billyerock1991

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2012
News about Texas Voter ID Law
bing.com/news
upload_2016-7-21_10-22-56.jpeg
US appeals court: Texas voter ID lawis discriminatory
Reuters on MSN.com · 20 hours ago
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit has struck down a strict voter ID law in Texas, ruling that it violates the Voting Rights Act.

when are these republicans are going to understand what the constitution says ... every time you turn around they seem to be violating it ... they lose trying to force illegal laws on voters ... they lose trying to force plan parenthood to comply to their illegal law ... then they lose on trying to convict Hillary on her email ...when are they going to learn

bing.com/news
View attachment 82393
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit has struck down a strict voter ID law in Texas, ruling that it violates the Voting Rights Act.

when are these republicans are going to understand what the constitution says ... every time you turn around they seem to be violating it ... they lose trying to force illegal laws on voters ... they lose trying to force plan parenthood to comply to their illegal law ... then they lose on trying to convict Hillary on her email ...when are they going to learn
But wait! Republicans are always suggesting they are the ones who follow the constitution. What does it say when their anti voting bills are struck down as UNconstitutional?

U.S. District Judge Nelva Gonzales Ramos. Texas imposed the requirements “with an unconstitutional discriminatory purpose," she ruled, and the law "constitutes an unconstitutional poll tax.”

WHAT??? Republicans doing things that are unconstitutional? I don't believe it! LOL

The solution is to provide taxpayer-funded photo IDs for all registered voters. In fact, you can't vote without a Voter registration so why not put a photo on them?

bing.com/news
View attachment 82393

But wait! Republicans are always suggesting they are the ones who follow the constitution. What does it say when their anti voting bills are struck down as UNconstitutional?

Yeah, Democrats are so constitutional.....er want something...use the court!!!!!!!
And protecting life and making sure people who vote are who they really are aren't unconstitutional

The solution is to provide taxpayer-funded photo IDs for all registered voters. In fact, you can't vote without a Voter registration so why not put a photo on them?
The gummit has no constitutional role in helping these non-whites vote. grrrrrrrrr.

Why is this a racial issue?

Do black.people not need an photo ID to drive, get passports govt benefits?

The gummit has no constitutional role in helping these non-whites vote. grrrrrrrrr.

Why is this a racial issue?

Do black.people not need an photo ID to drive, get passports govt benefits?
According to the article, the judgment wasn't against the act but the results:

"The court ruled 9-6 that the law had a discriminatory effect. The judges were divided differently on other parts of the ruling.

"We acknowledge the charged nature of accusations of racism, particularly against a legislative body, but we must also face the sad truth that racism continues to exist in our modern American society despite years of laws designed to eradicate it," the court said.

Challengers of the Texas law say that up to 600,000 people would be unable to vote if the law was fully in effect.
"

when are these republicans are going to understand what the constitution says
What DOES the constitution say about the requirement for a voter to present an ID?
nuttin.

You ever tried Steel Panthers? Not looking for a player, but I bought myself the new matrix games edition that plays on Windows10. It's been a long time since I played. I'm looking for earlier editions of the players' manual that I must have around the house.

You ever tried Steel Panthers?
Played it quite a bit. Unfortunately the versions I had do not work well with a modern CPU.
If there's a new release for Win10, maybe that's changed.
Yeah. Works great. Matrix Games. They generally send out discount coupons in email on holidays, if you register.

The game manual that came with it doesn't have stuff like basic terrain value charts. Pain in the azz. I thought of it because I think they put data to the new ed. form the old board game to reflect armor values and such.

Played it quite a bit. Unfortunately the versions I had do not work well with a modern CPU.
Yeah. Works great. Matrix Games. They generally send out discount coupons in email on holidays, if you register.
The game manual that came with it doesn't have stuff like basic terrain value charts. Pain in the azz.
I'll have to give it a look.
Ever played World of Tanks or War Thunder?

The game manual that came with it doesn't have stuff like basic terrain value charts. Pain in the azz.
I'll have to give it a look.
Ever played World of Tanks or War Thunder?

Nope. I'll look it up. In looking for a game manual, I saw sites where old games have been updated for newer OPs. dunno if it works.

You ever tried Steel Panthers? Not looking for a player, but I bought myself the new matrix games edition that plays on Windows10. It's been a long time since I played. I'm looking for earlier editions of the players' manual that I must have around the house.
Not the comedy metal band? :p

A link to a free download version plus the $40 one: winSPWW2

yeah I downloaded the free one. It didn't work so well, but my home desktop is older than a Yugo.

yeah I downloaded the free one. It didn't work so well, but my home desktop is older than a Yugo.
I use a Dell Netbook 2120 since I don't have to pull it out of my bag every time I go through TSA security. It works well enough and is cheap; about $50-120. It has no CD-ROM drive, but you can attach an external drive to one of the 3 USB ports for uploading programs. Mine has a 250 GB harddrive.

Amazon.com : Dell Latitude 2120 Laptop, Intel 1.5ghz 2gb Ram 250gb Hdd, 10.1" : Computers & Accessories

bing.com/news
View attachment 82393

Yeah, Democrats are so constitutional.....er want something...use the court!!!!!!!
And protecting life and making sure people who vote are who they really are aren't unconstitutional

We've been telling you that the GOP's voter ID laws were purposely meant to discourage voters. You guys denied that but now the courts have confirmed we were right. There really isn't anything to argue at this point. You guys got BUSTED!!!

A federal appeals court has ruled that a Texas voter ID law has a discriminatory effect on minority voters. A district court had found not only that the law discriminated, but that it was intentionally designed to do so.

Part of that has to do with the type of photo IDs the Legislature designated as legitimate. For example, military IDs and concealed handgun carry permits — they're lawful to vote. But state employee photo IDs and university photo IDs are not. So the Legislature approved ID cards that were more likely to be held by white Republican voters and excluded IDs that were more likely to be held by minority Democrats.

And you’ve been wrong all along. The Texas law first took effect in 2011; a judge's order later struck it down, but that order has been on hold since October of 2014. Last summer the 5th Circuit ruled unanimously that the law does not equate to a "poll tax" but does discriminate against minority voters.

Part of that has to do with the type of photo IDs the Legislature designated as legitimate. For example, military IDs and concealed handgun carry permits — they're lawful to vote. But state employee photo IDs and university photo IDs are not. So the Legislature approved ID cards that were more likely to be held by white Republican voters and excluded IDs that were more likely to be held by minority Democrats.
All of that beside the point that state-issued drivers' licenses and state IDs were accepted forms of ID.... and the form of ID most often used to obtain an state employee and university ID.

All of that beside the point that state-issued drivers' licenses and state IDs were accepted forms of ID.... and the form of ID most often used to obtain an state employee and university ID.
Then why NOT allow university ID's but DO allow Handgun permits?

And besides, I'm not a judge and neither are you. The judges heard all the arguments and they ruled. Now isn't the time for you to keep flapping your jaws. You're wrong and guilty.

Forum List

Back