NEW VIDEO: Rev Wright

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
1. Governments lie. “This government lied about their belief that all men were created equal. The truth is they believed that all white men were created equal. The truth is they did not even believe that white women were created equal, in creation nor civilization. The government had to pass an amendment to the Constitution to get white women the vote. Then the government had to pass an equal rights amendment to get equal protection under the law for women. The government still thinks a woman has no rights over her own body, and between Uncle Clarence (Thomas), who sexually harassed Anita Hill, and a closeted Klan court, that is a throwback to the 19th century, handpicked by Daddy Bush, Ronald Reagan, Gerald Ford, between Clarence and that stacked court, they are about to un-do Roe vs. Wade, just like they are about to un-do affirmative action. The government lied in its founding documents and the government is still lying today. Governments lie.” “The government lied about Pearl Harbor. They knew the Japanese were going to attack. Governments lie. The government lied about the Gulf of Tonkin. They wanted that resolution to get us in the Vietnam War. Governments lie. The government lied about Nelson Mandela and our CIA helped put him in prison and keep him there for 27 years. The South African government lied on Nelson Mandela. Governments lie. “The government lied about the Tuskegee experiment. They purposely infected African American men with syphilis. Governments lie. The government lied about bombing Cambodia and Richard Nixon stood in front of the camera, ‘Let me make myself perfectly clear…” Governments lie. The government lied about the drugs for arms Contra scheme orchestrated by Oliver North, and then the government pardoned all the perpetrators so they could get better jobs in the government. Governments lie. “The government lied about inventing the HIV virus as a means of people of color. Governments lie. The government lied about a connection between Al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein and a connection between 9.11.01 and Operation Iraqi Freedom. Governments lie. “The government lied about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq being a threat to the United States peace. And guess what else? If they don’t find them some weapons of mass destruction, they gonna do just like the LAPD, and plant the some weapons of mass destruction. Governments lie.

2. Governments change. He said long before the United States colonized the world, so did Egypt.“All colonizers are not white. Turn to your neighbors and say that oppressors come in all colors.”He then went back to the Bible and spoke about the changing of kings in Babylonia.
“Prior to Abraham Lincoln, the government in this country said it was legal to hold African in slavery in perpetuity...when Lincoln got in office, the government changed. Prior to the passing of the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments to the Constitution, government defined African as slaves, as property. Property, people with no rights to be respected by any whites anywhere. The Supreme Court of the government, same court, granddaddy of the court that stole the 2000 election. Supreme court said in it’s Dred Scott decision in the 1850s, no African anywhere in this country has any rights that any white person has to respect at any place, any time. That was the government’s official position backed up by the Supreme Court – that’s the judiciary; backed up by the executive branch – that’s the president; backed up by the legislative branch and enforced by the military of the government. But I stop by to tell you tonight that government’s change. “Prior to Harry Truman’s government, the military was segregated. But governments change. “Prior to the Civil Rights and equal accommodation laws of the government in this country, there was backed segregation by the country, legal discrimination by the government, prohibited blacks from voting by the government, you had to eat and sit in separate places by the government, you had sit in different places from white folks because the government said so, and you had to buried in a separate cemetery. It was apartheid, American style, from the cradle to the grave, all because the government backed it up. “But guess what? Governments change. Under Bill Clinton, we got a messed up welfare to work bill, but under Clinton blacks had an intelligent friend in the Oval Office. Oh, but governments change. “The election was stolen. We went from an intelligent friend to a dumb Dixiecrat. A rich Republican who has never held a job in his life; is against affirmative action (and) against education – I guess he is; against healthcare, against benefits for his own military, and gives tax breaks to the wealthiest contributors to his campaign. Governments change. Sometimes for the good, and sometimes for the bad.” “Where governments change, God does not change. God is the same yesterday, today and forever more. That’s what his name I Am means. He does not change. God was against slavery on yesterday, and God, who does not change, is still against slavery today. God was a God of love yesterday, and God who does not change, is still a God of love today. God was a God of justice on yesterday, and God who does not change, is still a God of justice today. “God does not change.”

3. He then speaks of the government in his Bible text and said the Romans failed. Then he said the British government failed even after it colonized the world. He said the Russian government failed. The Japanese government failed. The German government failed. “And the United States of America government, when it came to treating her citizens of Indian descent, she failed. She put them on reservations. “When it came to putting her citizens of Japanese descent fairly, she failed. She put them in interment prison camps. “When it came to putting the citizens of African descent fairly, America failed. She put them in chains. The government put them on slave quarters. Put them on auction blocks. Put them in cotton fields. Put them in inferior schools. Put them in substandard housing. Put them scientific experiments. Put them in the lower paying jobs. Put them outside the equal protection of the law. Kept them out of their racist bastions of higher education, and locked them into positions of hopelessness and helplessness.

*snip*

“The United States government has failed the vast majority of her citizens of African descent. Think about this. Think about this. For every one Oprah, a billionaire, you’ve got 5 million blacks that are out of work. For every one Colin Powell, a millionaire, you’ve got 10 million blacks who cannot read. For every one Condi-Skeezer Rice, you’ve got 1 million in prison. For every one Tiger Woods, who needs to get beat at the Masters, with his Cablanasian hips, playing on a course that discriminates against women, God has this way of brining you up short when you get to big for your Cablanasian britches. For every one Tiger Woods, we’ve got 10,000 black kids who will never see a golf course. The United States government has failed the vast majority of her citizens of African descent.” “Tell your neighbor he’s (going to) help us one last time. Turn back and say forgive him for the God Damn, that’s in the Bible though. Blessings and curses is in the Bible. It’s in the Bible.” Where government fail, God never fails. When God says it, it’s done. God never fails. When God wills it, you better get out the way, ‘cause God never fails. When God fixes it, oh believe me it’s fixed. God never fails. Somebody right now, you think you can’t make it, but I want you to know that you are more than a conqueror through Christ. You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. He then went on to talk about the salvation of Christians through the death of Jesus Christ. The sermon ended with a song proclaiming, “God never fails.”

Did anybody ever bother watching the whole video? The entire video of his sermon? He compares the treatment of the African American community to that of the German treatment of the Jews during the Nazi occupation of Germany, to that of the rounding up and imprisoning of Japanese during World War 2, to that of the extermination of the American Indians. All of this is actually quite interesting... if not intellectual. It does make you think. Unfortunately, the only part we saw was this:

“The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three strike law and then wants us to sing God Bless America. Naw, naw, naw. Not God Bless America. God Damn America! That’s in the Bible. For killing innocent people. God Damn America for treating us citizens as less than human. God Damn America as long as she tries to act like she is God and she is Supreme.

I have watched it all, and despite his wonderful comparisons, it's all a bunch of racist hatespeak. He is bitter over things that happened generations ago. Time to let go.

I have watched it all, and despite his wonderful comparisons, it's all a bunch of racist hatespeak. He is bitter over things that happened generations ago. Time to let go.

Not at all. This should have continued a while back. Why McCain didn't run with it, I don't know. He ran a terrible campaign. It really may be a little too late.

I can't believe that he would associate himself with a man that believes that the U.S. government invented AIDS so that it can be spread among the black community. What kind of idiotic nonsense is that! This guy is paranoid besides the fact that he hates the country in which he has enjoyed a certain amount of success.

Not at all. This should have continued a while back. Why McCain didn't run with it, I don't know. He ran a terrible campaign. It really may be a little too late.

I can't believe that he would associate himself with a man that believes that the U.S. government invented AIDS so that it can be spread among the black community. What kind of idiotic nonsense is that! This guy is paranoid besides the fact that he hates the country in which he has enjoyed a certain amount of success.

It's also funny that he received government money to fund programs for his racist church. I wonder how much help Obama was in getting those funds.

It's also funny that he received government money to fund programs for his racist church. I wonder how much help Obama was in getting those funds.

Probably not much considering Bush was all about Faith based assistance to church.

Rev. Wrighteousness preaches hatred for this country and for white people, it's all about Black Liberation Theology. Marxist theology. and as hasbeen enumerated by another poster here this morning they are seeking revenge on white people. :badgrin:

Forum List

Back