New Neg Rep Rule Extreme and Unfair...

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now I suppose I'll get banned for "questioning" board rules, even though I'm under the impression it was "open for discussion" being in the "announcements & FEEDBACK" section.

you've always been a whiny bitch

no one will notice another one

I think we all know who the rep abusers are, don't we :arrow: Del..

we know who the whiners are, creep.

i negged you within the context of the rules.

you don't like it?

go whine to somebody who cares, edit :thup:

Last edited:
You see, I see it the other way around. I see it as more than likely a bunch of Cons abusing the rep system by serially repping people they don't like. Not only is that against the rules, but it's childish...

I knew it all along. This is all about punishing the conservatives brought to you proudly by the whining liberals.

Typical Neo Con...starts a mess and then blames others for it...

Jillian was the first asshole ever to neg me. try again wimp.

you've always been a whiny bitch

no one will notice another one

you don't like it?

go whine to somebody who cares, edit. :thup:

:lol:...the fact remains, You are a rep abuser.

It's a chicken(shit) vs the egg scenario..

There has been a posse of conservatives teaming up to drive off newly joined liberal posters. They abused their power and piled red stars in an attempt to bully new posters they didn't agree with

They had it coming

you don't like it?

go whine to somebody who cares, edit :thup:

negging you isn't rep abuse, any more than you going through the dirty underwear in the girls' locker room makes you a dry cleaner.

go get one of your *kids*

you're failing worse than usual, pervert.

you don't like it?

go whine to somebody who cares edit:thup:

negging you isn't rep abuse, any more than you going through the dirty underwear in the girls' locker room makes you a dry cleaner.

and your desperate as usual.. face the fact you are a rep abuser..Dough Boy

I remember when Righties were saying "I have no problem with phone-tapping if you have nothing to hide" :rolleyes: when Prez Cheney was tapping our phones.

If your not a seriel-negger, why give a fuck unless you are a seriel-negger. :dunno:

I agree, it seems the right wingers are throwing a pissy fit because they are no longer allowed to show off their childish thuggery by non-stop neg repping people they don't agree with. I think it's a great new rule put in by the mods :clap2:
I will miss negging Buford's daily troll posts.

Come on people. It was rep abusers who created the problem, not the mods. And I can fully understand why it is unreasonable to ask volunteer mods to spend a lot of time dealing with those whining about rep abuse. And I have no problem with rules to remedy what had become an unreasonable situation.

BUT. . . . I do hope the powers that be are reading the possible unreasonable consequences of applying the new rule too so that we don't apply to anybody who doesn't know about the new rule and inadvertently breaks it.

I emphatically think one warning before the ultimate 'death penalty' is imposed should be the policy. That ensures that new members and returning members don't walk into it blind. If they violate it after that one warning, well then, they asked for it.
I strongly disagree. "Rep abuse" is defined as negging "without cause".

It was the whiners, not the neg reppers.

I agree. People have been repping under the rules as they exist...manipulative whiners post neg worthy posts and admin gives more credence to their whines with little credit or consideration given to the esteemed members of this forum who chose to use an available rep function for a reason. Who is to say what is the CAUSE? That is certainly the prerogative of admin to suddenly remove that function, but IMO they should wise up and give people a little more credit as to a possible cause...

I truly don't believe the rules needed changing, everyone just needed rep points cut by 90% equally, for all.... and if this is done periodically, to keep most under 1000 rep points, people being negged won't be blown in to the abyss with neg rep points.

It's FAIR to all and keeps it where it is FUN for ALL...all, meaning the newbies as well as the old timers, those being negged, those giving negs, etc...

As Mods, you don't have to monitor this new rule, as a poster you don't have to worry about negging someone twice during a 48 hour period....

Just cut everyone's rep at the same percentage...it gives newbies a ''chance'' of surviving the negative blasts that could come, it makes it fun, for everyone again...

It's NOT the negative rep and what's said or the nasty comment that hurts, it's being blown in to oblivion by a member with huge huge huge negative rep points that hurts and takes the fun out of it, and out of being here and truly, unfair imho.

Wouldn't you still neg rep a member you don't like or disagree with, if your rep points were half of what they were? OF COURSE you would! so the fun is still there for the long timers as well....

Previous admin, never let it get over a thousand....until the end before he left....

Echo and all of us were pushing people with rep to go over the thousand mark in echo Zulu's Rep fest zone, it was a real party around here! It should have been cut back the 50% right around then....too....but since it wasn't, it has balooned in to a huge disparity.

Don't be afraid to lose your rep 'power', the percentage drop is equal for everyone, so if you have 4000 rep points and cut 90%, then you go down to 360, and if you have 1000 points now, 90% less would be 90, if you only have 100 points now then you would have 9 after the 90% cut....

So those with seniority or boocoos of rep will still proportionately have 'the power'....but that power won't be enough to run people off the board, and it SHOULDN'T BE enough for members to run people off the board...that's when it becomes, not fun....and that's when bullies can be formed, NOT that I am saying we have bullies here or anything of the such, but this eliminates the possibility, with neg rep point accumulation.

Keep it under a thousand, periodically cut it back by X percent....much fewer headaches for mods, fewer whines, and makes it much more fun for new combers....

There has been a posse of conservatives teaming up to drive off newly joined liberal posters. They abused their power and piled red stars in an attempt to bully new posters they didn't agree with

They had it coming

Bullshit.

There was an influx of loons who come on here making loony pronouncements, and they got the shit negged out of them because they were batshit crazy, dishonest, and assholes as well.

And to hear you and Grump whine about it, it appears they were friends of yours!

Shocking, that!

You tried to flood the site with compatriots, who pissed their pants and deserted ship.

You poor thing. It's so sad. Really.

Get used to it. You don't represent the majority. The majority finds you, and your type, repugnant. So you piss and moan in order to force the majority to put up with your shit...because they would never do it willingly. I think we all know that.

It sucks to be a member of a hated extremist minority, doesn't it?

So one can very quickly assume that this new neg rep rule is because a few whiners, the ole wheel that squeaks gets the grease rule, that have ruined it for EVERYONE, and I think most that have been here awhile know exactly who those, (BDBoop), people are.

But with that aside, this new rule is very extreme, and with new members that virtually NEVER read the rules, it's unfair as well as extreme.

One, to wipe out what took YEARS for most here to acquire for what could be an HONEST MISTAKE is unjust.

Two, for admin to assume every person on the board, old and new, is going to be aware of this rule is ludicrous.

Three, if this abortion is to stay however, then it should be written into the board software so that it's just something you CAN'T DO, as you CAN'T pos rep someone more than twenty times in twenty four hours, then you shouldn't be able to neg rep someone more than twice in 48 hours. If one limit can be written into the board software, then so can the other. Why impose such strict, over the top, outlandishly unjust and unfair punishments? Is it a trap? Is it a joke? What's the reasoning? Who thought this atrocity up? I think you will see people leaving the board, and for sure those "supporting memers" will fall off. Not a smart way to run a board.

This is a big mistake.

My two cents.

blahblahblah the system isn't meant to be fair, blahblahblah (sound familar to some cons out there? It should....)
:D:D

and your desperate as usual.. face the fact you are a rep abuser..Dough Boy

oooh, red font. :eek:

lumpy means bidness this time :rofl:

that above or another solution would be to apply a 90% cut on negative reps instead of a 50% cut on points for negative reps

They had it coming
:lmao: Yeah, that's the ticket. It's part of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy (TM).

It has nothing to do with posters calling others "terrorists" or anything like that, and certainly no lefty poster could ever be a moron and/or a troll.

TFF.

They had it coming

Bullshit.

There was an influx of loons who come on here making loony pronouncements, and they got the shit negged out of them because they were batshit crazy, dishonest, and assholes as well.

And to hear you and Grump whine about it, it appears they were friends of yours!

Shocking, that!

You tried to flood the site with compatriots, who pissed their pants and deserted ship.

You poor thing. It's so sad. Really.

Get used to it. You don't represent the majority. The majority finds you, and your type, repugnant. So you piss and moan in order to force the majority to put up with your shit...because they would never do it willingly. I think we all know that.

It sucks to be a member of a hated extremist minority, doesn't it?

Just....dripping with irony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back