New rep system?

There isn't one because of the historical perception of men being superior. Just like there is no insult you can give to a white person that comes close to the word ******.

It is kind of weird that you don't screen out ******.

Bull. I don't see where it is considered acceptable for women to call other women c*nt. It IS however acceptable for blacks to call other blacks ******. It is not acceptable for WHITES to call blacks ******.

It's acceptable to call whites, honky, cracker, trailer trash, guero, gringo ... it's fine to stereotype whites and make fun of the way they dance, walk ... it's fine to try and hold whites accountable for slavery even though it was abolished 143 years ago, long before any of us were born ... it's fine to blame all racism on whites while turning a blind eye to the fact that it's as bad or worse within ethnic minority groups.

In other words, attempting to correlate your racist double standard to a word that is not acceptable at any level in any circle except the gutter isn't cutting it.

As one who deplores all political correctness and sees it as an assault on First Amendment rights, I think it has been used maliciously and capriciously to destroy people in ways that should absolutely be illegal. I don't think any word should be banned. How can we ever have a meaningful discussion on controversial issues if we are prohibited from expressing what we really think because it has been deemed politically incorrect?

At the same time there is a place for rules of civility and decent behavior and there is a good reason to disallow personal attacks on a member unless it is a mutual exchange suitable for the flame zone. Enforcement of that policy encourages more good people who can bring different and reasoned perspectives to participate on the board.

Maybe some don't care about rep, but it is a pleasant way to give kudos to a member who has something more salient to say than "f you". I did wonder why my rep points had been significantly reduced however.

Bull. I don't see where it is considered acceptable for women to call other women c*nt. It IS however acceptable for blacks to call other blacks ******. It is not acceptable for WHITES to call blacks ******.

It's acceptable to call whites, honky, cracker, trailer trash, guero, gringo ... it's fine to stereotype whites and make fun of the way they dance, walk ... it's fine to try and hold whites accountable for slavery even though it was abolished 143 years ago, long before any of us were born ... it's fine to blame all racism on whites while turning a blind eye to the fact that it's as bad or worse within ethnic minority groups.

In other words, attempting to correlate your racist double standard to a word that is not acceptable at any level in any circle except the gutter isn't cutting it.

My racist double standard? I'm not sure what you're talking about, please explain.

My racist double standard? I'm not sure what you're talking about, please explain.

The fact that you make a statement that "******" has no correlation is racist. You are promoting one word as having no racially derrogatory equal; which, as I have pointed out, is not accurate.

I am at least honest in that I fully realize that abhorring the word c*nt above all others is in fact sexist, and I really don't give a damn. I can live with it.

The fact that you make a statement that "******" has no correlation is racist. You are promoting one word as having no racially derrogatory equal; which, as I have pointed out, is not accurate.

I am at least honest in that I fully realize that abhorring the word c*nt above all others is in fact sexist, and I really don't give a damn. I can live with it.

honky, cracker, trailer trash, guero, gringo...you see those as racist as ******? Maybe they are, but they certainly don't carry the same baggage.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fNmO_2sKbP4&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fNmO_2sKbP4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I gotta admit though, it's fucking hilarious when white people call each other *******.

honky, cracker, trailer trash, guero, gringo...you see those as racist as ******? Maybe they are, but they certainly don't carry the same baggage.

Obviously you don't get called "guero" much which basically means the same thing.

And if there's so much baggage, then why do blacks call each other ******? That was my original point. I have never been anywhere where women call each other c*nt.

I have NEVER heard that wod used for any other reason than as the lowest form of putdown. But get on the court with some blacks. The word ****** is flung around more there than at a Klan rally.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fNmO_2sKbP4&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fNmO_2sKbP4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I gotta admit though, it's fucking hilarious when white people call each other *******.

Actually, back in the day (1970s) I have cause to look up the word ****** in the dictionary. The actual definition was a "a trashy PERSON." No mention of race.

When I hear dumbass city-dwelling elitist Yankees say "Southerner" or "redneck," what's different about the invective as calling a black "******?" It's like yankees can hardly stand to utter the word for fear something might be contagious.

But watch the stain in their pants grow if someone says "******."

Actually, back in the day (1970s) I have cause to look up the word ****** in the dictionary. The actual definition was a "a trashy PERSON." No mention of race.

When I hear dumbass city-dwelling elitist Yankees say "Southerner" or "redneck," what's different about the invective as calling a black "******?" It's like yankees can hardly stand to utter the word for fear something might be contagious.

But watch the stain in their pants grow if someone says "******."

The upscale northerner might think the same thing about being called "dumbass city-dwelling elitist Yankee" though. :razz:

hartman.jpg

"There is no racial bigotry here! I do not look down on *******, kikes, wops, or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless!"

The 'n' word is entrenched in and ingrained in Americana. There was a time in the segregated south where most small towns had a '****** town' where the black folk lived. The word used in that context rarely meant anything other than a designation for where the black folk lived. It was so commonly used by many white people speaking about black people that I am certain most white people were using it as normal language rather than in any negative sense. In such case, the reference usually carried no disrespect or negative connotation for those speaking it--I can't say what disrespect or connotation was felt by the black folk hearing it within that context.

I don't use the word because for me it is ugly and inappropriate and I recoil when I hear it just as I recoil when I hear 'spick' or 'gook' or 'chink' or 'c*nt' but it is nevertheless entrenched in our language and lore and is regularly heard in the movies or on television or in rap music or in casual conversations.
I don't believe the word is any worse when used as a slur than any of those other words, and in fact, through common usage as a nonslur, it is losing much of its power to hurt--a trend I expect to continue.

I am not condoning using racial slurs in any context. I do see how the word itself can be used in ways that are not a racial slur, however, which is why I so oppose political correctness as a matter of principle.

The trouble with racist name calling is that those with the superior high ground couldn't give a cunting ****** fuck

The upscale northerner might think the same thing about being called "dumbass city-dwelling elitist Yankee" though. :razz:

At least it wasn't lost on everyone.:thup:

hartman.jpg

"There is no racial bigotry here! I do not look down on *******, kikes, wops, or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless!"

Gunny Hartman WISHES he was me.:mad:

Obviously you don't get called "guero" much which basically means the same thing.

And if there's so much baggage, then why do blacks call each other ******? That was my original point. I have never been anywhere where women call each other c*nt.

I have NEVER heard that wod used for any other reason than as the lowest form of putdown. But get on the court with some blacks. The word ****** is flung around more there than at a Klan rally.

I've never heard the word guero before, so I'm not quite sure how I should take offense to it. The n word, on the other hand, is historically tinged with racism.

Women do call each other that, probably in the same way blacks call each other the n word. If you don't know why they do it, I can't help you understand.

My point is, there is no word for a white male that is used as an insult that matches either of the words we are discussing. I don't think you should screen any of the words because really they reflect on the person posting them. And it doesn't seem right to pretend that women need special protection from a word.

I've never heard the word guero before, so I'm not quite sure how I should take offense to it. The n word, on the other hand, is historically tinged with racism.

Women do call each other that, probably in the same way blacks call each other the n word. If you don't know why they do it, I can't help you understand.

My point is, there is no word for a white male that is used as an insult that matches either of the words we are discussing. I don't think you should screen any of the words because really they reflect on the person posting them. And it doesn't seem right to pretend that women need special protection from a word.

well niggardly and its variants once meant a far different thing.....

c%^& does not did not mean in england what it means now.....

as for white male......i use f&*(^%& c&*(^

Guero (pronounced "wedo") roughly translates into white ****** -- white hillbilly trailer trash. It's what many Mexicans/Mexican Americans call whites.

Blacks call each other ****** for the Hell of it like white guys call each other dude.

Women only call each other c*nt when they are going for the below the belt knockout punch.

One doesn't equate to the other and it is not *I* that apparently needs any help here.

You've been corrected, and as you have chosen to do in other threads, you just refuse to acknowledge the fact that you have. Guero in fact is no different than calling someone a ******.

I don't screen any words. C*nt was in the word filter when I joined this board. No one has seen fit to take it out. I've left it alone just as much to hear people whine about it as anything else.

It's like "all" of the other two rules we have on this board. The dictionary has a supply of words that would keep anyone busy for years trying to use them all but ... oh Hell no ... it's got to be THAT word.

Guero (pronounced "wedo") roughly translates into white ****** -- white hillbilly trailer trash. It's what many Mexicans/Mexican Americans call whites.

Blacks call each other ****** for the Hell of it like white guys call each other dude.

Women only call each other c*nt when they are going for the below the belt knockout punch.

One doesn't equate to the other and it is not *I* that apparently needs any help here.

You've been corrected, and as you have chosen to do in other threads, you just refuse to acknowledge the fact that you have. Guero in fact is no different than calling someone a ******.

I don't screen any words. C*nt was in the word filter when I joined this board. No one has seen fit to take it out. I've left it alone just as much to hear people whine about it as anything else.

It's like "all" of the other two rules we have on this board. The dictionary has a supply of words that would keep anyone busy for years trying to use them all but ... oh Hell no ... it's got to be THAT word.

You kill me. I've been corrected? You aren't my GS and I'm certainly entitled to have an opinion of my own without being corrected. :badgrin:

btw, women do use the c word in exactly the same manner toward each other that blacks use the n word. You need to get out more.

Forum List

Back