New Pedestrian Bridge Collapses in Miami

The school paid for the bridge. And please stop. People in cars are still under the bridge.
MACA. Make America Cuba Again
It started construction in spring but had to be commissioned in 2016 to have the work started. I guess this is what happens when you have shovel ready jobs, that weren't shovel ready...Liberalism kills people.

If George Bush was responsible for the economy Obama inherited, this bridge collapse is Obama's legacy left for President Trump.

My guess is that they won't be using that "innovative technology" again any time soon.
What a shame.

My guess is that they won't be using that "innovative technology" again any time soon.
What a shame.

What is crazy is the Romans built stuff that has lasted thousands of years and today society builds stuff that last just as long as they can build it again...

Sometimes the old way works better.

What a shame.

What is crazy is the Romans built stuff that has lasted thousands of years and today society builds stuff that last just as long as they can build it again...

No kidding. It's crazy though that kids were getting killed crossing the street, which is why they built the pedestrian bridge.
Besides the jumping spiders the size of your fist, yet another reason I would never live in Florida.

What a shame.

No kidding. It's crazy though that kids were getting killed crossing the street, which is why they built the pedestrian bridge.
Besides the jumping spiders the size of your fist, yet another reason I would never live in Florida.

Lived in Florida as a kid and it almost killed me because of my COPD ( back then it was acute bronchitis and asthma ).

Spent many days in a oxygen tent down there...

So no thank you Florida...

cheap Chinese steel...
I've seen 1 1/2 " bolts from China sheer right in half....

If we are going to rebuild our nations bridges we had better ramp up our steel plants and stop buying Chinese crap...

I have lived here 17 years. No jumping spiders the size of your fist, and I live rural.
What a shame.

Chinese steel?

I think they said that that section of the bridge was new, and only recently swung into place. Whoever installed that section of the bridge is FUCKED.
First-of-its-kind pedestrian bridge “swings” into place

Thanks Wry Catcher and aaronleland
I looked at the construction process.
It seems the bridge was constructed off site
then lowered and put into place.

Whatever process that is, people are going to be wary now,
and just want to do things the old way. No thanks!

I've worked on bridge teams that hold up locomotives and coal cars. What ever happened to steel . More overpriced engineers nightmare garbage.

Forum List

Back