Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a success?

R

rdean

Quoted directly from the Republican supported Iraqi Constitution:

Article 2:

First: Islam is the official religion of the State and it is a fundamental source of legislation:

A. No law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established.

The same as in Iran - CHECK

burka_graduation.jpg

Iraqi university graduation ceremony

Women enslaved - CHECK

_45298115_1.jpg

00221917eae80aef8da305.jpg

Monument to Bush - CHECK

The only question is "What ever happened to "America Appreciation Day"?"

Yea, how come there is no "America Appreciation Day" in Iraq if we "helped them" and gave them a "stable government".

I know, let's ask the gays:

gay641.jpg

Gays systematically gunned down in Iraq

Oops, can't ask them.

No, let's ask the Christians:

ruined.jpg

The West Turns a Blind Eye to the Ethnic Cleansing of Christians in Iraq

If you can find any. Republicans didn't bring them here. Wonder why? Too "brown"?

I know, let's ask right wing Republicans on the USMB. Yea, let's ask them. To them, Iraq is a "stunning success".

Last edited by a moderator:
We haven't been bombed by WMDs have we?

Thanks George Bush

Article 2:

First: Islam is the official religion of the State and it is a fundamental source of legislation:

A. No law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established.

burka_graduation.jpg

Women enslaved - CHECK

_45298115_1.jpg

Monument to Bush - CHECK

Yea, how come there is no "America Appreciation Day" in Iraq if we "helped them" and gave them a "stable government".

gay641.jpg

Oops, can't ask them.

ruined.jpg

If you can find any. Republicans didn't bring them here. Wonder why? Too "brown"?

I know, let's ask right wing Republicans on the USMB. Yea, let's ask them. To them, Iraq is a "stunning success".

Lets see,

Saddam Dead, the Bath Party gone, and like it or not a Democratically elected government in Iraq.

You seem to be saying it was a failure because the Democratically elected government ended up being some what Islamic.

So what, who are we to dictate to them what kind of Government they elected?

All our major goals were achieved.

Was it perfect, hell no, but I would not call it a Failure either.

Worth it? in hind sight probably not, but still not a failure.

Well, the main objectives were to:

1) Remove Saddam from power - Check
2) Keep terrorists from being supplied with money and weapons by Saddam's government - check
3) Allow the people to govern themseves - Check

Not entirely sure what you think failed about it. You'll have to be more specific.

"Charles_Main" has demonstrated that he has a bright future writing revisionist speeches and history for The Tea Party!

Article 2:

burka_graduation.jpg

Women enslaved - CHECK

_45298115_1.jpg

Monument to Bush - CHECK

gay641.jpg

Oops, can't ask them.

ruined.jpg

Lets see,

Saddam Dead, the Bath Party gone, and like it or not a Democratically elected government in Iraq.

You seem to be saying it was a failure because the Democratically elected government ended up being some what Islamic.

If the death of thousands of Americans and the maiming of tens of thousands of Americans and the debt burden to our country "wasn't worth it", then it was indeed a "failure.

We created a country that now enslaves their women. A country where people march and scream, "Death to America". A country that now has close ties to Iran. This isn't just a "failure", no, it's a "stunning disaster". Not unlike most Republican policies.

Islam has always been the official religion of Iraq. Iraq was not exactly Sweden before we invaded it.

Iraq was considered a secular country with a majority of Muslims. It was the only way Saddam could rule.

But now, according to the constitution:

Article 2:

Islam has always been the official religion of Iraq. Iraq was not exactly Sweden before we invaded it.

Iraq was considered a secular country with a majority of Muslims. It was the only way Saddam could rule.

But now, according to the constitution:

Article 2:

Islam is the official state religion of every country in the Middle East besides Israel, its always been. Now if you want to argue if Iraq is more religious since we invaded it thats a separate issue, but Islam has always been the official state religion of Iraq.

How many times is rdweeb gonna post the same shit? Is he actually transforming from rabid drooling lefty to beyond stupid troll before our very eyes?

I dont understand why we care so much about shitty countries in the middle east. We dont need their oil. We can just drill here.

Before the Raygun aid began in the early 80's, Iraq was the most secular of all Arab nations. Women has the more freedom in Iraq than women in any other Arab nation.

Article 2:

burka_graduation.jpg

Women enslaved - CHECK

_45298115_1.jpg

Monument to Bush - CHECK

gay641.jpg

Oops, can't ask them.

ruined.jpg

Lets see,

Where are the WMD's? That was our main goal, at least according to Bush/Cheney. Are you saying they lied and the above were their true goals all along?

Article 2:

burka_graduation.jpg

Women enslaved - CHECK

_45298115_1.jpg

Monument to Bush - CHECK

gay641.jpg

Oops, can't ask them.

ruined.jpg

Lets see,

Where are the WMD's? That was our main goal, at least according to Bush/Cheney. Are you saying they lied and the above were their true goals all along?

Nope I am not saying that at all. Clearly the WMD issue was a serious Fuck up, however that does not take away from the other achievements I listed. IMO anyways.

Posted by rdean:

Must admit, you folks just don't give it a rest. No matter what you see, what you hear, or how the citizens of Iraq proclaim their independence, you still want to believe, that the war AGAINST the dictator, that ruled Iraq, was a mistake, and we should somehow, roll back the clock, and rewrite history.:cuckoo:

GET OVER IT, whats done is done, put a period on it, and move on.:eusa_hand:

It is what it is, if WE hadn't moved into that part of the world when we did, WE'D have $200 A barrel oil NOW.

It WAS also about oil, are you happy now?:lol:

Lets see,

Nope I am not saying that at all. Clearly the WMD issue was a serious Fuck up, however that does not take away from the other achievements I listed. IMO anyways.

Achievement? Seems those in the Middle East are doing that now without a bit of help from the US.

Funny, I've heard right wingers repeat similar lines:

Absolutely. Who are we to dictate anything to a country that never attacked us? But we did. Republicans even helped Iraqi's with their constitution. Forcing them to give a certain number of seats to women (even though it's the husbands who take the seats - remember half the population is now enslaved - that would be the women). And making sure they had the "public option".

The truth is, "Republicans are bullies". They go after whoever their leaders tell them to go after. Gays, Hispanics, Muslims, teachers in this country. Someone who never attacked us in another country. And Bush said, "I never think about Bin Laden anymore". And at that moment, so did his base. He said "forget it" and they did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Posted by rdean:

Must admit, you folks just don't give it a rest. No matter what you see, what you hear, or how the citizens of Iraq proclaim their independence, you still want to believe, that the war AGAINST the dictator, that ruled Iraq, was a mistake, and we should somehow, roll back the clock, and rewrite history.:cuckoo:

GET OVER IT, whats done is done, put a period on it, and move on.:eusa_hand:

It is what it is, if WE hadn't moved into that part of the world when we did, WE'D have $200 A barrel oil NOW.

It WAS also about oil, are you happy now?:lol:

Our invading Iraq kept oil prices low?:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back