New windows update causing computer to continually reboot?

This morning when i turned on the comp it would just keep shutting off and rebooting. I called a computer repair place and they told me windows put out a new update, i think he called it panamerican, and the new update is causing alot of computers to do this. I hit f-11 right after turning it on after calling the man and went to system restore and went back to august and wiped out all the sept updates. I then disabled windows from automatically updating. When system restore was done the comp restarted and everything was fine, but when i got home from work and turned it on it did the same thing. This time i hit f-8 and went to safe mode and selected "start up from last known good configuration" and again its working fine. Will that solve the problem? If not what else can i do?
Thanks for any help.

You must be using Windows 10. I have Windows 7, an excellent operating system. Microsoft pestered me for months to get a free upgrade to Windows 10 that I repeatedly refused. I bought a back up for my old laptop and it had Windows 8, an unmitigated disaster and why fix something that is not broke?

would they have changed me to windows 10 without me knowing? can i change it to windows 7 myself?

It's hard to believe Microsoft, which has really unlimited funds, could continually get their flagship product wrong. XP so far has been the gold standard for Windows OS, 7 wasn't bad either, the rest delete to trash bin.

Why does this company, who can hire ANYONE, always get this wrong? I know it is a huge program with likely 50 million lines of code but they can't figure this out in 30 years? They tried the stealth force to upgrade to Windows 10 thing a while back which was also a colossal screw up. Why can't these people hire smart people who know how to make this work properly?

Once, twice, ok things happen. But over 30 years?

They are too big.
In the 1970's IBM had the same issues, but they were also just about the only game in town also.
When Apple had their sh*t together, their enormous success was due to how they developed software/products...instead of dividing up tasks between 50 departments...each department was wholly responsible for everything that had to do with whatever they were responsible for. M$ splits the OS into 100 pcs. with a myriad of people doing each "thumbnail" and then they put it all together.
That's why

Windows 10 is the devil.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

It is...and many of it's "evils" are hidden.
Cortana is a data mining machine. Literally turning everything you do on your computer into sellable data to target advertisers. Right on the agreement you have to click yes to states M$ can and will download and use everything you do including photos and content of email.
I have disabled through back door methods TWICE to shut Cortana off...but every time the damn thing updates - M$ turns Cortona back on.

This morning when i turned on the comp it would just keep shutting off and rebooting. I called a computer repair place and they told me windows put out a new update, i think he called it panamerican, and the new update is causing alot of computers to do this. I hit f-11 right after turning it on after calling the man and went to system restore and went back to august and wiped out all the sept updates. I then disabled windows from automatically updating. When system restore was done the comp restarted and everything was fine, but when i got home from work and turned it on it did the same thing. This time i hit f-8 and went to safe mode and selected "start up from last known good configuration" and again its working fine. Will that solve the problem? If not what else can i do?
Thanks for any help.

You must be using Windows 10. I have Windows 7, an excellent operating system. Microsoft pestered me for months to get a free upgrade to Windows 10 that I repeatedly refused. I bought a back up for my old laptop and it had Windows 8, an unmitigated disaster and why fix something that is not broke?

would they have changed me to windows 10 without me knowing? can i change it to windows 7 myself?

No. They don't change OS on you. You have to install "new or different" wiping out existing.

I thought they quit support on Vista? not sure? I am sure some expert here could help you? I had a "homemade" desktop on Vista and it cahght on fire. Lol! Nothing caused by Vista of course.

I suppose you could try restore backwards to last known working? Then turn off auto-updates?

Thanks for any help.

Yeah, that sucks.

It' the Windows 10 Anniversary update.

The easiest way to fix it is to hit F8 as soon as you see any text, and select repair. Roll back to the last known good configuration. This will get your machine running, but it will not get the update loaded. I have several machines that it simply will not load on. I've had my techs spend hours on the phone with Microsoft, and we still don't have a solution.

It's hard to believe Microsoft, which has really unlimited funds, could continually get their flagship product wrong. XP so far has been the gold standard for Windows OS, 7 wasn't bad either, the rest delete to trash bin.

Why does this company, who can hire ANYONE, always get this wrong? I know it is a huge program with likely 50 million lines of code but they can't figure this out in 30 years? They tried the stealth force to upgrade to Windows 10 thing a while back which was also a colossal screw up. Why can't these people hire smart people who know how to make this work properly?

It's because the OS runs on literally millions of different configurations of hardware.

Cortana is a data mining machine. Literally turning everything you do on your computer into sellable data to target advertisers. Right on the agreement you have to click yes to states M$ can and will download and use everything you do including photos and content of email.
I have disabled through back door methods TWICE to shut Cortana off...but every time the damn thing updates - M$ turns Cortona back on.

No different than Apple has been doing for a decade, or Google, or Bing, or Yahoo.

Everyone tracks your browsing habits.

It's because the OS runs on literally millions of different configurations of hardware.

That isn't it. Hardware manufacturers write their own drivers to interface with Windows and these drivers almost always work well.

And Microsoft is the one forcing people to upgrade and with Windows 10 people are actually tricked or ignored and their computer is upgraded even against their wishes. What company has a meeting and decides it's best to force people to do something. Immediately after a forced upgrade to 10 I removed it and did a complete reformat of the HD. I paid for this pc, nobody is going to force me to do anything. There are specific 'updates' that you can delete or pre-empitvely keep your pc from downloading. That anyone has to do this with Microsoft is the issue. They have a very bizarre way of doing things.

Windows 10 is the devil.

I'm still using Windows 7 on my personal machines. I've installed it on a few clients' windows 10 machines as well. It's he'll every time.

I have WIN10 also. I see I also had some updates about a week back.

CHROME was hung up when I took PC out of sleep 30 min ago......but I had left CHROME with 4 pages open to sites........so I thought little of it. But I don't remember that problem before?

i had some problems with chrome wanting to close

but the issue has been resolved

Never let Windows update, it always breaks something. Last time I let Windows update, it broke the right-click menu that opens when you right-click a file, causing it to crash Windows Explorer every time I tried to open said Right-Click menu. It's probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen Windows break.

[

That isn't it. Hardware manufacturers write their own drivers to interface with Windows and these drivers almost always work well.

:lmao:

Faulty drivers are the #1 cause of issues. So bad are many hardware makers that Microsoft instituted the WHQL program to certify driver compliance to the operating system. Large vendors such as Nvidia, AMD, and Intel do indeed write their own drivers, most smaller vendors rely on Microsoft to provide drivers. USB has been a big player in this by standardizing communication protocols.

And Microsoft is the one forcing people to upgrade and with Windows 10 people are actually tricked or ignored and their computer is upgraded even against their wishes.

Complete nonsense.

First off, the free upgrade to Windows 1o has expired, those seeking the features of the newer OS will now have to pay for them. Secondly, during the year that it was offered free, not only was it entirely voluntary, but there was a 30 day roll back that would put people back on Windows 7.

What company has a meeting and decides it's best to force people to do something. Immediately after a forced upgrade to 10 I removed it and did a complete reformat of the HD. I paid for this pc, nobody is going to force me to do anything. There are specific 'updates' that you can delete or pre-empitvely keep your pc from downloading. That anyone has to do this with Microsoft is the issue. They have a very bizarre way of doing things.

You are spewing shit. there was no "forced" upgrade.

It is bizarre that you feel compelled to make claims that are patently false, particularly given that it is clear that you have little knowledge of the subject.

[

Faulty drivers are the #1 cause of issues. So bad are many hardware makers that Microsoft instituted the WHQL program to certify driver compliance to the operating system. Large vendors such as Nvidia, AMD, and Intel do indeed write their own drivers, most smaller vendors rely on Microsoft to provide drivers. USB has been a big player in this by standardizing communication protocols.

And Microsoft is the one forcing people to upgrade and with Windows 10 people are actually tricked or ignored and their computer is upgraded even against their wishes.

Complete nonsense.

First off, the free upgrade to Windows 1o has expired, those seeking the features of the newer OS will now have to pay for them. Secondly, during the year that it was offered free, not only was it entirely voluntary, but there was a 30 day roll back that would put people back on Windows 7.

What company has a meeting and decides it's best to force people to do something. Immediately after a forced upgrade to 10 I removed it and did a complete reformat of the HD. I paid for this pc, nobody is going to force me to do anything. There are specific 'updates' that you can delete or pre-empitvely keep your pc from downloading. That anyone has to do this with Microsoft is the issue. They have a very bizarre way of doing things.

It is bizarre that you feel compelled to make claims that are patently false, particularly given that it is clear that you have little knowledge of the subject.

You just are ignorant on this subject. Which is your right I suppose. An easy search renders everything you just said wrong and mute.

But fact is not your forte, best you stick to opinion. Others here know of the Windows 10 forced upgrade but you don't. Again, no crime but you are like some other posters who think your opinion trumps fact. Sorry, only in con bubble-land.

I'm sure there is an HRC conspiracy thread nearby, go be with your people.

[

I'm still using Windows 7 on my personal machines. I've installed it on a few clients' windows 10 machines as well. It's he'll every time.

Really? I and my team have deployed several thousand Windows 10 installs. I find the process very easy. Windows 7 was easy, but took a LONG time (non-image installs.) Windows 10 installs in about one third the amount of time that Windows 7 does.

That said, for the most part I don't see a huge advantage in Windows 10. For touch screens yes, but on traditional workstations it adds little.

You just are ignorant on this subject. Which is your right I suppose. An easy search renders everything you just said wrong and mute.

But fact is not your forte, best you stick to opinion. Others here know of the Windows 10 forced upgrade but you don't. Again, no crime but you are like some other posters who think your opinion trumps fact. Sorry, only in con bubble-land.

Sure sparky.

You earned your MCSE, A+, and CCIE exactly when?

[

Complete nonsense.

Uuuummmm, no. Everything he posted was true. I can do the same Google search and get boatloads of Microsoft conspiracy crap including "forced upgrades" so yeah, I can find the same bull shit you and everyone else can. Heck I can find sites claiming lizard people from outer space have taken over our government, doesn't make it true.
The upgrade was never forced, there was a 30 day rollback option (I know, I used it twice) and Win 10 is no longer free after the one year offer, that's all over the internet specifically on legitimate tech related sites. Oh and you're getting this from someone who hates Microsucks with a passion, me.

Windows 10 is the devil.

All of my Win 10 upgrades have gone flawlessly, every single one and supposedly Win 10 is the last "version" Microsucks is putting out, they apparently will be upgrading the OS from here till eternity.

[
All of my Win 10 upgrades have gone flawlessly, every single one and supposedly Win 10 is the last "version" Microsucks is putting out, they apparently will be upgrading the OS from here till eternity.

They said the same thing with XP, but technology changes. They will have to change the kernel at some point to address new hardware.

Longhorn is a great kernel, by far the best ever built, by anyone. But it is designed for the Core architecture, it is optimized for that family of Intel computing products. When Intel exhausts the Core line, MS will have to redesign their Kernel.

Forum List

Back