New Neg Rep Rule Extreme and Unfair...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly don't believe the rules needed changing, everyone just needed rep points cut by 90% equally, for all.... and if this is done periodically, to keep most under 1000 rep points, people being negged won't be blown in to the abyss with neg rep points.

It's FAIR to all and keeps it where it is FUN for ALL...all, meaning the newbies as well as the old timers, those being negged, those giving negs, etc...

As Mods, you don't have to monitor this new rule, as a poster you don't have to worry about negging someone twice during a 48 hour period....

Just cut everyone's rep at the same percentage...it gives newbies a ''chance'' of surviving the negative blasts that could come, it makes it fun, for everyone again...

It's NOT the negative rep and what's said or the nasty comment that hurts, it's being blown in to oblivion by a member with huge huge huge negative rep points that hurts and takes the fun out of it, and out of being here and truly, unfair imho.

Wouldn't you still neg rep a member you don't like or disagree with, if your rep points were half of what they were? OF COURSE you would! so the fun is still there for the long timers as well....

Previous admin, never let it get over a thousand....until the end before he left....

Echo and all of us were pushing people with rep to go over the thousand mark in echo Zulu's Rep fest zone, it was a real party around here! It should have been cut back the 50% right around then....too....but since it wasn't, it has balooned in to a huge disparity.

Don't be afraid to lose your rep 'power', the percentage drop is equal for everyone, so if you have 4000 rep points and cut 90%, then you go down to 360, and if you have 1000 points now, 90% less would be 90, if you only have 100 points now then you would have 9 after the 90% cut....

So those with seniority or boocoos of rep will still proportionately have 'the power'....but that power won't be enough to run people off the board, and it SHOULDN'T BE enough for members to run people off the board...that's when it becomes, not fun....and that's when bullies can be formed, NOT that I am saying we have bullies here or anything of the such, but this eliminates the possibility, with neg rep point accumulation.

Keep it under a thousand, periodically cut it back by X percent....much fewer headaches for mods, fewer whines, and makes it much more fun for new combers....

Well fuck lady, if you're going to periodically cut it back then why the fuck give it in the first damn place? you nutz?

Come on people. It was rep abusers who created the problem, not the mods. And I can fully understand why it is unreasonable to ask volunteer mods to spend a lot of time dealing with those whining about rep abuse. And I have no problem with rules to remedy what had become an unreasonable situation.

BUT. . . . I do hope the powers that be are reading the possible unreasonable consequences of applying the new rule too so that we don't apply to anybody who doesn't know about the new rule and inadvertently breaks it.

I emphatically think one warning before the ultimate 'death penalty' is imposed should be the policy. That ensures that new members and returning members don't walk into it blind. If they violate it after that one warning, well then, they asked for it.
I strongly disagree. "Rep abuse" is defined as negging "without cause".

It was the whiners, not the neg reppers.

I agree. People have been repping under the rules as they exist...manipulative whiners post neg worthy posts and admin gives more credence to their whines with little credit or consideration given to the esteemed members of this forum who chose to use an available rep function for a reason. Who is to say what is the CAUSE? That is certainly the prerogative of admin to suddenly remove that function, but IMO they should wise up and give people a little more credit as to a possible cause...

I'd be certainly welcome to the mods or administrator going through my + and -reps to find probable cause of rep abuse, I think we all should to verify those elusive "esteemed members".

I truly don't believe the rules needed changing, everyone just needed rep points cut by 90% equally, for all.... and if this is done periodically, to keep most under 1000 rep points, people being negged won't be blown in to the abyss with neg rep points.

It's FAIR to all and keeps it where it is FUN for ALL...all, meaning the newbies as well as the old timers, those being negged, those giving negs, etc...

As Mods, you don't have to monitor this new rule, as a poster you don't have to worry about negging someone twice during a 48 hour period....

Just cut everyone's rep at the same percentage...it gives newbies a ''chance'' of surviving the negative blasts that could come, it makes it fun, for everyone again...

It's NOT the negative rep and what's said or the nasty comment that hurts, it's being blown in to oblivion by a member with huge huge huge negative rep points that hurts and takes the fun out of it, and out of being here and truly, unfair imho.

Wouldn't you still neg rep a member you don't like or disagree with, if your rep points were half of what they were? OF COURSE you would! so the fun is still there for the long timers as well....

Previous admin, never let it get over a thousand....until the end before he left....

Echo and all of us were pushing people with rep to go over the thousand mark in echo Zulu's Rep fest zone, it was a real party around here! It should have been cut back the 50% right around then....too....but since it wasn't, it has balooned in to a huge disparity.

Don't be afraid to lose your rep 'power', the percentage drop is equal for everyone, so if you have 4000 rep points and cut 90%, then you go down to 360, and if you have 1000 points now, 90% less would be 90, if you only have 100 points now then you would have 9 after the 90% cut....

So those with seniority or boocoos of rep will still proportionately have 'the power'....but that power won't be enough to run people off the board, and it SHOULDN'T BE enough for members to run people off the board...that's when it becomes, not fun....and that's when bullies can be formed, NOT that I am saying we have bullies here or anything of the such, but this eliminates the possibility, with neg rep point accumulation.

Keep it under a thousand, periodically cut it back by X percent....much fewer headaches for mods, fewer whines, and makes it much more fun for new combers....

Well fuck lady, if you're going to periodically cut it back then why the fuck give it in the first damn place? you nutz?

Care is all for removing accountability. It serves her well.

I strongly disagree. "Rep abuse" is defined as negging "without cause".

It was the whiners, not the neg reppers.

I agree. People have been repping under the rules as they exist...manipulative whiners post neg worthy posts and admin gives more credence to their whines with little credit or consideration given to the esteemed members of this forum who chose to use an available rep function for a reason. Who is to say what is the CAUSE? That is certainly the prerogative of admin to suddenly remove that function, but IMO they should wise up and give people a little more credit as to a possible cause...

I'd be certainly welcome to the mods or administrator going through my + and -reps to find probable cause of rep abuse, I think we all should to verify those elusive "esteemed members".

I bet you think that wasn't a total bitch thing to say. :thup:

what new rules? why am i always confused?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKpX-5jQjQ0"]Who am I? Why am I here? - YouTube[/ame]

You know, I hate to inject anything serious into Pole Rider's hilarious meltdown thread, but I always wince when someone posts that video.

Admiral Stockdale was one of the bravest men to ever wear a U.S. uniform, and he paid for that bravery in physical and mental trauma.

It really is inconceivable what that man went through. We all owe him our utmost respect. I'm sure Perot's intentions were admirable in choosing him, but by then he was in no shape to be VP. But it is in poor taste to ridicule this American hero.

James Stockdale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

250px-James_Stockdale_Formal_Portrait.jpg

negging you isn't rep abuse, any more than you going through the dirty underwear in the girls' locker room makes you a dry cleaner.

go get one of your *kids*

you're failing worse than usual, pervert.

and your desperate as usual.. face the fact you are a rep abuser..Dough Boy

oooh, red font. :eek:

lumpy means bidness this time :rofl:

You're welcome to plagiarize that also....:thup:

How can you guys remember who your first neg was from?

I can't even recall who negged me yesterday or even IF I was negged yesterday.

I'm pretty sure CG was my first neg...if not one of the first two or three.

Though I don't think I've gotten one from her since.

try harder

cg is about the biggest rep whore i've ever seen, although she's toned it down a bit.

she used to blatantly suck up to anyone who had sizable rep.

i know that\ was clear.

pretty pathetic, but i guess that's the price you pay to be bill gates.

:eusa_eh:

There has been a posse of conservatives teaming up to drive off newly joined liberal posters. They abused their power and piled red stars in an attempt to bully new posters they didn't agree with

They had it coming

Bullshit.

There was an influx of loons who come on here making loony pronouncements, and they got the shit negged out of them because they were batshit crazy, dishonest, and assholes as well.

And to hear you and Grump whine about it, it appears they were friends of yours!

Shocking, that!

You tried to flood the site with compatriots, who pissed their pants and deserted ship.

You poor thing. It's so sad. Really.

Get used to it. You don't represent the majority. The majority finds you, and your type, repugnant. So you piss and moan in order to force the majority to put up with your shit...because they would never do it willingly. I think we all know that.

It sucks to be a member of a hated extremist minority, doesn't it?

Sorry righties..

But your little game is over. You were teaming up to bully newcomers and chase them off the board

The Mods got fed up and ended your abuse

There has been a posse of conservatives teaming up to drive off newly joined liberal posters. They abused their power and piled red stars in an attempt to bully new posters they didn't agree with

They had it coming

Bullshit.

There was an influx of loons who come on here making loony pronouncements, and they got the shit negged out of them because they were batshit crazy, dishonest, and assholes as well.

And to hear you and Grump whine about it, it appears they were friends of yours!

Shocking, that!

You tried to flood the site with compatriots, who pissed their pants and deserted ship.

You poor thing. It's so sad. Really.

Get used to it. You don't represent the majority. The majority finds you, and your type, repugnant. So you piss and moan in order to force the majority to put up with your shit...because they would never do it willingly. I think we all know that.

It sucks to be a member of a hated extremist minority, doesn't it?

Sorry righties..

But your little game is over. You were teaming up to bully newcomers and chase them off the board

The Mods got fed up and ended your abuse
No one picked me for the team, dammit.

I'm gonna have to go to the secret club house and have a talk with them.

Oh, BTW, you're fucking nuts.

I don't want them to cut the rep, the neg system they have now should help. It allows the noobs to gain a little traction and earn some rep.

I always hated repping people only to have somebody come along and neg the shit out of them. Such a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back