New windows update causing computer to continually reboot?

[
All of my Win 10 upgrades have gone flawlessly, every single one and supposedly Win 10 is the last "version" Microsucks is putting out, they apparently will be upgrading the OS from here till eternity.

They said the same thing with XP, but technology changes. They will have to change the kernel at some point to address new hardware.

Longhorn is a great kernel, by far the best ever built, by anyone. But it is designed for the Core architecture, it is optimized for that family of Intel computing products. When Intel exhausts the Core line, MS will have to redesign their Kernel.
I think they may be taking a Linux approach to upgrades which includes "upgrading" kernels but I agree with you that even such an approach has it's own flaws and shortcomings and can only be sustained for a relatively short period of time. Eventually they'll have to come out with a completely new version.

[

That isn't it. Hardware manufacturers write their own drivers to interface with Windows and these drivers almost always work well.

:lmao:

Faulty drivers are the #1 cause of issues. So bad are many hardware makers that Microsoft instituted the WHQL program to certify driver compliance to the operating system. Large vendors such as Nvidia, AMD, and Intel do indeed write their own drivers, most smaller vendors rely on Microsoft to provide drivers. USB has been a big player in this by standardizing communication protocols.

And Microsoft is the one forcing people to upgrade and with Windows 10 people are actually tricked or ignored and their computer is upgraded even against their wishes.

Complete nonsense.

First off, the free upgrade to Windows 1o has expired, those seeking the features of the newer OS will now have to pay for them. Secondly, during the year that it was offered free, not only was it entirely voluntary, but there was a 30 day roll back that would put people back on Windows 7.

What company has a meeting and decides it's best to force people to do something. Immediately after a forced upgrade to 10 I removed it and did a complete reformat of the HD. I paid for this pc, nobody is going to force me to do anything. There are specific 'updates' that you can delete or pre-empitvely keep your pc from downloading. That anyone has to do this with Microsoft is the issue. They have a very bizarre way of doing things.

You are spewing shit. there was no "forced" upgrade.

It is bizarre that you feel compelled to make claims that are patently false, particularly given that it is clear that you have little knowledge of the subject.

You just are ignorant on this subject. Which is your right I suppose. An easy search renders everything you just said wrong and mute.

But fact is not your forte, best you stick to opinion. Others here know of the Windows 10 forced upgrade but you don't. Again, no crime but you are like some other posters who think your opinion trumps fact. Sorry, only in con bubble-land.

I'm sure there is an HRC conspiracy thread nearby, go be with your people.
Uuuummmm, no. Everything he posted was true. I can do the same Google search and get boatloads of Microsoft conspiracy crap including "forced upgrades" so yeah, I can find the same bull shit you and everyone else can. Heck I can find sites claiming lizard people from outer space have taken over our government, doesn't make it true.
The upgrade was never forced, there was a 30 day rollback option (I know, I used it twice) and Win 10 is no longer free after the one year offer, that's all over the internet specifically on legitimate tech related sites. Oh and you're getting this from someone who hates Microsucks with a passion, me.

Microsoft did a forced upgrade on my pc, and many others, it is common knowledge.

I'm sure you can find a conspiracy for just about whatever YOU want to find a conspiracy for. There are a number of people on this site that argue just to argue. There aren't any facts here that are in question. Sorry. You're just looking to argue about nothing.

Carry on if that makes you feel good.

[

That isn't it. Hardware manufacturers write their own drivers to interface with Windows and these drivers almost always work well.

Faulty drivers are the #1 cause of issues. So bad are many hardware makers that Microsoft instituted the WHQL program to certify driver compliance to the operating system. Large vendors such as Nvidia, AMD, and Intel do indeed write their own drivers, most smaller vendors rely on Microsoft to provide drivers. USB has been a big player in this by standardizing communication protocols.

And Microsoft is the one forcing people to upgrade and with Windows 10 people are actually tricked or ignored and their computer is upgraded even against their wishes.

Complete nonsense.

First off, the free upgrade to Windows 1o has expired, those seeking the features of the newer OS will now have to pay for them. Secondly, during the year that it was offered free, not only was it entirely voluntary, but there was a 30 day roll back that would put people back on Windows 7.

What company has a meeting and decides it's best to force people to do something. Immediately after a forced upgrade to 10 I removed it and did a complete reformat of the HD. I paid for this pc, nobody is going to force me to do anything. There are specific 'updates' that you can delete or pre-empitvely keep your pc from downloading. That anyone has to do this with Microsoft is the issue. They have a very bizarre way of doing things.

It is bizarre that you feel compelled to make claims that are patently false, particularly given that it is clear that you have little knowledge of the subject.

You just are ignorant on this subject. Which is your right I suppose. An easy search renders everything you just said wrong and mute.

But fact is not your forte, best you stick to opinion. Others here know of the Windows 10 forced upgrade but you don't. Again, no crime but you are like some other posters who think your opinion trumps fact. Sorry, only in con bubble-land.

Uuuummmm, no. Everything he posted was true. I can do the same Google search and get boatloads of Microsoft conspiracy crap including "forced upgrades" so yeah, I can find the same bull shit you and everyone else can. Heck I can find sites claiming lizard people from outer space have taken over our government, doesn't make it true.
The upgrade was never forced, there was a 30 day rollback option (I know, I used it twice) and Win 10 is no longer free after the one year offer, that's all over the internet specifically on legitimate tech related sites. Oh and you're getting this from someone who hates Microsucks with a passion, me.

Microsoft did a forced upgrade on my pc, and many others, it is common knowledge.

I'm sure you can find a conspiracy for just about whatever YOU want to find a conspiracy for. There are a number of people on this site that argue just to argue. There aren't any facts here that are in question. Sorry. You're just looking to argue about nothing.

Bull shit. You, and others are blaming Microsucks for you not reading the upgrade notices that came with EVERY upgrade offering the option to upgrade or not. Of course that doesn't mean Microsucks wasn't persistent, it was but there were ways of stopping that, I and other posted it here and all over the internet. If your computer upgraded and you didn't want it to then to locate the culprit you need to look no farther than the mirror. Stop blaming others for your failures. :thup:

[

Complete nonsense.

Bull shit. You, and others are blaming Microsucks for you not reading the upgrade notices that came with EVERY upgrade offering the option to upgrade or not. Of course that doesn't mean Microsucks wasn't persistent, it was but there were ways of stopping that, I and other posted it here and all over the internet. If your computer upgraded and you didn't want it to then to locate the culprit you need to look no farther than the mirror. Stop blaming others for your failures. :thup:

Good shit you are one angry peck. Go have a popsicle and chill out Barney.

Complete nonsense.

Good shit you are one angry peck. Go have a popsicle and chill out Barney.
Angry??!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
You had to click yes to download the upgrade, click yes to agree to install the upgrade and click yes to actually install it.......... That means you didn't read the upgrade notices that came with it......
Oh and I upgraded 20 PCs (mine and others) to Win 10, I'm intimately familiar with the process. Besides if it was "forced" as you claim then you have a legitimate legal claim against Microsucks, go ahead and sue............ :cuckoo:

Not content with merely being self-destructive, MS now wants all your computer so self destruct. Misery, one might guess, doth company love.

Remember, friends don't let friends do Windows.

Not content with merely being self-destructive, MS now wants all your computer so self destruct. Misery, one might guess, doth company love.

There is a simple way to stop Microsucks driver updates in settings. I've posted a simple way to disable Cortana, uninstall all M$ bloatware and block Microsuck's telemetry (spying).

It is...and many of it's "evils" are hidden.
Cortana is a data mining machine. Literally turning everything you do on your computer into sellable data to target advertisers. Right on the agreement you have to click yes to states M$ can and will download and use everything you do including photos and content of email.
I have disabled through back door methods TWICE to shut Cortana off...but every time the damn thing updates - M$ turns Cortona back on.

No different than Apple has been doing for a decade, or Google, or Bing, or Yahoo.

Everyone tracks your browsing habits.

Not even close...M$ datamines what you do OFFLINE as well as online.
It is wone thing for a company to data mine your online activity...it is something VERY-VERY-VERY-VERY different to mine your activity and copy your files off the computer itself.

Case in point...I make beer. Have for years...I made some purchases from my PC to Northern Brewer, as well as I am a member of Homebrewtalk.com... I bought a new boiler pot. THAT NIGHT...I looked opened face book on my KINDLE...and the first ad was a competitive boiler pot.... talk about a "whatdafu..." moment.

There is a simple way to stop Microsucks driver updates in settings. I've posted a simple way to disable Cortana, uninstall all M$ bloatware and block Microsuck's telemetry (spying).

You have...and I use them...appreciated.
However...any update turns it back on. As well as it randomly turns itself back on every week or so. So I go through the process again - turns off...rinse/repeat.

However...any update turns it back on. As well as it randomly turns itself back on every week or so. So I go through the process again - turns off...rinse/repeat.
Interesting, other than the accursed updates where Microsucks tries to turn everything back on and reinstall bloatware I've never once had Cortana randomly turn itself back on. :dunno:

Interesting, other than the accursed updates where Microsucks tries to turn everything back on and reinstall bloatware I've never once had Cortana randomly turn itself back on. :dunno:

really?...hmm...what the heck...obviously I have some auto update somewhere...dammit...right now on the little "messages" icon nera th eclock I have a message..."restart required...we'll restart your device outside of active hours"...how do I stop this shit??? Jesus...

really?...hmm...what the heck...obviously I have some auto update somewhere...dammit...right now on the little "messages" icon nera th eclock I have a message..."restart required...we'll restart your device outside of active hours"...how do I stop this shit??? Jesus...
Auto updates are not stoppable you can only chose when they are installed (one thing about Win 10 I still hate) as for Cortana being randomly turned back on....... Did you install the telemetry rules for Windows Firewall? Do you use Windows Firewall? I use the firewall.

Downloads / Other / Block Telemetry Rules file for Windows 10

One other thing...since Win10 my battery life is at least only 1/3 what it use to be.
Numerous times when the screen is closed...I will see the laptop come to life with HD activity.
I am confident I have no virus/spyware...well..other than the OS itself I mean.

Auto updates are not stoppable you can only chose when they are installed (one thing about Win 10 I still hate) as for Cortana being randomly turned back on....... Did you install the telemetry rules for Windows Firewall? Do you use Windows Firewall? I use the firewall.

Is this different than the link before? I don't remember this one...

Is this different than the link before? I don't remember this one...
No, should be the same but apparently it only works with Windows Firewall, (at least I don't know if it works with any other firewall). :dunno:

One other thing...since Win10 my battery life is at least only 1/3 what it use to be.
Numerous times when the screen is closed...I will see the laptop come to life with HD activity.
I am confident I have no virus/spyware...well..other than the OS itself I mean.
On rare occasions I have seen my sleeping computer wake up on it's own, I can find no virus/spyware either so it might be a peripheral waking it up. Check your settings for what is allowed to wake it up, in my case it was the wifi so if there was an update notification it would wake up. I also checked my modem traffic just in case someone was trying to hack into my wifi.

This morning when i turned on the comp it would just keep shutting off and rebooting. I called a computer repair place and they told me windows put out a new update, i think he called it panamerican, and the new update is causing alot of computers to do this. I hit f-11 right after turning it on after calling the man and went to system restore and went back to august and wiped out all the sept updates. I then disabled windows from automatically updating. When system restore was done the comp restarted and everything was fine, but when i got home from work and turned it on it did the same thing. This time i hit f-8 and went to safe mode and selected "start up from last known good configuration" and again its working fine. Will that solve the problem? If not what else can i do?
Thanks for any help.

Yeah, that sucks.

It' the Windows 10 Anniversary update.

The easiest way to fix it is to hit F8 as soon as you see any text, and select repair. Roll back to the last known good configuration. This will get your machine running, but it will not get the update loaded. I have several machines that it simply will not load on. I've had my techs spend hours on the phone with Microsoft, and we still don't have a solution.

thanks. when i hit F-8 i should then hit repair or is last known good configuration the same as repair? once i do that the reboot problem will be resolved?

This morning when i turned on the comp it would just keep shutting off and rebooting. I called a computer repair place and they told me windows put out a new update, i think he called it panamerican, and the new update is causing alot of computers to do this. I hit f-11 right after turning it on after calling the man and went to system restore and went back to august and wiped out all the sept updates. I then disabled windows from automatically updating. When system restore was done the comp restarted and everything was fine, but when i got home from work and turned it on it did the same thing. This time i hit f-8 and went to safe mode and selected "start up from last known good configuration" and again its working fine. Will that solve the problem? If not what else can i do?
Thanks for any help.

Yeah, that sucks.

It' the Windows 10 Anniversary update.

The easiest way to fix it is to hit F8 as soon as you see any text, and select repair. Roll back to the last known good configuration. This will get your machine running, but it will not get the update loaded. I have several machines that it simply will not load on. I've had my techs spend hours on the phone with Microsoft, and we still don't have a solution.

thanks. when i hit F-8 i should then hit repair or is last known good configuration the same as repair? once i do that the reboot problem will be resolved?
The last known configuration should be the one just before the Anniversary update (which is what caused the problem in the first place). Here's the problem for later on, don't know if you can stop it from updating again and possibly having the same problem plus doing a repair may or may not do a complete repair and supposedly you only have ten days from the day you upgraded.
There have been multiple horror stories from the Anniversary update, thankfully I've experienced none of them (newer computers). Some have claimed that doing a fresh install fixes all the issues.
As for blocking the Anniversary update I just discovered this;
If you’re on a Wi-Fi connection, you can use the metered connection trick to keep the Anniversary Update off your machine. If you have Windows 10 Pro, you can bypass the forced update to Win10 Anniversary Update by clicking Start > Settings > Update & recovery > Advanced Options and check the box marked Defer upgrades.

The case against Windows 10 Anniversary Update grows

thanks. what do yo mean about 10 days? I did see where i can opt do block windows updates from automatically updating in my settings. also, how do i uninstall a windows update?

So far so good. I did the start up from last known good configuration and it loaded fine without rebooting. I then shut down the comp and started it up again and it loaded up again without rebooting. I also went and selected "check for updates but let me choose whether to install them" in my settings.

Forum List

Back