New Orleans, Katrina, illegal house to house gun confiscation

Many Republicans believe Obama did a lousy job helping people right after the hurricane.

I was in Katrina in New Orleans. The only people who had their firearms taken were people looking for trouble, looters, car jackers, etc. The city had nothing to do with it. The National Guard was in charge.

What is a lie?

That storm troopers were going door to door to take guns. My brother was there and the national guard and LE showed up to his house. He and his gal were asked to welter out side, the first thing they were asked was "y'all okay" they said "yes". they were then advised that power would be out for a long time and if possible they should leave if they had the means to do so, and that if they didn't that transportation would be provided. Happened all up and down the street. So the lie is that the us military was taking guns from people, they didn't. LE did however, and only when they entered a house. If the house was empty and there were fire arms they were taken. The rest is all just Alex Jones bull shit.
Guns were confiscated. Was it done to everyone and by all government forces? No.

As they went through looking for Bodies and survivors I'm pretty sure they would have secured any firearms they came across if the owner was not securing them. That makes sense to me. If anyone lost firearms they could report them missing and most likely get them back, if the police took possession of them.
Agreed. However there were situations where officials confiscated weapons of law abiding citizens.

A few. Look at it like this. A natural disaster has hit a week prior. You are a cop and you come across a guy with an AR 15 slung across his back, plate carrier the works. You say "hey sir what's up, what you doing". And dude gives you a bunch of shit and becomes belligerent? These are the type of folks who had their guns taken. The cops helped my brother load his in his truck.

But I've heard of numerous examples where people were absolutely not belligerent. There was a woman stopped by police, when she was leaving the city. She had a pearl handled pistol, that had been in the family for generations. The police confiscated it.

Are there good police, that helped your brother load up the truck? No doubt. But don't give me this 'it didn't happen' crap, because it most certainly did.

sorry about the CRAPPY link in post number 26 . But yeah , officials did enter private property and confiscate Guns in 'katrina; in 'new orleans' Rigby .

Many Republicans believe Obama did a lousy job helping people right after the hurricane.

Berry was sitting in Rev. Wrights church in chi town high and dry when Katrina hit waiting for his chickens to roost deanie boy...

And Bush Jr., as president, visited the area by flying over New Orleans at 30,000 feet, and he looked out the window of Air Force 1.

And Bush Jr., as president, visited the area by flying over New Orleans at 30,000 feet, and he looked out the window of Air Force 1.

So what's your point? Did I say anything about Bush? The OP is about Katrina... deanie boi wanted to bitchslap republicans for bad mouthing berry... berry was busy fellating the rev... in 2005... I was correcting deanie boi, now move along and piss on someone else's leg and explain to them it's raining...

th

Berry was sitting in Rev. Wrights church in chi town high and dry when Katrina hit waiting for his chickens to roost deanie boy...

------------------------------------------ who cares as you want to change the SUBJECT but didn't you know that the 'bush' familia has been scum since the day they got to the USA VandalS.

So what's your point? Did I say anything about Bush? The OP is about Katrina... deanie boi wanted to bitchslap republicans for bad mouthing berry... berry was busy fellating the rev... in 2005... I was correcting deanie boi, now move along and piss on someone else's leg and explain to them it's raining...

Coffee too strong this morning RR?

I would have preferred that they had brought boats with them.

Circumstances such as Katrina the National Guard are 'ground pounders'... The fine folks known as the Cajun Navy - Wikipedia brought boats to you...

Deployments[edit]
Hurricane Katrina (2005)[edit]
Former Louisiana state senator Nick Gautreaux put out a plea across local television and radio for "Anybody [who] wants to go help the people of New Orleans please come to the Acadiana Mall." Between 350 and 400 boats and people showed up. This makeshift flotilla that became known as the Cajun Navy is credited with rescuing more than 10,000 people from flooded homes and rooftops.[6]

Circumstances such as Katrina the National Guard are 'ground pounders'... The fine folks known as the Cajun Navy - Wikipedia brought boats to you...

Deployments[edit]
Former Louisiana state senator Nick Gautreaux put out a plea across local television and radio for "Anybody [who] wants to go help the people of New Orleans please come to the Acadiana Mall." Between 350 and 400 boats and people showed up. This makeshift flotilla that became known as the Cajun Navy is credited with rescuing more than 10,000 people from flooded homes and rooftops.[6]

...and it took a week or two!

Deployments[edit]
----------------------------------------------------- and personally that's how emergency should be handled rather than relying on 'furst resp0nders' . Self sufficiency is what its called RRunner .

Deployments[edit]

...and it took a week or two!
--------------------------------------- well , the people had guns to protect themselves and many were well supplied . A week or 2 waiting for Rescue is no big deal as they were Rescued alive . Besides I dispute you Week or 2 claim if you make that claim after the Hurricane dissipated itself . You sit on the roof and wait for rescues in any case VS .

Forum List

Back