New Rule Announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In one recent thread, one extreme leftist called out the poster he stalks for being a moderate, and this despite the fact said poster had not appeared in that thread at all.

The same moderator who stalks me thanked him for it.

This will probably be censored for speaking truth to power, but don't you think it sends a mixed message when one moderator is trying to limit stalking and trolling and another is actually thanking posters for it?

How can it be okay to flame people but not rate their posts "funny" if the "funny" option is present? I use it as funny sometimes and as "sarcastic funny" other times. It is not harming anyone.

It's BECOME a flame without comment to some few people. When you're in a thread that you haven't posted in JUST to taunt someone with a non-verbal flame, it's the same kind of "no content" remark that we generally remove and might warn on.

Again.. It's not the funny button that's the problem here. It's when it's used to HARASS AND STALK folks by 10 or 14 folks who CAN'T or WON'T reply to posts and maybe don't even read them..

I have never told on anyone for stalking me with funnies.

Okay, well you bitched about it. Put things into perspective and you can see how stupid it is to get upset over a funny face rating on your posts.
Considering how easy it is to piss you off, Chris, I'm assuming you've not been trolled with funnies like the rule describes. That's probably because left wingers are more decent people than right wingers and they don't do that bullswallop.

I could copy and pasted my alerts and make you look foolish
I've never trolled you, Sassy. The rule is for....well read the thing, would ya?

You wrote this, no?

That's probably because left wingers are more decent people than right wingers and they don't do that bullswallop.

I'm here to tell ya left wingers do that "bullswallop" A couple of them to excess
I was actually being sarcastic. I'm sure there are left wingers who troll, too.

I like to use it as if to say "yeah, you're an idiot" and I don't stop there, I am more than willing to them why. Why can't I do both?

You can.. Just don't go postal and spend 20 minutes funnying all their recent posts. It's a real "tell" if you look at someone log and they've repped 12 of their posts in an hour and ALL OF THEM are "funnies".. That sort of thing.

Okay, well you bitched about it. Put things into perspective and you can see how stupid it is to get upset over a funny face rating on your posts.
Considering how easy it is to piss you off, Chris, I'm assuming you've not been trolled with funnies like the rule describes. That's probably because left wingers are more decent people than right wingers and they don't do that bullswallop.

I could copy and pasted my alerts and make you look foolish
I've never trolled you, Sassy. The rule is for....well read the thing, would ya?

You wrote this, no?

That's probably because left wingers are more decent people than right wingers and they don't do that bullswallop.

I'm here to tell ya left wingers do that "bullswallop" A couple of them to excess
I was actually being sarcastic. I'm sure there are left wingers who troll, too.

Newsflash: Sarcasm does not translate well on the internet.

How can it be okay to flame people but not rate their posts "funny" if the "funny" option is present? I use it as funny sometimes and as "sarcastic funny" other times. It is not harming anyone.

It's BECOME a flame without comment to some few people. When you're in a thread that you haven't posted in JUST to taunt someone with a non-verbal flame, it's the same kind of "no content" remark that we generally remove and might warn on.

Again.. It's not the funny button that's the problem here. It's when it's used to HARASS AND STALK folks by 10 or 14 folks who CAN'T or WON'T reply to posts and maybe don't even read them..

You have always defended this practice before because the very worst offender is a moderator friend.

I'd LIKE to take you seriously on this, but I'm finding the double standard gets in the way.

Does this represent a 180 turnabout from your previous position or is it just do as we say and not as we do here?

Anyone naming any member in this thread will be ejected...

Because the FZ crowd would get all depressed and ornery. :p And we'd have have cartons of Prosac around.

And it's about 14 or 18 members that are REALLY abusing it. Not a general problem. Vast majority of members don't use it maliciously.

Then out those losers and be done with the problem.

Why does everything have to be a fucking secret around here? Who are the people doing this and who are the people whining about it? Both deserve severe mocking.
Oh, stuff it. If someone has something to say, disagrees with my posts, they can damned well come up with a statement in English that explains their problem. It's a discussion board. The trolls who come here to target and mock can go soak their heads.

And they should be able to rate your post as "funny" too if they wish to do so. It does not harm you in any way whatsoever.
Plenty of people do. We aren't talking about a funny here and there.

But people should be able to tag other people to flame them in the flamer zone but can't rate posts as "funny?" Are you kidding me? Fucking bizzaro.

:cuckoo:

None of this applies in the FZ or taunting areas. People are SUPPOSED to be harassed in those zones. The OTHER zones we expect to actually DISCUSS content and use words.

You people don't make any sense and are completely illogical and insane.
Chris, you're just so obnoxious that you can't see why this makes sense.

You see? Now that is some funny shit right there! This is nothing but a political message board. The funnies don't mean anything and have no real meaning. :eusa_eh:

That's EXACTLY why we want to cut down on the abuse in the UPSTAIRS forums. For a some few low effort posters they've become nothing but a taunting meme. Wouldn't allow folks to post 10 meme posts in a politics threads without discussion. Won't allow targeted harassment of members in those forums without respecting the topics.

Take the time to read the new USMB announcement in the sticky section above.

Addition to USMB Posting Guidelines.
I'm being stalked by a Mod or two. How do we deal with that?

Baz Ares Honestly, the best thing you can do is ignore him. The more you answer, the worse he gets. Ignore him completely.

About the OP, sounds like someone needs to grow up and recognize that the InterWebs don't revolve around their every little wish.

Goddamn idiotic....How much of a bored, despotic, control freak do you have to be, to come up with such petty chickenshit?

Please, don't answer that.
Said the troll whose bridge has been fumigated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back