New paper finds no evidence of a human influence on sea levels

In response to the barrage of recent posts by a certain member of this board, the vast majority of which reflect, and discuss nothing more than the output of computer models, I am going to post some recently published papers based on actual observation. The contrast is remarkable.

An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

This paper, recently published in the Journal of Climate examined the world wide sea level change over the period of the 20th century and found that seal level rise was consistent over the 20th century with little if any acceleration in the rate of rise and that glacier mass lost was not less during the first half of the 20th century than during the second half.

Post-Glacial_Sea_Level.png

I think the graft is fairly accurate, but it's the past. What happens when I use the most accurate information from satellites today? I get this:

MSL_Serie_MERGED_Global_IB_RWT_GIA_Adjust.png

Notice the data is so sensitive that it can pick up ENSO patterns! I'm not a glaciologist, but I have spent times looking at the data. People think ice is solid, but just like glass it isn't. If you find old glass, it actually flows, according to gravity. Ice flows many times faster and we have 4 remaining ice sheets on this planet, unless you want to count the remnants of the past. Greenland is the one to worry about in the near future and the western Antacrtic is the next. These ice sheets have a hugh amount of water stored. The ice is buttressed, but if you melt the buttress it's going to flow to the ocean. The amount of water is enough to destroy every city on the coasts of the world.

Yes, it isn't going to happen in my lifetime, but why would I want to leave destruction to my children or their children?

Think about it for a second. It isn't about me.

Notice the data is so sensitive that it can pick up ENSO patterns! I'm not a glaciologist, but I have spent times looking at the data. People think ice is solid, but just like glass it isn't. If you find old glass, it actually flows, according to gravity. Ice flows many times faster and we have 4 remaining ice sheets on this planet, unless you want to count the remnants of the past. Greenland is the one to worry about in the near future and the western Antacrtic is the next. These ice sheets have a hugh amount of water stored. The ice is buttressed, but if you melt the buttress it's going to flow to the ocean. The amount of water is enough to destroy every city on the coasts of the world.

Yes, it isn't going to happen in my lifetime, but why would I want to leave destruction to my children or their children?

Look at your graph dubya....you have shortened the time frame and therefore enhanced the minute sea level rise that has been going on since we started coming out of the little ice age. Carefully note the decrease in sea level that began in 2010 and continues even today....that uptick showing rising sea levels at the end of the graph is just more output from computer models showing exactly the opposite of what is actually happening.

Look at your graph dubya....you have shortened the time frame and therefore enhanced the minute sea level rise that has been going on since we started coming out of the little ice age. Carefully note the decrease in sea level that began in 2010 and continues even today....that uptick showing rising sea levels at the end of the graph is just more output from computer models showing exactly the opposite of what is actually happening.

Retard, I just posted it! That's satellite data and I didn't build that satellite, so stop blaming me!

The data is so accurate, they can pick up ENSO signals. It's going to change big time in the near future. The FOOLS aren't going to last forever. You're a dinosaur, boy!

Sorry about the name calling, but humour is humour and that's the English way to spell it, NO NAME CALLING, just GOD bless!

Retard, I just posted it! That's satellite data and I didn't build that satellite, so stop blaming me!

The data is so accurate, they can pick up ENSO signals. It's going to change big time in the near future. The FOOLS aren't going to last forever. You're a dinosaur, boy!

Sorry about the name calling, but humour is humour and that's the English way to spell it, NO NAME CALLING, just GOD bless!

Satellite data? That's a laugh. Are you aware that satellites thought that greenland had entirely melted when in reality the top fraction of a mm had melted?

Why ice loss and sea level measurements via satellite and the new Shepherd et al paper are highly uncertain at the moment | Watts Up With That?

and of course you are calling names because it is all you have. Don't worry about it though because I know it is all you have and react in the only way you know how....name calling.

And boy? Sorry jethro, I am a grey beard also. Calling someone "boy" identifies you as the dinosaur...a dinosaur with nothing else to say.

Watch how fast Greenland melts!

We can't lose more than three times the area of Greenland in snow cover and not melt ice. Once the buttresses of glaciers are melted, they will slide to the ocean, just from gravity. Ice flows and isn't solid like some people think.

We can't lose more than three times the area of Greenland in snow cover and not melt ice. Once the buttresses of glaciers are melted, they will slide to the ocean, just from gravity. Ice flows and isn't solid like some people think.

You rather have it icy?

Really?

You rather have it icy?

Really?

I'd rather not change things, when I don't know what I'm doing or the quantity of damage it will create. What part of losing all those cities went over your head? We could easily lose our capital in a hundred years. Do you have any idea how much all this destruction will cost and why are we doing it? The rich can find other things to invest in. What we are doing is capital dumb.

I'd rather not change things, when I don't know what I'm doing or the quantity of damage it will create. What part of losing all those cities went over your head? We could easily lose our capital in a hundred years. Do you have any idea how much all this destruction will cost and why are we doing it? The rich can find other things to invest in. What we are doing is capital dumb.

You can't change the climate. It sounds like what you are really saying is that you are an arch conservative and can't stand change, even in the climate and want desperately for it to remain static.

You can't change the climate. It sounds like what you are really saying is that you are an arch conservative and can't stand change, even in the climate and want desperately for it to remain static.

That makes as much sense as the rest of your shit!

Forum List

Back