New York Passes Bill Giving Congress a Way to Get Trump’s State Tax Returns

It would violate several federal privacy acts so no go and fake.

The State can pass any bill they want. Doesn't mean anything.

They can't break Fed law and if they try it will go nowhere.

Good luck to the brainless dweebs.

What Federal law prevents a state from giving a State Tax form to the Fed Govt?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

If they can do it let them but I bet it lands in court for a few years.

Oh and I doubt the House Dems are really interested in the NY State tax returns. I think they want his world business tax returns.

What state do you think his business is headquartered in??

It may be in NY. I don't know. It could be somewhere else. Time will tell.

It would violate several federal privacy acts so no go and fake.

Oh and I doubt the House Dems are really interested in the NY State tax returns. I think they want his world business tax returns.

Are you really this uninformed? Have you never heard of Trump Tower? The Trump Tower that houses the headquarters for his company?

Do you think this type of lawmaking is just a bad idea?

To me, when you make laws that in intent is for just one individual, that seems to flaunt the intent of the “Equal Protection” clause.

Love the outside the box thinking, I think is could be dangerous.
It does seem to skirt the edges of the "bill of attainder" prohibition in the US Constitution.
Damn it, I had to look that up. And you are right.

Are you really this uninformed? Have you never heard of Trump Tower? The Trump Tower that houses the headquarters for his company?

Sure I've heard of Trump towers. There are Trump towers built all over. Just wasn't aware NY was his headquartesr. Thanks for the info.

It will still land it court and if I know anything about how long the court process can take it could be years before its resolved.

Last edited:

New York State lawmakers on Wednesday gave their final approval to a bill that would clear a path for Congress to obtain President Trump’s state tax returns, injecting another element into a tortuous battle over the president’s refusal to release his taxes.

The bill, which is expected to be signed by Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, a third-term Democrat and regular critic of Mr. Trump’s policies and behavior, will authorize state tax officials to release the president’s state returns to any one of three congressional committees.

The returns — filed in New York, the president’s home state and business headquarters — would likely contain much of the same information as the contested federal returns, though it remained unclear whether those congressional committees would use such new power in their investigations.

We live in interesting times...

This , of course, will go to court and the libs really don't want to win this case.

That's because there is really nothing in the returns which is incriminating, and further, it opens the door to have their own financial records exposed.

Right now, they are getting the maximum amount of demagoguery possible from this phony issue. If they actually were to see and expose the Trump tax returns, it would be a real letdown

New York State lawmakers on Wednesday gave their final approval to a bill that would clear a path for Congress to obtain President Trump’s state tax returns, injecting another element into a tortuous battle over the president’s refusal to release his taxes.

The bill, which is expected to be signed by Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, a third-term Democrat and regular critic of Mr. Trump’s policies and behavior, will authorize state tax officials to release the president’s state returns to any one of three congressional committees.

The returns — filed in New York, the president’s home state and business headquarters — would likely contain much of the same information as the contested federal returns, though it remained unclear whether those congressional committees would use such new power in their investigations.

State governments can not overrule federal law, you dumb fucking moron.

Trumpers claim they are for limited government & now you go screaming about the feds; make up your tiny mind.

This , of course, will go to court and the libs really don't want to win this case.

That's because there is really nothing in the returns which is incriminating, and further, it opens the door to have their own financial records exposed.

Right now, they are getting the maximum amount of demagoguery possible from this phony issue. If they actually were to see and expose the Trump tax returns, it would be a real letdown

I agree. Once they open that door then all of their financial info could be questioned. You can bet may of them don't want that.

You can bet Trump has been audited both personally and professionally many times.

If there were anything to find the IRS would have found it. The IRS is pretty damned good at finding what others don't want found.

Have to see how this plays out.

State governments can not overrule federal law, you dumb fucking moron.

Trumpers claim they are for limited government & now you go screaming about the feds; make up your tiny mind.

The only Fed's anyone on this board is screaming about are the nut cake Dems who currently hold the House and are acting like camp fire girls with their skits on fire.

Of course the dummies are paving the way for a win by Trump in 2020. I for one hope they keep up their stupidity all through 2019.

God bless them every one. LOL

So you've seen his tax returns and know there is nothing incriminating in them. Sure thing, Boogie.

So why is it necessary to pass a new law?

Would it be because there is no law to compel the President to comply to these absurd requests from Demoncrats?

That's wrong. Tax returns are private and no government should be allowed to force an individual to release them. Trump's a liar who promised he would release them and then reneged on that promise, but that his prerogative. This is a bad precedent.

Totally agree with you. Also the law is targeted at just one person, which is also disturbing. This will eroded our rights quicker than anything.

That's wrong. Tax returns are private and no government should be allowed to force an individual to release them. Trump's a liar who promised he would release them and then reneged on that promise, but that his prerogative. This is a bad precedent.

Totally agree with you. Also the law is targeted at just one person, which is also disturbing. This will eroded our rights quicker than anything.

Judge Napolitano said this morning that the NY law will be struck down as unconstitutional.

/----/ So a judge just ruled the president has to turn over his personal papers....
So please explain where the president in his personal capacity loses the protections of the 4th and 5th Amendments?

So you've seen his tax returns and know there is nothing incriminating in them. Sure thing, Boogie.

No, I haven't seen his tax returns. But Tax Experts for the New York Revenue Department as well as the IRS have gone over them with a fine toothed comb. The fact that Donald J. Trump is wearing a dark suit, white shirt and either blue or red solid tie this morning and isn't in an orange jumpsuit, tells me that the returns are fine.

You see, I'm not a tax expert,

I cannot wait for the next Democrat president. Just investigate him so he cannot do anything. Way to set the new rules!
Like Republicans did to Clinton.
Republicans worked with Clinton. I have never seen this kind of childish behavior being done by our representatives. The almost three year 30 million dollar investigation proved Trump didn't do anything. Instead of saying okay let's do work for all Americans. They decide to still go after Trump. Oh and the Clinton's withheld evidence and Trump didn't.

I cannot wait for the next Democrat president. Just investigate him so he cannot do anything. Way to set the new rules!
Like Republicans did to Clinton.
Republicans worked with Clinton. I have never seen this kind of childish behavior being done by our representatives. The almost three year 30 million dollar investigation proved Trump didn't do anything. Instead of saying okay let's do work for all Americans. They decide to still go after Trump. Oh and the Clinton's withheld evidence and Trump didn't.
"Republicans worked with Clinton. I have never seen this kind of childish behavior being done by our representatives."

Like Republicans did to Obama.

Forum List

Back