Voting is the next game

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mnbasketball, Mar 10, 2011.

1. mnbasketball

mnbasketball Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37
    R. Maddow laid it out for everyone. The republicans new plan to win elections is make sure those who are least likely to have the ID they will require will be kept from voting. All the way from College kids to the poor.
    Texas has two groups that will be exempt from having to show ID's, the elderly and those who have conceal and carry.

Pay attention as voter intimidation comes to your red state.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy TRANSFER!!!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,190
    [​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    I certainly wish that a liberal, any liberal, such as yourself would tell me what you all have against a voter having to prove who he/she is before they vote. To me, it only makes sense that someone who comes to vote must prove who they are before they vote and that they have the legal right to do so.

The fact that you are so opposed to proper identification makes you all seem suspect.

Maybe you can tell me why you don't think a person should have to prove who they are in order to vote?

Immie

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  4. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,857
    You need ID for just about everything in today's society. If fools like Maddow think being required to produce an ID to fulfill one of the most important duties as a citizen will prevent people from voting she confirms the fact that she typical left wing elitist with an ignorant and perhaps racist opinion of the American public.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. Jeremy

Jeremy TRANSFER!!!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,190
    :eusa_shhh: They have to win somehow. :lol:

6. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,207
    So preventing voting fraud is bad?

Oh, and since when don't College students have IDs? I was always given an ID while attending school.

Not to mention I had a drivers license in high school. Not exactly difficult to obtain. Alot of kids did at age 16.

7. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    Quite frankly, I don't think anyone from either party is a winner. Not only that, but as long was we continue to support those two parties, we are all losers.

Immie

8. mnbasketball

mnbasketball Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I'll tell you what I will give you 2000 dollars for each person who is convicted of voter fraud and you give me a dollar for everyone who votes who isn't arrested and convicted?

The truth is most voter fraud cases is someone who registered in two places but only voted in one. A lot of snow birds do this, being registered in their home state but leave early to a warm climate and register at the poll in another state.

You guys have spent many millions on trying to turn up voter fraud like its a real big thing and it's cost you about 50,000 a vote.

many poor people don't drive, don't have bank accounts and have little need for one. College kids have their college ID or an out of state DL, neither that the republicans want to accept. why because poor people and students mostly vote for democrats. It's a fact, you guys will do anything to get your way.

9. Synthaholic

Synthaholic Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Kicking PoliticalChic's ass up & down the forum
    Ratings:
    +8,885
    That's not the issue, Immie. It's things like, say, a student at Univ. Of Florida not being allowed to vote in Gainesville, but only in the Florida town they live in.

Bullshit like that.

I'm hoping that Democrats turn their attention to absentee voting to foil these blatant attempts to make it difficult for young people to vote.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. TheSeeker

TheSeeker Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48
    The irony here is that Liberals and Obama want every citizen to PROVE they have health insurance, but they DON'T want you to have to prove you are a citizen.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4