News Corp. defends $1 million donation to Republican Governors Association

You're a fool. The obvious link between Murdoc and his media empire and the R's is self serving, and benefits the few and harms the many.
TR would bust the trust owned by Murdoc, but that was a Republican leader with moral integrity and love for his country.
Right...And there's ABSOLUTELY NO link between GE & NBC, and their fawning coverage of the current Emperor and his party's foolhardy policy dictates. :rolleyes:

And TR was the prototype neocon, you tool.

You really are a fool, an ignorant FOOL to be exact. Since you choose not to watch Olbermann or Maddow (why challenge your assumptions) you're unaware of how often they criticize President Obama.
Stay blissful and glib, your willful ignorance is well displayed.

you seriously cannot be making the argument that beck/hannity/orellly are in the tank for R's but Olbermann and Maddow are somehow fair and balanced? I sometimes watch O&M, and the problems they have with the president is that he is not progressive enough.

doesn't GE still own a majority stake in NBC?
wasn't GE's CEO on Obama's economic advisory board?

how much did GE stand to gain by Cap & Trade legislation?
Did he give $1 Million to the Democratic Governor's Association?

By Howard Kurtz
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Rupert Murdoch, who has never been shy about making his political views known, has voted with his sizable checkbook.

Murdoch's News Corp. has made a $1 million donation to the Republican Governors Association, triggering swift criticism from Democrats that a contribution of that magnitude casts a shadow on his media properties, particularly Fox News.

washingtonpost.com

And you wingnuts didn't want to believe that Faux News and the GOP were and the same.......... ROFLMAO...

So?

YOU are the fucking wingnut. You donate to whoever you want and don't be telling others who the fuck they can donate to, you one-sided twit.

Your hypocrisy knows know bounds. You use the Washington Post as a source yet call Fox News "Faux News".

Loser.

Just for the record, all of the following percentages favor the DNC:

Comcast: 64% - 36%
Time Warner: 88% - 12%
Disney: 62% - 36%
GE: 92% - 8%
NEWSCORP (y'know...the guys who own FOX NEWS!): 79% - 19%

TV / Movies / Music: Top Contributors to Federal Candidates and Parties | OpenSecrets

trivia_fail.jpg

And what were those numbers when the R's held Congress and the White House? Remember this, "there are liars, damn liars and statistics".
I believe the overall topic of the thread has to do with News Corp.

<scrollscrollscroll>

Yup...News Corp....The same News Corp that has currently contributed to DEMOCRATICS 79% -19%.

Don't forget to check under your bed, for scaaaaary republicans that might be hiding there tonight! :lol::lol::lol:

Ooooo...And the entire RNC can be bought for a cool million?

Obviously, I'm in the wrong business. :lol::lol::lol:

If my calculations are correct,

a WHOOPING 63.75% of all MAJOR Donations are to the Dumborats,

and with THE major contributor donating almost $15 MILLION,

Rup's mere mil looks like small change, imho.

no he just gave 500k directly to obama. and guess what? he got a role on the advisory board. but i'm sure that won't help GE at all. absolutely not.

That's nothing. I want NBC/GE and this White House fully investigated. Their close relationship is very suspicious and worthy of being investigated. After all,GE does stand to make a whole lot of cash off those possibly coming "Green" contracts no? It's time to look into this cozy relationship in my opinion.

Posted this in another thread, but it fits here too:
General Electric, the parent company of NBC and MSNBC gave $499,000 to the 2008 Obama campaign.

Microsoft, the MS in MSNBC gave $833,000 to the 2008 Obama campaign.

That's a combined $1,332,000 to a single campaign from the joint parent companies of MSNBC.

Top Contributors to Barack Obama | OpenSecrets

This is from the NBC website:
What does MSNBC stand for?
MSNBC is a groundbreaking joint venture from Microsoft and NBC, comprising MSNBC TV and MSNBC on the Internet. The MSNBC concept means that both television viewers and personal-computer users will benefit from a service that offers truly integrated television and interactive news and the kind of dynamic discussion of topical events often found only on talk radio.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/3080269/ns/msnbc_tv-about_msnbc_tv/

That $1.3 million dollar contribution is to a SINGLE CANDIDATE.

News Corps $1 million contribution went to the Republican Governors and will be split over several candidates.​

where the outrage from the left? :lol:

i love it.
fox news is at the same time home of bigoted islamaphobic right wing nuts..and controlled by saudi arabian princes.

I have always called for the investigation of GE/NBC and this White House. Their relationship is very suspicious. Hopefully these investigations will eventually take place.

Last edited:
Posted this in another thread, but it fits here too:
General Electric, the parent company of NBC and MSNBC gave $499,000 to the 2008 Obama campaign.

Microsoft, the MS in MSNBC gave $833,000 to the 2008 Obama campaign.

That's a combined $1,332,000 to a single campaign from the joint parent companies of MSNBC.

Top Contributors to Barack Obama | OpenSecrets

This is from the NBC website:
What does MSNBC stand for?
MSNBC is a groundbreaking joint venture from Microsoft and NBC, comprising MSNBC TV and MSNBC on the Internet. The MSNBC concept means that both television viewers and personal-computer users will benefit from a service that offers truly integrated television and interactive news and the kind of dynamic discussion of topical events often found only on talk radio.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/3080269/ns/msnbc_tv-about_msnbc_tv/

That $1.3 million dollar contribution is to a SINGLE CANDIDATE.

News Corps $1 million contribution went to the Republican Governors and will be split over several candidates.​

where the outrage from the left? :lol:

Give them a few minutes...they need time to communicate with Hufpo and Kos and received their instructions on how to spin this as completely different.

That could take awhile.

Forum List

Back