New Video: NPR Planned on Taking $5 Million From Islamic Group & Hiding It From Gov.

TheSeeker

Mar 4, 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
New Video… NPR Planned on Taking $5 Million From Radical Islamic Group & Hiding It From Government

Big Government posted Part II of the Project Veritas investigation of NPR:

On Tuesday, Project Veritas released Part 1 of its investigation of National Public Radio. The investigation, in which Project Veritas investigators posed as members of a fictional group founded by “members of the Muslim Brotherhood,” was widely reported in the media and produced a dramatic response from NPR and its board members.

The following video contains conversations between Project Veritas undercover investigator, Simon Templar, and Betsy Liley, NPR’s Senior Director of Institutional Giving.

Here’s the entire video.
Sorry leftists – you can’t say the video was highly edited – It’s all there.

Last edited by a moderator:
So National Public Radio planned on taking 5 million bucks and doing what with it? Boosting their signal output or buying better company cars?

First off, I don't have 45 minutes to listen to some felon.

Number two. Don't believe the felon.

Number three. We have a governor telling "David Koch" that he thought about putting in disruptive people to make the protests look violent and talked about flying to California. But the best you got is NPR. Seriously? That shit puts me to sleep. I understand the necessity of Public radio to have an actual news station and not Rush. But we have a GOVERNOR OF A STATE talking about doing something for an out of state billionaire, and thats nothing? Right..........

Number three. We have a governor telling "David Koch" that he thought about putting in disruptive people to make the protests look violent and talked about flying to California. But the best you got is NPR. Seriously? That shit puts me to sleep. I understand the necessity of Public radio to have an actual news station and not Rush. But we have a GOVERNOR OF A STATE talking about doing something for an out of state billionaire, and thats nothing? Right..........

lol, Just change the subject if you don't like the one being discussed.:eusa_whistle:
call your damn Rep and ask they DEFUND NPR.

lol, Just change the subject if you don't like the one being discussed.:eusa_whistle:

We probably have the same Rep Stephanie. I live in Missouri. You want to help reelection McCaskell?

We probably have the same Rep Stephanie. I live in Missouri. You want to help reelection McCaskell?

Does that have something to do with calling her and DEMANDING her to get behind DEFUNDING NPR?

So, this pretty much blows away all claims that they wouldn't take the money. And, they had a way to hide it from the fed's.

This just keeps getting better and better......By the time this is all over with, NPR won't be able to obtain a sponsor to save their friggin' life!

Can't wait for the upcoming releases.

Right on, O'keefe!.......Tearing down the liberal agenda one brick at a time.

Reality check.....shooting the shit with some clowns with money is by no means a guarantee that the money was taken...in fact, it wasn't....and there is nothing but supposition and conjecture that the deal was done prior to the VP for Fund raisings firing.

Yeah, the guy voiced his opinion and it wasn't nice for the teabaggers. But guess what? He has NOTHING to do with programming...and last time I checked, NPR was NOT "anti-Tea Party" in it's programming.

Bottom line: the neocon agenda in Congress is hell bent on having as much of the national media be in line with Fox News, Clear Channel, etc., that they let little discredited toadies like this run their games. So the guy, who was leaving anyway, gets the official can along with the exec who canned Juan Williams. Somehow, I don't think the people who bring you Car Talk, Prairie Home Companion and "Wait, wait don't Tell Me!" are perceived by the people as hard core anti-conservative.

Here is the story in the New York Times, perhaps you can take the time to read it?

New Tape Increases Pressure for NPR

NPR was forced to do damage control for a third day in a row after the release of undercover audio in which a top fund-raiser is heard telling a person she thought was a potential donor that NPR could possibly shield the donation from government tax authorities.

The lengthy audio, taken from surreptitiously recorded telephone conversations, was released Thursday by the conservative activist James O’Keefe.

The NPR fund-raiser who was taped, Betsy Liley, believed she was talking to prospective donors from a group called the Muslim Education Action Center. In the recording, one of the fake donors asks her if a proposed $5 million donation could be kept secret from the federal government, even if NPR’s books are audited.

At one point he says, “It sounded like you were saying that NPR would be able to shield us from a government audit — is that correct?”

Ms. Liley responds, “I think that is the case, especially if you were anonymous, and I can inquire about that.”

read more here:

New Tape Increases Pressure for NPR

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/11/business/media/11npr.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

All things considered.......NPR needs to be defunded. :lol:

They can sink or swim like any other broadcast enterprise.

BTW, I listen to NPR often and like much of the programming. They still need to get off the dole.

And FoxNews is owned by a Saudi....

murdoch-in-bed-with-saudi-prince-8-23-20.png

um, McCaskell is your Senator, not your representative

WASHINGTON—Accuracy in Media (AIM) is urging a full inquiry into a report that a Saudi billionaire caused the Fox News Channel (FNC) to dramatically alter its coverage of the Muslim riots in France after he called the network to complain. The Saudi billionaire, Al-waleed bin Talal, is a friend of News Corporation chairman Rupert Murdoch and controls an influential number of voting shares in the company.

“This report underscores the danger of giving foreign interests a significant financial stake in U.S. media companies,” declared Cliff Kincaid, editor of Accuracy in Media.

The controversial comments came at an Arab media conference featuring representatives of Time magazine, USA Today, PBS, The Wall Street Journal, and other news organizations. The conference and the Saudi Prince’s growing influence in News Corporation are among the subjects of a new December-A AIM Report that has just been posted at the AIM website (Accuracy In Media). The report raises the specter of Arab money influencing News Corporation and other U.S. media companies.

Liberal journalist Danny Schechter, a participant in the conference, reports that Al-waleed, who is a member of the Saudi Royal Family and investor in the Fox News parent company News Corporation, gave an interview boasting that he had called Fox to complain about coverage of the “Muslim riots” in France. He said he “called as a viewer” and “convinced them to change” the coverage because “they were not Muslim riots but riots against poverty and inequality.” And “they changed” the coverage, the Saudi reportedly said.

Another report on the comments, carried by the Dubai-based newspaper the Khaleej Times, says that Al-waleed personally called Rupert Murdoch to complain. The Saudi said, “After a short while, there was a change” in the coverage.

Saudi Billionaire Boasts of Manipulating Fox News Coverage

Reality check.....shooting the shit with some clowns with money is by no means a guarantee that the money was taken...in fact, it wasn't....and there is nothing but supposition and conjecture that the deal was done prior to the VP for Fund raisings firing.

Yeah, the guy voiced his opinion and it wasn't nice for the teabaggers. But guess what? He has NOTHING to do with programming...and last time I checked, NPR was NOT "anti-Tea Party" in it's programming.

Bottom line: the neocon agenda in Congress is hell bent on having as much of the national media be in line with Fox News, Clear Channel, etc., that they let little discredited toadies like this run their games. So the guy, who was leaving anyway, gets the official can along with the exec who canned Juan Williams. Somehow, I don't think the people who bring you Car Talk, Prairie Home Companion and "Wait, wait don't Tell Me!" are perceived by the people as hard core anti-conservative.
Uh, excuse me but, did ya' listen to the phone call?

LMAO!

Uh, excuse me but, did ya' listen to the phone call?

LMAO!
do you really think he is smart enough to even have been able to figure it out if he did?
clearly he only got some liberal websites spin on it
like the other fucking morons that went apoplectic over it

USMB right wing hacks:

Defund NPR (to which I agree) but give Scott Walker a pass.

*puke*

Forum List

Back