New Video: NPR Planned on Taking $5 Million From Islamic Group & Hiding It From Gov.

Reality check.....shooting the shit with some clowns with money is by no means a guarantee that the money was taken...in fact, it wasn't....and there is nothing but supposition and conjecture that the deal was done prior to the VP for Fund raisings firing.

Yeah, the guy voiced his opinion and it wasn't nice for the teabaggers. But guess what? He has NOTHING to do with programming...and last time I checked, NPR was NOT "anti-Tea Party" in it's programming.

Bottom line: the neocon agenda in Congress is hell bent on having as much of the national media be in line with Fox News, Clear Channel, etc., that they let little discredited toadies like this run their games. So the guy, who was leaving anyway, gets the official can along with the exec who canned Juan Williams. Somehow, I don't think the people who bring you Car Talk, Prairie Home Companion and "Wait, wait don't Tell Me!" are perceived by the people as hard core anti-conservative.
Uh, excuse me but, did ya' listen to the phone call?

LMAO!

Did you?

Fake Koch: [Laughs] Well, I tell you what, Scott: Once you crush these bastards I’ll fly you out to Cali (California) and really show you a good time.

Walker: All right, that would be outstanding.

Last edited:
Keep eating, fatty.
that the best you got? asshole

see, even if what you say were true, i could always lose weight, you will still be a pothead asshole

Oh it's true.

And I'm proud that I'm open about my pot smoking.

Are you proud of how fat you are?>
Hey, I enjoy a :420: on occasion myself. Got a 1/4 ounce o' kush right here in my desk drawer............But unlike you, I still have brain cells left.

Moderation is the key, peckerhead!:cool:

That didn't take long to disprove. O'keefe must be slipping.

Too bad Walker doesn't even have to explain himself to his followers...well, hey maybe they are also thugs.

:eusa_eh:

This is the biggest problem, BY FAR, that NPR has faced yet. Ms. Liley has not only opened up NPR for full IRS and DoJ scrutiny, she took it 40 steps further:

Her comments about hiding donations at her "previous employer and her "other employer" are going to open every non-profit she has ever worked for up to IRS audit as well.

Liley was placed on administrative leave prior to O'Keefe releasing these tapes. It isn't a stretch to believe they knew this one was coming.

And O'Keefe says there is more to come.

So the obvious question:

Who ELSE has been placed on administrative leave?

NPR is done, folks. They're going to lose the Federal funds, and possibly/probably their 501 status. A sale will be arranged, and some of the shows will move to real radio, but it is almost a certainty that their political commentary and possibly even their news reporting have been relegated to propaganda status at best. Many of the stations that carry NPR will simply disappear without the Fed grants.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the successful shows, such as Car Talk. Depending on the new owner(s), I suspect they will migrate to mainstream, likely XM/Sirius, but possibly one of the packaged networks.

It really is odd that anyone believes anything Brietbart and his pimps say:

In an e-mail dated March 3, sent by the recently resigned Schiller to Betsy Liley, who appears in the two O'Keefe tapes, and two other staffers, Schiller suggests that MEAC is behaving oddly and that she can't accept a donation without further information -- despite pressure from the group to take the money immediately. She also correctly notes that MEAC's information would have to be provided to the IRS, resolving an issue that Lilely appears to have left unclear in a conversation with a phony Muslim donor depicted in the most recently released video.
"I spoke to Ibrahim," she writes. "He says they ARE a 501c3. And then he added... "I think". I told him we would need to know for sure AND we would need to look at the 990 as we do for any first time donor. He stressed that they want confidentially and I told him what Joyce told me - that it would not need to be reported in the public part of the 990 but it would need to be reported to the IRS, including the name of the donating institution. He had questions on all of the above which I said I simply don't have the expertise to answer but that one of our lawyers could. He repeated again that they want to deliver the check. I said that's very generous but we really need to sort out these issues first. He said is there a problem - and I said I don't know till we can see the 990. He seemed a bit worried that there was some subtext to our hesitation."
In a March 3 e-mail a member of O'Keefe's group posing as MEAC board member, "Omar Kasaam," writes that his group is "eager to help NPR fight back against the sensationalized, ratings-driven corporate media and their relentless efforts to sew mistrust and xenophobia among America's citizens" and says that his group cannot reveal its donors, but is willing to locate the necessary tax forms to move forward.
But the group clearly raises red flags for Joyce Slocum, NPR's General Counsel and Sr. Vice President, who politely informs "Kasaam" the next day that NPR has been unable to find any information on MEAC despite its supposed status as a registered 501c.
"I'm sure you will understand that we need to verify certain information with respect to any organization that proposes to make a significant gift to NPR," Slocum writes, adding that "Unfortunately, we have not been able to locate the necessary information about the Muslim Education Action Center, and so we need to ask that you provide it."
In the latest e-mail, dated March 5, Schiller refers "Kasaam" to Slocum's questions.
"Thank for your kind note and continued interest in NPR," she writes. "Our General Counsel, Joyce Slocum, has sent you a note under separate cover with a few questions. We look forward to hearing back from you."
The full e-mails released by NPR can be viewed here.

NPR Emails Show CEO Refusing Donation from Phony O'Keefe Group | TPMMuckraker

But then again, Republicans do have some power now and they are good at harnessing the stupidity of their followers.

In an e-mail dated March 3, sent by the recently resigned Schiller to Betsy Liley, who appears in the two O'Keefe tapes, and two other staffers, Schiller suggests that MEAC is behaving oddly and that she can't accept a donation without further information -- despite pressure from the group to take the money immediately. She also correctly notes that MEAC's information would have to be provided to the IRS, resolving an issue that Lilely appears to have left unclear in a conversation with a phony Muslim donor depicted in the most recently released video.
"I spoke to Ibrahim," she writes. "He says they ARE a 501c3. And then he added... "I think". I told him we would need to know for sure AND we would need to look at the 990 as we do for any first time donor. He stressed that they want confidentially and I told him what Joyce told me - that it would not need to be reported in the public part of the 990 but it would need to be reported to the IRS, including the name of the donating institution. He had questions on all of the above which I said I simply don't have the expertise to answer but that one of our lawyers could. He repeated again that they want to deliver the check. I said that's very generous but we really need to sort out these issues first. He said is there a problem - and I said I don't know till we can see the 990. He seemed a bit worried that there was some subtext to our hesitation."
In a March 3 e-mail a member of O'Keefe's group posing as MEAC board member, "Omar Kasaam," writes that his group is "eager to help NPR fight back against the sensationalized, ratings-driven corporate media and their relentless efforts to sew mistrust and xenophobia among America's citizens" and says that his group cannot reveal its donors, but is willing to locate the necessary tax forms to move forward.
But the group clearly raises red flags for Joyce Slocum, NPR's General Counsel and Sr. Vice President, who politely informs "Kasaam" the next day that NPR has been unable to find any information on MEAC despite its supposed status as a registered 501c.
"I'm sure you will understand that we need to verify certain information with respect to any organization that proposes to make a significant gift to NPR," Slocum writes, adding that "Unfortunately, we have not been able to locate the necessary information about the Muslim Education Action Center, and so we need to ask that you provide it."
In the latest e-mail, dated March 5, Schiller refers "Kasaam" to Slocum's questions.
"Thank for your kind note and continued interest in NPR," she writes. "Our General Counsel, Joyce Slocum, has sent you a note under separate cover with a few questions. We look forward to hearing back from you."

If she did nothing wrong, why did they fire her?

If she did nothing wrong, why did they fire her?
Because she didn't run a tight ship...her employees in some cases were never told not to be assholes.

Because she didn't run a tight ship...her employees in some cases were never told not to be assholes.

So it is all just a big coincidence? (That her incompetence as an Executive culminated at the exact same time as O'Keefe's sting was going public with scathing evidence of a culture of corruption within NPR?)

The moral of the story is that USMB right wing hacks are fine with Scott Walker outlining a plan to lie his way to a legislative victory and are fine with him accepting a flight and vacation from a billionaire donor to celebrate said legislative victory but an NPR exec expressing his opinion is a perfectly fine catalyst to defund them.

You fucks make me sick.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back