a lawsuit....

And how would you "know" they were a Homo?

My last boss, nice lady, worked for her for two years and didn't realize she was a lesbian.

Last edited:
I outwardly followed all of the company guidelines and policies when it came to hiring.

But the final decision was up to me.

As with any large company there was a federally mandated numerical quota that had to be meet when it came to minorities and handicapped.

But thankfully there wasn't a homo quota when it came to hiring. :cool:

I outwardly followed all of the company guidelines and policies when it came to hiring.

But the final decision was up to me.

As with any large company there was a federally mandated numerical quota that had to be meet when it came to minorities and handicapped.

But thankfully there wasn't a homo quota when it came to hiring. :cool:

Again, how did you tell?

Because I worked for some people for years and didn't realize they were gay.

Forum List

Back